Mars on V7 Pro not compatible with Smart Cards?

V7 TT Pro / V7S HD /V7 Plus/V7 S2X /V7PRO/ V7 TT

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

Virgule

Mars on V7 Pro not compatible with Smart Cards?

Post by Virgule »

Hello,
Owning two V7 Pro, I thought I could try the new Mars Firmware on one of them. I then installed Mars Version 1.09 from Nov. 24, 2022 and could enjoy the new interface, IMHO much more user friendly than the standard one.
There is however a big drawback:
Inserting a valid TNTSAT Smartcard (Viaccess) in order to watch French programmes on Astra 19.2E has no effect.
The programmes remain scrambled despite the fact that the enclosed help file claims that this Mars firmware "Currently supports CONAX, irdeto, Viaccess, SECA Tivusat HD( blue and gold), and other cards".
A very confusing warning adds "Users who use smart cards, please do not upgrade this software" without explaining why. I must admit that I do not understand this apparent contradiction.
My question:
Is the Mars version compatible with the use of valid smartcards or will a next version allow this?
Additional question:
Is a French translation of Mars actually planned?
Thanks in advance.

Lining
网站管理员

Re: Mars on V7 Pro not compatible with Smart Cards?

Post by Lining »

Virgule wrote:
Mon Dec 05, 2022 4:56 pm
Hello,
Owning two V7 Pro, I thought I could try the new Mars Firmware on one of them. I then installed Mars Version 1.09 from Nov. 24, 2022 and could enjoy the new interface, IMHO much more user friendly than the standard one.
There is however a big drawback:
Inserting a valid TNTSAT Smartcard (Viaccess) in order to watch French programmes on Astra 19.2E has no effect.
The programmes remain scrambled despite the fact that the enclosed help file claims that this Mars firmware "Currently supports CONAX, irdeto, Viaccess, SECA Tivusat HD( blue and gold), and other cards".
A very confusing warning adds "Users who use smart cards, please do not upgrade this software" without explaining why. I must admit that I do not understand this apparent contradiction.
My question:
Is the Mars version compatible with the use of valid smartcards or will a next version allow this?
Additional question:
Is a French translation of Mars actually planned?
Thanks in advance.
1. Mars will add French behind
2. TNTSAT SMARTCARD (Viaccess), can you recognize card information?
FREESAT brand change GT MEDlA

Virgule

Post by Virgule »

Lining wrote:
Fri Dec 09, 2022 8:35 am
Hello,
1. Thank you very much for the coming French translation.

2. On inserting the TNTSAT Smartcard, a prompt appears saying: "Slot 0 - Smartcard init OK"
The Viaccess menu shows the following:
Card No.: xxxxxx
0: fff400 ISSUER (Unauthorized)
1: 30b00 TNTSAT (Unauthorized)
This Smartcard works perfectly on my other V7 Pro (with Firmware V322).

Virgule

Post by Virgule »

Lining wrote:
Fri Dec 09, 2022 8:35 am
Hello Lining,
Was my answer (Dec. 9th) to your second question of any help for you? Do you need any additional details?
Will the Mars firmware be soon compatible with TNTSAT card?

Thanks in advance for your answer.

Virgule

Post by Virgule »

Hello,

I have just downloaded the latest Mars firmware for V7Pro (V7PRO_Mars_V1.10.5758 of Jan 15. 2023) and I am still very pleased with its interface which looks much better and more user friendly than the classical V7Pro appearance.

But this latest upgrade still does not accept TNTSAT cards nor FRANSAT cards which makes it unuseable for the French public. These cards work very well with the standard V7PRO interface and I think this should also be the case with the Mars interface.

As long as GTMedia has not solved this big problem, I suggest French users NOT to upgrade their GTMedia receivers to Mars interface because it is actually totally useless for French viewers. In addition to this, a downgrade to previous interface appears to be quite difficult.

A question to GTMedia: Is Mars soon going to be compatible with TNTSAT and FRANSAT cards?

