Disable LNB power

V7 TT Pro / V7S HD /V7 Plus/V7 S2X /V7PRO/ V7 TT

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

bigote

Disable LNB power

Post by bigote »

Hola amigos del foro y moderadores.
Tengo 2 gtmedia v7 y un v8 turbo, necesito hacer una instalacion con multiswitches con fuente de poder externa.
Para esto necesito desabilitar el voltage al LNB en el recibidor pero no encuentro esa opcion.
Esta opcion siempre ha estado en todos los decos que conosco asi que no entiendo porque no esta en GTM.
Gracias y de antemano muchas gracias

cpr43
网站管理员

Re: Disable LNB power

Post by cpr43 »

bigote wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:01 pm
Hola amigos del foro y moderadores.
Tengo 2 gtmedia v7 y un v8 turbo, necesito hacer una instalacion con multiswitches con fuente de poder externa.
Para esto necesito desabilitar el voltage al LNB en el recibidor pero no encuentro esa opcion.
Esta opcion siempre ha estado en todos los decos que conosco asi que no entiendo porque no esta en GTM.
Gracias y de antemano muchas gracias
Cual model V7? La V8 turbo la mayoria de las veces esta opcion esta en Menu, Installation, DVB-S, Search setting

Which V7 model? The V8 turbo most of the time this option is in Menu, Installation, DVB-S, Search setting

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

When ever you are carrying out any installation, with any receiver, it is always best to switch the power off.

Den

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

STRETCH wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:31 am
When ever you are carrying out any installation, with any receiver, it is always best to switch the power off.

Den
Remember that not all manufacturers boxes turn off the LNB power when they are in standby, so power off at the wall.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

bigote

Post by bigote »

Thanks guys for your reply, I was hopping someone from the GTmedia team could chime in, as this is something they should address. On the other hand, does anybody know if would it be ok to use the box with 2 power supplies in the circuit? the one from the receiver and the one for the powered multiswitch.
I've been in FTA for over 20 years and have never seen a receiver where you can't turn off the power to the LNB.

Thanks again

cpr43
网站管理员

Post by cpr43 »

bigote wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 11:13 pm
Thanks guys for your reply, I was hopping someone from the GTmedia team could chime in, as this is something they should address. On the other hand, does anybody know if would it be ok to use the box with 2 power supplies in the circuit? the one from the receiver and the one for the powered multiswitch.
I've been in FTA for over 20 years and have never seen a receiver where you can't turn off the power to the LNB.

Thanks again
Did you read right?
The V8 turbo most of the time this option is in Menu, Installation, DVB-S, Search setting
V7 series are always in the OTHER SETTINGS
Attachments
259557058_3047724872162787_7740442239493446605_n.jpg
259557058_3047724872162787_7740442239493446605_n.jpg (42.73 KiB) Viewed 1034 times

Tom.w
网站管理员

Post by Tom.w »

bigote wrote:

Thanks again
there is no disable LNB power with v8turbo or v7.
If with b8turbo, we will release a new firmware fixed this issue.

yesesta

Post by yesesta »

bigote wrote:

Thanks again
With a powered multiswitch you will find you still need the LNB voltage from the STB, it is not used to power the LNB but as a switching voltage to tell the multiswitch that you are using the vertical or horizontal signal. The only time you would not need the voltage is if your system is using a band-stacking device, which is sometimes used in communal systems.
If you really need to block the LNB voltage going up the coax, then use a splitter that has a DC block on one side, that will only pass the signal but not the voltage.

bigote

Post by bigote »

Thanks to all you guys for your kind advise.
I thought that when you use multiswitches you need to disable the power, since they have separate inputs for V and H polarities, so they are always available regardless of LNB power.
This is what I'm trying to achieve: And the reason for using powered switches is because the cable run is over 100Ft.
3dish3fta.JPG
3dish3fta.JPG (43.26 KiB) Viewed 984 times
Regards and happy Holidays
PS. picture credit goes to Anole at SatelliteGuys forum.

Tom.w
网站管理员

Post by Tom.w »

we have released the newest firmware for v8turbo,you can upgrade this firmware,and you can disable the lnb power.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

bigote wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:42 pm
Thanks to all you guys for your kind advise.
I thought that when you use multiswitches you need to disable the power, since they have separate inputs for V and H polarities, so they are always available regardless of LNB power.
This is what I'm trying to achieve: And the reason for using powered switches is because the cable run is over 100Ft.
3dish3fta.JPG
Regards and happy Holidays
PS. picture credit goes to Anole at SatelliteGuys forum.
As yesesta said you need the power on for H V switching and to power the first DiSEqC switch as well.

I use the un powered ones of those, but only 40 feet.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Tom.w wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:07 am
we have released the newest firmware for v8turbo,you can upgrade this firmware,and you can disable the lnb power.
As the V8 Finder Pro is based on Turbo software, it also needs a LNB power off option please.

Owen

Tom.w
网站管理员

Post by Tom.w »

Feralkiwi wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:46 pm
Tom.w wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:07 am
As the V8 Finder Pro is based on Turbo software, it also needs a LNB power off option please.

Owen
yes. we will add this option as soon as possible.

Return to “GTMEDIA V7 SERIES”