STRETCH

Re: tnt satelite

Post by STRETCH »

Is the receiver seeing the usb .

Den

Leezy2

Post by Leezy2 »

It says USB device connected when I plug it in.

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

Have a read of my post again, then lets know step by step what actions you take.
We will then be able to say were you could be going wrong.

Den

Leezy2

Post by Leezy2 »

OK.
I’m using a SanDisk U3 Cruzer pen drive. 2Gb. It’s formatted FAT32 and on Disk Utility it shows the SanDisk and the a volume called Untitled. I’ve reformatted it so there’s nothing on the drive except two hidden folders fseventsd and Spotlight-V100.
I’m downloading GTMedia_V7Pro_V319_Release_20220520.zip
That is showing in finder as GTMEDIA_V7Pro_Firmware release notes.txt and GTMEDIA_V7Pro_V319_Release_20220520.bin
I’ve copied the .bin file to the pendrive, 8.4Mb
USB is in the receiver, which is switched off. During boot it says card in and gives the details of the TNTSat card I have and USB device connected.
Under tools, USB upgrade it says upgrade mode All Code and Upgrade file “no file”
If I unplug the USB it says ISB device disconnected but doesn’t say anything if I plug it back in again.

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

Carry out all the updates with the receiver ON.
With the receiver on, insert your usb into the receiver, it should blink to say it has been found, then go through the upgrade, but remember to carry out a dump of your channel list etc, to usb.

Den
Last edited by STRETCH on Sun Jun 12, 2022 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Leezy2

Post by Leezy2 »

It’s not seeing the USB I don’t think when it’s plugged back in. I’ll try a different Pendrive and see if that works. Everything else I’m doing seems OK?

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

Let us know how you get on.
i have just tried a (lexar 16g) usb in my V7Pro, with the latest update on it, the receiver found the usb, i then went to the upgrade screen (All Code)
the said file was found (GTMEDIA_V7PRO_V319_Release_202) the last couple of numbers and .bin are not shown.

Den

Leezy2

Post by Leezy2 »

Third pendrive I tried has worked as expected. Very strange.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Leezy2 wrote:
Sun Jun 12, 2022 2:06 pm
Thanks Den,
I’m using a Mac but I’ve done basically what you’ve said. I’ve tried the .bin file on the USB both in a GTMedia folder as extracted and also just the file on the USB drive. On the USB upgrade screen it doesn’t pick up a file name to use as an upgrade. I must be doing something wrong but I can’t think what?
Is the file a match for your type of GT Media box?
Each box uses its own software and some do not show software that is not for their box.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Leezy2

Post by Leezy2 »

Thanks for the reply Feral,
It was an issue with the pendrive. Not sure what caused the issue but the third different drive I used worked fine, as expected.

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

Glad to hear that you are now sorted.

Den

Leezy2

Post by Leezy2 »

We spoke too soon!
The box isn’t seeing any satellites now. I’ve connected another box and the dish is working fine all as expected. A full scan of all satellites on the V7 detects no channels!

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

Check your long/lat details, when ever you update, you have to reinput these details.

Den

Leezy2

Post by Leezy2 »

Where do I find that Den?

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

Info as follows.
Menu/Install/ Sat List/ the next screen will be the satellite that you last viewed, move the curser over to the right with the arrows on the remote, then go to Motor Set Up, again move the curser with the arrows on the remote, when on that again with the arrows move left/right until you USALS, at the bottom of the screen you will see (Green) Set Location, press green on the remote, at the next screen put in long/lat for your location, then save.
Check dishpointer, put in your area code to check what long/lat you are.

Den

Leezy2

Post by Leezy2 »

Thanks, done and rebooted. Still no signal on any satellite. It’s pointed at Astra 1, nice clear signal on my other receiver.

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

Is your system, a single dish or do you have a motor fitted.

Den

Leezy2

Post by Leezy2 »

Single dish, fixed and working fine with the other receiver. I’ve missed something with the update I’m sure. Didn’t know about the long/lat thing. Do I leave it on USALS? Doesn’t seem to change anything.

Leezy2

Post by Leezy2 »

Hang on, it’s now saying it’s got a signal from Astra5B!
Man I’m confused.

Leezy2

Post by Leezy2 »

Scanning Astra1 now brings up lots of stations, even though it says it doesn’t have a signal!

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

With you having a single dish, that setting is not required, leave this at (None).
With us moving around the menu/moving the receiver, make sure your (lnb) setting is correct, and all connections are correct etc.
With you having a single dish, you can use ANY satellite any you will get transponders/channels.
Make sure that you pick the correct satellite from the list.

Den

Na2S2O3

Post by Na2S2O3 »

Hello,
Could we come back to the real subject of this forum: French TNT on astra, thank you.
Na2S2O3
:roll:

Leezy2

Post by Leezy2 »

We certainly can as I’ve now got it working, thanks for all the help guys. Sorry if it seemed to go off topic but the goal was always to get French TNTSat working on the box again.

So, finally did the update, but no signal showing from the Astra1 satellite where I would get the TNTSat signal from. I set up a new satellite on the list at 19.2E and manually set up a list of the transponder frequencies for the TNTSat channels. Strangely, as I went through the list the box showed a signal for these transponder settings even though it showed none for the satellite overall? Bit odd.
I then did a scan on these and got all the TNTSat channels, plus a few others. Obviously these were encrypted at first as has been discussed at the start of the thread. Put the TNTSat card in, 15€ from their website that lasts 4 years, and all working fine again.

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

Only giving support to a user.

Den

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Leezy2 wrote:
Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:14 pm
We spoke too soon!
The box isn’t seeing any satellites now. I’ve connected another box and the dish is working fine all as expected. A full scan of all satellites on the V7 detects no channels!
A "Full" scan will use the frequencies listed in the TP list for that satellite, AND the LNB frequency setting.
If the LNB frequency is incorrect the full scan will not work.

A "Blind" scan will look for what is there regardless of the LNB frequency setting, but for maybe the high / low band that is for universal LNB's that use 9750/10600 setting. A frequency of 13000 will not look at the high band as the 22kHz is not Automaticaly turned on for the high band.

Looking at a satellite on the sat list will show signal level for the first TP on the list for that satellite with the current setting for the LNB frequency.
In most antenna settings menus you can select the TP you want to look at while you change settings to find a signal.

Blind scanning finds things but may show an incorrect TP frequency if your LNB frequency is incorrect.
After a blind scan you can compare the frequencies found against channel lists like lyngsat dot com.

If you are unsure of your LNB frequency, look at what is set in the other box that works, note the 22kHz setting as well, "auto" is set automatically if you set a universal LNB like 9750/10600.
Note: the GT Combo has an error as you scroll through the LNB frequency, it leaves this "Auto" 22kHz setting set after you leave the universal LNB's as you scroll in one direction, left or right, I think right scrolling.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Return to “GTMEDIA V7 SERIES”