satellite search help

V7 TT Pro / V7S HD /V7 Plus/V7 S2X /V7PRO/ V7 TT

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

bashwell

satellite search help

Post by bashwell »

Hi
My name is Bob Ashwell, and I live in Fuerteventura, the Canary Islands.

I have purchased a new v7 hd satellite receiver from GTMEDIA, as a spare for my existing satellite receiver.
My dish is currently set to the Intelsat 907 satellite at 27.5 west, and my existing sat box receives a very good signal.

After plugging the v7 hd in, it does not show my satellite in the list of about 40 satellites; am I doing something wrong, or can someone help me to find this satellite with the v7 receiver?

Thanks, Bob Ashwell

STRETCH

Re: satellite search help

Post by STRETCH »

It may be named as (Intelsat 901). Use the search box, top right, (BBC SATBACK) and see what comes up.
The following receivers, V8X / V8UHD / V8Turbo / V7Pro all support the said channels, the keys are built within the software, all you need to do is scan, and all channels will be found and be all to view. All that you need to do is put the channels in the order that you require them.

Den

bashwell

Post by bashwell »

Hi Den
Thanks for your reply to my question.
I typed bbc satback, and searched.It came back with 4 lines of info, but none that matched what I''m currently using;
ie Intelsat 907 27.5/11495/v/44100

I don't know what the above means, but my existing sat reciever gets a really good picture with these settings.Is it possible to make
the v7 accept these settings?
As you can tell, I'm not at all savvy with setting these things up; any help is really appreciated.
Thanks Bob ; retired in Fuerteventura

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

Can you confirm what model of V7HD that you have, also what software is on the receiver that you have.
Then we will be able to confirm best course of action.

Den

bashwell

Post by bashwell »

model no. s2xt2 m03
Sorry, how do I find the software?
Told you I wasn't very good with this stuff!

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

Another way to check what model you have, go to the (GTMedia Firmware Download), click on that, then go to (GTMedia V7 Series), click on that,
scroll down to (V7HD Firmware (17/12/2021), click on this, when it comes up on the screen, have a look at the picture, is this the model.
The software for the older model is at the bottom of the page (Freesat V7HD 28/08/2019), but this does not show a picture.
You could attach a photo of your model.
Then we should be able to talk you through, on how to check what software you have, and what action can be taken.

Den

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

bashwell wrote:
Thu May 05, 2022 9:13 am
Hi Den
Thanks for your reply to my question.
I typed bbc satback, and searched.It came back with 4 lines of info, but none that matched what I''m currently using;
ie Intelsat 907 27.5/11495/v/44100

I don't know what the above means, but my existing sat reciever gets a really good picture with these settings.Is it possible to make
the v7 accept these settings?
As you can tell, I'm not at all savvy with setting these things up; any help is really appreciated.
Thanks Bob ; retired in Fuerteventura
If the satellite you need is not on the satellite list you can "ADD" one to the list.
Then you need to set the antenna setting the same as those in your other box, like LNB frequency, 22kHz, DiSEqC 1.0 and 1.1, motor if you have one.

It may be the LNB frequency is different than in your other unit and that is why the scanned frequency is not the same.
Also if your LNB is a twin satellite you may be scanning the other satellite.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Return to “GTMEDIA V7 SERIES”