GTmedia V7 pro no Audio video on hdmi cable

V7 TT Pro / V7S HD /V7 Plus/V7 S2X /V7PRO/ V7 TT

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

nico

GTmedia V7 pro no Audio video on hdmi cable

Post by nico »

Hello everyone,
in my v7 pro the audio and video on the hdmi cable no longer works. I also tested the "AV out" analog output but it doesn't work. The only working output is RF out socket. No problems in the boot. Do you have any ideas?

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Re: GTmedia V7 pro no Audio video on hdmi cable

Post by Feralkiwi »

Hi

You could try saving your user data, channel list softcam and any Ccam info and then do a factory reset.

Unlikely, most likely a hardware failure, as the AV has also failed.

Just check that you used the correct 3.5mm AV cable as GT Media units use a longer plug.

HDMI port fails if there has been a power surge or lightning as the ground current path is from the dish - LNB connection - HDMI cable to TV - TV antenna to ground.
This burns out the HDMI port in the box.
To help avoid this add a AV cable as well or a ground wire between the box and TV.
The Receiver power supply is not grounded.

Owen

Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

nico

Post by nico »

Thanks Owen,
I already did a factory reset. About the av cable, actually I used a cable with length of 15 mm not 18. I will try the one with correct length. Probably a power surge knocked out the HDMI output. I will only use the box with the analog connection.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

With the shorter plug cable, the video will be on one of the audio connections if you want to do a quick test.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Return to “GTMEDIA V7 SERIES”