Post by cpr43 »

uplink wrote:
Sun May 21, 2023 11:07 pm
Does Mars firmware support biss or powervu
Yes,

philamerica2

Re: Mars firmware

Post by philamerica2 »

Sorry for the silly question, but I am new on this forum, where can I get the Mars firmware? I need it to watch a BISS channel for which I have the proper authorization & key. Thanks!

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

What receiver do you have, what software have you got on that receiver.
If as you say, you have the keys for the channel, why not put them into the softcam, you should still be able to view that channel.
What satellite/channel.

Den

philamerica2

Post by philamerica2 »

Thanks for the followup:

I have the V7HD receiver

I found the Mars software for the V7Pro, which does not load on the V7HD.

Any idea where to find the Mars software for the V7HD?

The receiver is currently loaded with GTMEDIA V7HD_V447_17122021 but I don't think it supports BISS, or does it? If it does, I cannot find the menu where to enter the BISS key.

Thanks & sorry if it sounds like I'm a beginner (I am!), thanks!!!!!

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

That model that you have, is a old model, which does not have (Mars).
The receiver does support (Biss), i did have this model, but have upgraded, i no longer have it.
Have you tried using the search box, top right, you may find post about the softcam on the said model.

Den

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

Have had a look in the cupboard to see what old receivers that i may have, found a V8 NOVA ORANGE and V7S2X, which has non Mars software.
Both these receivers have different ways to get the keys on the softcam, which may help you get into the softcam of the V7HD.

V8 NOVA ORANGE
Menu / Move curser left or right / Tools / Move curser down to Conditional Access / OK / 6666 / Key Edit comes to the Screen / Move curser Down to it / OK / Move curser to (Biss) / OK / With the Green button on the remote, Press this / Next page move the curser down to Key Data / OK / Delete ALL the Zero's, with the Red button on the remote/ Add your NEW keys ALL 16 / At the end Press Yellow on the remote to Save / Then Exit / It will ask you (Are you sure to Save) / Move curser over to (YES) then Press OK / Exit Out. After that view channel.

V7S2X
Menu / Move curser to Network / Move the curser over to the Right to Network Config / 6666 / Move curser to Key Edit / OK / Move curser to (BISS) / OK / With the Green button on the remote , Press this / Next page move the curser down to Key Data / OK / Delete ALL the Zero's with the Red button on the remote / Add your NEW keys ALL 16 / At the end Press Yellow on the remote to Save / Then Exit / Exit Again / It will ask you (Are you sure to Save) / Move curser over to (YES) then Press OK / Exit Out. After that view channel.

This may help

Den

philamerica2

Post by philamerica2 »

Thank you

Yes, 6666 under the Network menu brought the "Key Edit" line.

I can now see the different types of encryption.

I'll play around to see if I can make it work with the BISS line!

Thanks!

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

Glad to help

Den

Return to “GTMEDIA V7 SERIES”