scan for 12152 TP can't find it

V7 TT Pro / V7S HD /V7 Plus/V7 S2X /V7PRO/ V7 TT

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

Lund19foot@gmail.com

scan for 12152 TP can't find it

Post by Lund19foot@gmail.com »

hoping someone can help. was able to get 92 for signal but no quality . was able to get 43% on quality for 12524 H with 18 paid channels. is it as simple as fine tuning my dish pointing? in my blind scan i have tried FTA channels only as well, found 0 channels. is it as simple as maybe really fine tuning my dish pointing?
thank you

CAJE
网站管理员

Re: scan for 12152 TP can't find it

Post by CAJE »

You have to align that satellite dish better to achieve a signal quality of approximately 80%

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

Also check the skew of the lnb, while tweaking your dish to get a good signal.

Den

cpr43
网站管理员

Post by cpr43 »

Lund19foot@gmail.com wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2023 1:18 am
hoping someone can help. was able to get 92 for signal but no quality . was able to get 43% on quality for 12524 H with 18 paid channels. is it as simple as fine tuning my dish pointing? in my blind scan i have tried FTA channels only as well, found 0 channels. is it as simple as maybe really fine tuning my dish pointing?
thank you
What satellite is this?

Lund19foot@gmail.com

Post by Lund19foot@gmail.com »

so today i got 12 channels on tv, BUT don't believe it was galaxy 19, i had Taiwan , nhk world japan, cgtn global business etc, but had no RTPI ( 12152 TP ). so i moved to open field ( no trees ) still could not find 97W. even tried a friends fancy meter and it wouldn't find it. for an lnb i chose universal , check marked 97w ku satellite and even chose 12152 freq BUT no go. any suggestions?

yesesta

Post by yesesta »

Lund19foot@gmail.com wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2023 2:05 am
so today i got 12 channels on tv, BUT don't believe it was galaxy 19, i had Taiwan , nhk world japan, cgtn global business etc, but had no RTPI ( 12152 TP ). so i moved to open field ( no trees ) still could not find 97W. even tried a friends fancy meter and it wouldn't find it. for an lnb i chose universal , check marked 97w ku satellite and even chose 12152 freq BUT no go. any suggestions?
If you go to www.lyngsat(dot)com/america.html you will see the stations you mention are on SES1 (101w), so you are a little off with your aiming. Also www.dishpointer(dot)com is a good site, you put in your location and select your satellite and it will draw a line on a map for you. If you are a little off with your location you can drag the "X" to your exact spot.

A word about the signal/quality readings, if you take your LNB and lay it on the table next to your receiver and then connect it with a short length of coaxial, you will get a signal reading of about 90, it is showing the noise coming out of the LNB, you will only get a quality reading when it is mounted on the antenna and the antenna is aligned. You should aim at a Q reading of 70-90, the higher the better. A Signal reading of 90 at least tells you the LNB is connected.

You may or may not know about the "skew". Start with the LNB in its bracket with the antenna connector pointing down. Then when you find your satellite rotate the LNB in it's bracket to get max signal (Q).I'm sure you will find it (97w), just takes a little practice. Good Luck.

Return to “GTMEDIA V7 SERIES”