V7S2X boot,load,boot,load...rescue?

V7 TT Pro / V7S HD /V7 Plus/V7 S2X /V7PRO/ V7 TT

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

pinio

V7S2X boot,load,boot,load...rescue?

Post by pinio »

Hello - when uploading a new FW something went wrong and the message is repeated all the time (boot then load and so on). I tried to upload all firmware versions from the oldest to the latest in the original file names and changed to "flash.bin" ,, no result :( when pressing the menu button on the remote control, the pendrive wakes up for a moment and then the same on the tv screen, information about uploading new software and again the gtmedia logo. The pendrive is changed to different ones. Can something be done about it? There is rs232 on the disc -any hints or to the trash. Thank you for your help.

CAJE
网站管理员

Re: V7S2X boot,load,boot,load...rescue?

Post by CAJE »

You should try with more firmwares renamed to flash.bin of V8S2X

pinio

Post by pinio »

I don't know if you're kidding me :( if so, that's sad! There's no such thing as a V8S2X. If this is help, thank you! I asked a question about my problem hoping for help, not joking. :( :(

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

Have a look in the (Download) section, for other software for your receiver, then carry out a (Forced) update.

Den

CAJE
网站管理员

Post by CAJE »

pinio wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 6:00 pm
I don't know if you're kidding me :( if so, that's sad! There's no such thing as a V8S2X. If this is help, thank you! I asked a question about my problem hoping for help, not joking. :( :(
If the flash.bin load does not last 90 seconds you should try another firmware or other usb

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Try different USB sticks, as some may not work.

Here are my notes on flash.bin recovery

The GT Media instructions on forced recovery are here.

flash.bin recovery is done like this.

Place a copy of the unpacked software (the .bin file) on a USB stick and rename it "flash.bin"
With the USB in the unit, power on while repeat pressing "Menu" on the remote.
The unit should reload the software.

Also other users say that you must use a USB stick, not a card holder etc and that stick must be 32Gb or under.
Use the rear USB port on units that have two ports.

I have had units that will not recover.
Try using the same software as was in the unit when it crashed, not the new update software.
You must use the correct software, ie that for the V7HD for the V7HD etc, not software for any other freesat units.

Try even older software as the file for flash.bin.

Look at the LED in the USB stick. When the TV shows the message "USB Upgrade, do not turn off" you should see the LED on the USB flash as the file is loaded.
The USB LED should also flash a few times as the unit first powers on and looks at it.
Also users have said to use the rear USB port for this on V8 units.

New information: Users are reporting that naming the file "Flash.bin" with a capital has worked where "flash.bin" has not. This is with the Nova units mostly.

Edited 24 Aug 2021
I found that a USB stick with a lot (more than 30+) .bin files on it, my UHD unit would not show the new software file in the menus.
This suggests that having too many .bin files on the USB stick can also be a problem.
I moved most of the file into a folder and it then showed the file.
Keep only one or two files in the main directory.

Edited 21 Sept 2021
From the PDF file for the V7 V8.
6. V7 V8 USB forced upgrade:::
6.1. Connect the power, and press “MENU” continuously with the remote control.
Note: Press the button continuously.
This should read repeatedly"

6.2.Digital tube shows UP9,,,After releasing the MENU button, enter the upgrade mode

Good luck

There have been user that recover their unit after removing the wifi board, or just cut the 5v power to the board.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

pinio

Post by pinio »

Hello - I have already done all the possible hints and then it turns on and off alternately with (boot, load) with the menu pressed, launches f9, starts the pendrive with flash (the LED is on) after a while again (boot, load) the pendrive is changed. what about rs232? maybe a computer cable? like v8x with mars update. Anyone tried this way?

cpr43
网站管理员

Post by cpr43 »

pinio wrote:
Mon Nov 21, 2022 2:58 pm
Hello - I have already done all the possible hints and then it turns on and off alternately with (boot, load) with the menu pressed, launches f9, starts the pendrive with flash (the LED is on) after a while again (boot, load) the pendrive is changed. what about rs232? maybe a computer cable? like v8x with mars update. Anyone tried this way?
Several old files to try. Make sure you rename the file as flash as to it will take the .bin automatizally. If you happens to add the .bin you could end with flash.bin.bin.

Also try Flash with Capital letter as well. When pressing MENU does not hold the MENU bouton all the time. Press and release, press and release...
Attachments
GTMedia_V7S2X_Release_20201203.zip
(3.4 MiB) Downloaded 23 times
GTMedia_V7S2X_Release_20201028.zip
(3.39 MiB) Downloaded 12 times
GTMedia_V7S2X_Release_20201014.zip
(3.39 MiB) Downloaded 13 times
GTMedia_V7S2X_release_20200909.zip
(3.38 MiB) Downloaded 16 times

pinio

Post by pinio »

After hints and conclusions, I came to the stage where on the forced FUP9 flash drive called flash without bin flashes several times with flash.bin lit continuously for 2-4 seconds and the tuner in both cases (boot, flash), etc. Changed to Flash. bin -flash.bin-original to no avail :(
I thank my colleagues for their commitment, but nothing will come of it.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Some of us have found leaving the unit unpowered for a few days and then try works.

This may give time for something to recover???

There is the RS232 recovery method.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

pinio

Post by pinio »

I tried with the cable https://pl.aliexpress.com/item/10050047 ... pt=glo2pol after converting the plug to pins: GND,RXD,TXD in all possible configurations -connects but where in the program are #u loads some strange bushes and nothing happens, I changed the flash every time I tried :(

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

The pin connections are shown here.

Please explain more what you mean here?
program are #u loads some strange bushes and nothing happens
Owen

pinio

Post by pinio »

As I sent - I have an rs232 cable from usb to audio jack bought for v8x - I connected the rs232 cables by connecting to the jack plug as in the picture - after connecting artifacts like `~~..`%#* ^ and such lines appear. Via com port connects, tries in all configurations do not give anything
36fkG8K.png
36fkG8K.png (56.42 KiB) Viewed 869 times

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

This is a link to my notes on the Finder V71 recovery.
There is some extra note at the bottom regarding the PC coms port.

Owen

Edited June 11 2021:
Here are some more note on USB to RS232 serial devices.

Here is how I got this to work

I had plugged the USB to RS232 serial device into a USB port and it loaded the driver as port 14.
The GT Media recovery tool only allows for ports 1 to 9.

I use Windows 7, this may be different for Windows 10.
I opened "My computer" / Control panel / View devices and printers.
There I can see the serial device and the port number it is using, for me that was 14.
I then clicked on it and when to Hardware / Properties / Change settings / Drivers / Uninstall.
Then I plugged in the USB to RS232 to a different USB on the other side of the laptop and it reloaded the driver as port 4.

Then I could set the recovery tool for port 4 and V7Pro.

I then worked.

Here is a link to my posts on this

Return to “GTMEDIA V7 SERIES”