use of mast head amplifier with V7plus

V7 TT Pro / V7S HD /V7 Plus/V7 S2X /V7PRO/ V7 TT

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

kolithawick

use of mast head amplifier with V7plus

Post by kolithawick »

I have a gtmedia V7plus. For terrestrial receiving I am going to use a mast head amplifier with this.
is it possible to get the power from the receiver.
What is the voltage out? and what is the maximum current I can get from the receiver.
please help me.
Thanking in advance.
Kolitha.

CAJE
网站管理员

Re: use of mast head amplifier with V7plus

Post by CAJE »

The power source for the mast amplifier is 12V and only amplifies the TDT, the satellite signal does not need it

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

Some (Head Amp's) may use 5/6v power supply units, which could be supplied with power from the USB socket, that is if your receiver has two USB sockets. Which will be a long run.
The amp will be put as close to the aerial, as you can get it.

Den

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

I think the GT Media unit output 5v from the DVB-T connection.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

kolithawick

Post by kolithawick »

my amp needs 12v and 60ma.
with v8 plus can I get enough power to feed this through terrestrial in put jack?
kolitha.

kolithawick

Post by kolithawick »

I just connected it to box and it is working.
so voltage must be ok.
dont know how much current can supply from the box.
dear feralkiwi do you have any idea about the current it can supply.
kolitha.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

No I haven't checked that.

I did find my UHF antenna in my car worked OK with the V8Pro2 box with antenna power on, but would trip over current with the V8Finder Pro. That could be sensitivity of the finder.

I would think that info should be in a detailed specification.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

kolithawick

Post by kolithawick »

thank you very much for the information
does v7plus has a over current trip on this connector.
if that is so, no triping means the current must be wihtin the safe range.
I will use this for some time and see.
Where can I find the detailed specification for this receiver.
kolitha.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Yes there should be a current trip on all units.
As for the specs?
I did some looking at sales pages on Aliexpress hoping one would have a good spec list, but found none so far.

Owen

kolithawick

Post by kolithawick »

thanks Feralkiwi,
v7plus is working ok with the amplifier.
it seems the box can supply the current required.
kolitha.

johnyyy

Post by johnyyy »

The maximum current that can be drawn from the power output is approximately 100 milliamps (mA). This should be sufficient for most masthead amplifiers, but it's always a good idea to check the amplifier's specifications to ensure that it falls within this range.

To use the power output, you will need to connect the masthead amplifier to the ANT IN port on the receiver using a coaxial cable. Make sure that the amplifier is designed to be powered by the receiver's power output, as some amplifiers may require a higher voltage or current than what the receiver can provide.
Last edited by johnyyy on Thu Mar 02, 2023 5:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

kolithawick

Post by kolithawick »

johnyyy wrote:
Sat Feb 18, 2023 5:32 am
The maximum current that can be drawn from the power output is approximately 100 milliamps (mA). This should be sufficient for most masthead amplifiers, but it's always a good idea to check the amplifier's specifications to ensure that it falls within this range.

To use the power output, you will need to connect the masthead amplifier to the ANT IN port on the receiver using a coaxial cable. Make sure that the amplifier is designed to be powered by the receiver's power output, as some amplifiers may require a higher voltage or current than what the receiver can provide.
Welcome to the forum johnyyy.
Thanks for the very good explanation. my amp needs 12v and 60ma.
it is well within the specs you posted and it is working up to now with out any problem.
thanking again.
kolitha.

Lewis Fletcher

Post by Lewis Fletcher »

The GTMedia V7Plus is a satellite receiver that is not designed for use with terrestrial antennas. However, some users have reported success using a terrestrial antenna with a masthead amplifier, which can provide additional signal amplification.

In general, it is not recommended to power a masthead amplifier from the satellite receiver, as the voltage and current output may not be sufficient to power the amplifier properly. Most masthead amplifiers require a DC voltage input of around 12-24V and a current draw of around 100-200mA.

It's possible that the GTMedia V7Plus may have a built-in voltage output for powering a masthead amplifier, but this would need to be confirmed in the user manual or by contacting the manufacturer directly. It's also possible to use a separate power supply to power the masthead amplifier, which may be a safer and more reliable option.

Before attempting to use a masthead amplifier with your terrestrial antenna, it's important to ensure that the amplifier is compatible with the frequencies and signals in your area, and that the antenna and amplifier are properly installed and grounded for optimal performance and safety.

Return to “GTMEDIA V7 SERIES”