US Firmware Feature Request & Bugs

V7 TT Pro / V7S HD /V7 Plus/V7 S2X /V7PRO/ V7 TT

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

Yankee495

US Firmware Feature Request & Bugs

Post by Yankee495 »

Hello,

We are in the US and and the V7 HD works good.
But, We would like a change in the firmware for our motorized dishes.
When you press FAV on the remote it brings up Favorite Groups.

When you select a Fav Group it goes to the last channel viewed in that Group and makes the dish move to the satellite the channel is on.
It would be better for the V7 to wait until we select a channel by pressing OK before the dish moved
because the channel may be on the same satellite we are already on. No need for the dish to move before we press OK.
We hope that is a simple change you can make for Special US Firmware.

Also, we have audio skipping (cutting out) on some channels. Who do we talk to so we can see if this can be fixed?
We can send a recording to help you fix it.

We love the Freesat receivers and have ordered more. We have ordered V8 Golden and V8 Super receivers too.
They are not here yet for us to test. We hope they are great too.

Thank you,

John

bezerratim

Re: US Firmware Feature Request & Bugs

Post by bezerratim »

I speak of Brazil already bought 40 freesat units v7HD ta missing a support for the channels in power- vu in sat 43.1w 58W 61W 70w and 75w

bezerratim

Post by bezerratim »

very good devices if you have support for the Latin American satellite will stay top

DigitalJosee

Post by DigitalJosee »

Any chance of opening the source of the Freesat V7? So we could change it by ourselves?
Or an better EPG? Something like this:

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Yankee495 wrote:Hello,

We are in the US and and the V7 HD works good.
But, We would like a change in the firmware for our motorized dishes.
When you press FAV on the remote it brings up Favorite Groups.

When you select a Fav Group it goes to the last channel viewed in that Group and makes the dish move to the satellite the channel is on.
It would be better for the V7 to wait until we select a channel by pressing OK before the dish moved
because the channel may be on the same satellite we are already on. No need for the dish to move before we press OK.
We hope that is a simple change you can make for Special US Firmware.

Also, we have audio skipping (cutting out) on some channels. Who do we talk to so we can see if this can be fixed?
We can send a recording to help you fix it.

We love the Freesat receivers and have ordered more. We have ordered V8 Golden and V8 Super receivers too.
They are not here yet for us to test. We hope they are great too.

Thank you,

John
Hi John

I also had this problem.
What I did was make a second sat on the sat list for each sat that moves.
One sat has the move instruction and the other does not.
I then change the name of a channel on the move sat to "Move to 23E" or the like and put this on the top of the list in the fav list.
All you need do then is NOT leave that channel selected on that Fav list.
When you want to move the dish click on it to move the dish at your bidding.

I also setup for a client with the Fav list including the Sat number, and the channels also started with the sat number so they could see what would move the dish. This was needed as the to best sats were Asiasat 7 and Intelsat 19, 105.5e all the way over to 166e.

What would be useful from the programmers is an on screen message "Move dish to xx, Yes No"

I brought my dish movers back inside to manual control as interference from the electric fence sometime corrupted the 22kHz tone message and reset all the preset positions.
Also the Pulse short move instruction from the V7 V8 jumps 5 counts, which is to much. The Skybox only moves 1 count.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Yankee495

Post by Yankee495 »

Hello Owen,

That will not work for us. We have too many sats and only 64 position storage in our movers. Each dual band sat is two positions, one for C and one for Ku band. It would just be best if when you brought up favorites it didn't move until you pressed OK on a channel. I made that bold that for the Admin! Here in the US our channels are scattered all across the arc and it's a real pain for the dish to take off the wrong way all of the time.

Also, I converted my Von Weise actuator with an optical sensor to a magnet and reed switch set up and now it'll count by one. Before it would jump 2 or 3 even when you hit the front button as fast as you could. Now it'll bump along at a one count very easily. I used 6 magnets for 6 counts per revolution, the optical wheel had 6 slots.

I thought about 8 but some of the guys used 10 and up to 16 magnets and said they didn't see any benefit, it didn't help them more finely aim the dish. It's very easy to do. I used six 3/16" dia. x 1/32" thick N52 magnets. N52 is the strongest, they have N42 (weaker) etc. I'm pretty sure I used the 1/32 thick ones. I ordered several to experiment with and these work great. No count loss and can move by the dish by a one count consistently.

