No Youtube Playing - Data Error in Germany. USB Update not working made with Linuxg

V7 TT Pro / V7S HD /V7 Plus/V7 S2X /V7PRO/ V7 TT

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

Monamtb

No Youtube Playing - Data Error in Germany. USB Update not working made with Linuxg

Post by Monamtb »

I can unzip the bin file for the USB update - but it won't update no matter what.
Anybody have an idea why that is? I am using MX Linux to create the file and put it on a USB stick

Monamtb

Re: No Youtube Playing - Data Error in Germany. USB Update not working made with Linuxg

Post by Monamtb »

Some basic instructions for the USB firmware update were missing.
Here is what made it work:
1) Download the appropriate flash file - in my case:
GTMedia_V7S2X_Release_V447_20220214.bin

2) Rename the file: Flash.bin - uppercase seems to be a must!

3) Insert USB stick at the USB port AT THE BACK of the unit - front doesn't work ( which is why my file never updated - aside from not having it properly renamed)

4) Menu -> Tools -> USB Update -> Flash file will be highlighted -> move down to START menu entry -> update will take place.

As written in another post already - the Youtube play function always shows an ERROR MESSAGE when trying to load the URL of the video here in Germany.

I can start Youtube App and it loads various suggestions.
But when I want to select a specific video I get the aformentioned erros message.

If this issue will not be solved I will return the unit - because that was the reason I bought it.

Return to “GTMEDIA V7 SERIES”