V7 PRO LONG / LAT

V7 TT Pro / V7S HD /V7 Plus/V7 S2X /V7PRO/ V7 TT

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

STRETCH

V7 PRO LONG / LAT

Post by STRETCH »

After playing with the aerial farm today, after switching off the receivers as not to cause a short with the lnb's.
So when i put power on, to the V7 PRO, I found that i had to reinput the long/lat details, at some point can a update be made so that when a receiver is powered down, or when there is a power cut, the receiver remembers the long/lat and goes to last position it was at .

Den

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Re: V7 PRO LONG / LAT

Post by Feralkiwi »

Try a power off to standby or a user file export / reload.
Power off at the wall may be the issue.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

Powering OFF the receiver is the issue, when you do this, you loss the details of the LONG/LAT, defaults back to factory reset.
If they have the receiver set up in the same way as the V8X it would solve this issue.

Den

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

I was suggesting that doing a controlled shut down with the remote instead of pulling the plug may make the unit save the info.

Did you try the export / import of the user data to make it save?
There is also the go to / save button in the motor menu that is needed in a lot of units to make it save.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

Just doing a controlled shut down with the remote, you still have to switch off the receiver, so that you can remove the lnb on the dish, as not to course a short. Still the same issue, defaults to factory settings, with the V8X receiver this does not happen.
When i get the next update for this receiver, i will check when exporting / importing data to see if the LONG/LAT is the same.
Even when you go to the (Save) within the motor menu after adding a new satellite, to save the position, at some point you will have to power down the receiver.
All that i am asking is that they make it the same as the V8X model.

Den

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Is this an issue with loading your older user DB file into changed later software?

Save your user file and factory reset and start fresh with each satellite and see if that saves the lat long.

I will try to test this here too.

Owen

Return to “GTMEDIA V7 SERIES”