Lost BBC Radio on V7S2X - Astra 2E

V7 TT Pro / V7S HD /V7 Plus/V7 S2X /V7PRO/ V7 TT

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

Nunthewiser

Lost BBC Radio on V7S2X - Astra 2E

Post by Nunthewiser »

I had been listening to some BBC radio channels last year and now they seem to be missing. I have tried rescanning but some of them are gone particularly BBC World Service and Radio 3, which I used to get last year. I know the BBC has done a lot of reshuffling.

I am pretty sure my box can tune them, but I just don't know how. The User manual is really horrible, IMO.

I am getting hundreds of UK channels (in HD) and radio here in northern France, just not these 2 . I am a bit afraid of playing around with the box without better instructions or some guidance.

Can anyone help?
Attachments
Screenshot 2024-02-17 12.20.51 PM.png
Screenshot 2024-02-17 12.20.51 PM.png (101.55 KiB) Viewed 504 times

STRETCH

Re: Lost BBC Radio on V7S2X - Astra 2E

Post by STRETCH »

Just checked (flysat), main BBC RADIO channels are on 11026H 23000, other Radio channels are on 11553H 22000.
On checking (kingofsat) this time, the said transponder is still there, will check with a V7S2X that i have to see what happens.
Depending on your location, you may be outside the foot print of the transponders.
What channels are you after,

Den

Nunthewiser

Post by Nunthewiser »

BBC World Service and Radio 3. I'm in Cholet France, with a 60cm dish. I get all the BBC HD tv channels now and a lot of radio, including some BBC radio, just not those now. I got them last year, though.

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

Now that i now know of your location, and with the channels that you require, which are on a UK Beam, you may have to look at upgrading to a larger dish, may be 80cm or 100cm.
Have a word with a local satellite installer, they should show you what can be got with those size dishes in there shop.
That will be the reason you are unable to get the channels now.
Have a look in your area, to see what size dishes other people use.
Check your transponder list, it may require to be amended, details are as below.
BBC WORLD SERVICE is on 10788V 23000, RADIO THREE in on 11024H 23000.

Can confirm that the said receiver will find the said channels.

Den

Nunthewiser

Post by Nunthewiser »

I did a blind scan (as opposed to a "full scan" which was the default) and I found the BBC WS at a different location on the radio list. It had been at #18, now it is #88 or so. It is still listed at #18 but there is nothing there. It plays fine in the new location and BBC is also working.

My dish size is fine here for reasonable weather.

The manual lacks any in depth explanation of many things. I am sure the box is capable of more than my limited knowledge, but the manual is very limited.

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

What you could do is delete the channel that is at #18, then Move the channel that is at #88 to #18 to keep the channel list to the way that you like it.
The Manual is lacking a lot of detail, just post here on the forum questions, that you wish to ask, on how to get the best from your receiver.
Giving details of your system, what channels you wish to view etc.

Den

Return to “GTMEDIA V7 SERIES”