I used a Seasoning Salt lid to make the disc (magnet wheel) and glued the magnets on it. I bent the leads of a glass reed switch to go directly under the screws and bent it up toward the magnet wheel. It doesn't ave to be exactly under it, it still triggers it just fine. My Gbox never worked better. Very, very happy.

https://www.kjmagnetics.com/proddetail. ... d=D301-N52

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Hi Yankee495

I see that Freesat have changed the software to dish move one steep at a time in the last update.
I haven't checked it yet myself.
I'm getting close to having a fixed dish for every sat I can see. Will miss a couple as the content on some is worthless.
Yes 64 sats is a limit that even I have hit with two C band movers, Usarls mover for Ku and test dishes.
I did have one unit that went above 64 sats. I forget which one of the Freesats STB's it was.

I still would like the message ------ "Move dish? Yes No" ----- option added to the software.
Blue for Admin attention

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Rambo

Post by Rambo »

some friends liked the channel can be played once he move the high light.
How about adding one option in menu?
1)default : change channel at once when change the high light in channel list
2)Need press OK to play the channel when change the high light in channel list
Day Day Up!

Rambo

Post by Rambo »

Feralkiwi wrote:Hi Yankee495

I see that Freesat have changed the software to dish move one steep at a time in the last update.
I haven't checked it yet myself.
I'm getting close to having a fixed dish for every sat I can see. Will miss a couple as the content on some is worthless.
Yes 64 sats is a limit that even I have hit with two C band movers, Usarls mover for Ku and test dishes.
I did have one unit that went above 64 sats. I forget which one of the Freesats STB's it was.

I still would like the message ------ "Move dish? Yes No" ----- option added to the software.
Blue for Admin attention

Owen

we change the moto step to smaller in lat firmware.but V7 HD don't have more space to install many satelliate.
do you want to add move dish ask information when change channel? I fell it not a good idear. :roll:
Day Day Up!

Sun1

Post by Sun1 »

Freesat are very good receiver but not as good as dreambox 800se when it comes on dish motor tuning. It does not stop when you find the signal when I scan the arch belt for new satellite or transponders. Hope you can also add lat & lon position for better usals.. .and should separate the botton for step and continous move. .
My horizon start from 64east to 177 west and my 120 deg is asiasat6 new satellite.
Dreambox: DM800se(genuine A8P), DM500HD,DM800, Dreamlink900HD, Freesat V7HD, V7max, V7combo, V8combo, V8super, TBS-usb-tuner.
9ft. orbitron mesh dish. 1.8m fiber prodelin offset. 6ft. DIY mesh dish on H-H diseqc motor beaming 64 east to 177 west.

Yankee495

Post by Yankee495 »

Rambo wrote:some friends liked the channel can be played once he move the high light.
How about adding one option in menu?
1)default : change channel at once when change the high light in channel list
2)Need press OK to play the channel when change the high light in channel list
Yes, that will work. But we are talking about when changing to Favorites "Movies" the dish starts moving to the last channel watched. It would be nice to wait until we hit OK after selecting channel.

Thank you very much.

John

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Rambo wrote:
Feralkiwi wrote: I still would like the message ------ "Move dish? Yes No" ----- option added to the software.
Blue for Admin attention

Owen

we change the moto step to smaller in lat firmware.but V7 HD don't have more space to install many satelliate.
do you want to add move dish ask information when change channel? I fell it not a good idear. :roll:
we change the moto step to smaller in lat firmware; --- Thanks for this, It had been a problem.
but V7 HD don't have more space to install many satellite.; --- Not an issue for me. OK for now.
do you want to add move dish ask information when change channel? I fell it not a good idea. :roll:
--- An ask information when change channel would be useful. It would need to be an option to turn on the question or leave as auto dish move like now so that the user has the option, ask or auto.

Thanks Owen

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Rambo wrote:
Feralkiwi wrote: I still would like the message ------ "Move dish? Yes No" ----- option added to the software.
Blue for Admin attention

Owen

we change the moto step to smaller in lat firmware;---- Thanks for that. It had been a problem.
but V7 HD don't have more space to install many satelliate.;----- Not a problem for me. Ok.
do you want to add move dish ask information when change channel? I fell it not a good idea.;
----- An ask information when change channel would be useful. It would need to be an option to turn on or leave dish move as "Auto" as it is now.

kokko

Post by kokko »

Hi!If the network breaks helps only restart the receiver. Please fix bug.,the network itself must earn!!!!!Wi-Fi itself is not restored.This is a big minus receiver.

kokko

Post by kokko »

Hi!If the network breaks helps only restart the receiver. Please fix bug.,the network itself must earn!!!!!Wi-Fi itself is not restored.This is a big minus receiver.
:D Wifi disappears helps only restart. Everyone is silent and rejoice :D Help!!! ;)

Return to “GTMEDIA V7 SERIES”