Virgule

kladovchk

Post by kladovchk »

I decided to switch to Mars. I have 2 V7 Pro receivers and decided to update one with Mars software . I just installed the latest version of the Mars firmware for V7 Pro (V7 PRO_Mars_V1.10.5758 dated January 15, 2023). Interestingly, the Telekarta Conax (0B00) card works, but Telekarta_Irdeto (0602) is not detected in the card reader. Although there were no problems with the Telekarta Irdeto (0602) card in the standard V7 PRO interface, the card was detected and worked.
The first two screenshots are V7 PRO_Mars, and the last 2 are V7 PRO. Is it possible to solve this problem in the next software update V7 PRO Mars?
Attachments
Telekarta_Irdeto(0602)_Mars.png
Telekarta_Irdeto(0602)_Mars.png (508.56 KiB) Viewed 872 times
Telekarta_Conax(0B00)_Mars.png
Telekarta_Conax(0B00)_Mars.png (640.91 KiB) Viewed 872 times
Telekarta_Irdeto(0602).jpg
Telekarta_Irdeto(0602).jpg (131.54 KiB) Viewed 872 times
Telekarta_Conax(0B00).jpg
Telekarta_Conax(0B00).jpg (182.86 KiB) Viewed 872 times
GTMEDIA GTX Combo, GTMEDIA GT Combo, GTMEDIA V8 UHD, GTMEDIA X8, GTMEDIA X8 Combo, GTMEDIA V8 Turbo and GTMEDIA V7 Pro
GTMedia V8FINDER Pro2, V8Finder Pro, V8 Finder Max, V8FINDER2, V8Finder-Meter, GTMEDIA V8 Finder BT05 and GTMEDIA D2

Virgule

Post by Virgule »

Hello Lining,

In your anouncement of yesterday, you wrote that customers using Smart cards should NOT upgrade to Mars software and keep their original (far less attractive) software instead:
Lining wrote: Instructions for upgrading Mars software:
1. Mars is a brand new software to let more users watch more programs.
2. But if you need to use local CLINE, Autobices and Auto PV features, and Smart Card functions, please suspend upgrade Mars software and keep the original software continued.
This is in apparent contradiction with point 4. of Mars installation procedures (see attached picture):

My questions are:
1. are you planning in the near future to enable the use of smart cards in MARS software like in the standard GTMedia interface?
2. And, if so, when can we expect this improvement?
3. Is there a technical impossibility to enable MARS to work with smart cards?

I purchased several GTMedia V7Pro in 2021 because they were then able to read free French channels on Eutelsat 5°W and Astra 19.2°E WITHOUT smart cards. Then this ability was lost with no explanation. After an upgrade however, the GTMedia devices could once again read free French channels but only with a valid TNTSAT or FRANSAT card. They actually still work great but with an antiquated interface. It would be a very valuable plus for us as customers to enjoy our GTMedia receivers as usual WITH the new MARS software.

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Have a nice day

Virgule
Attachments
001.jpg
001.jpg (146.55 KiB) Viewed 794 times

CAJE
网站管理员

Post by CAJE »

:idea: I have tried an Nagra3 card it decrypts perfectly, the problem will be that they don't all work, first you have to make sure you don't regret putting Mars

Virgule

Post by Virgule »

Hello Caje,
CAJE wrote:
Wed Feb 08, 2023 10:13 am
:idea: I have tried an Nagra3 card it decrypts perfectly, the problem will be that they don't all work, first you have to make sure you don't regret putting Mars
You're absolutely right! i would not advise -for the time being- V7Pro owners to upgrade to MARS if they use a smart card. I "sacrificed" one of my V7Pro just to try MARS. The result is rather convincing as the interface is much more user friendly but the actual incompatibility with some smart cards is a real no go!

MARS offers a much better and ergonomic interface but this is only cosmetic and I frankly do not understand why the software kernel should be so different and less effective than the standard one.

Return to “GTMEDIA V7 SERIES”