IR sensor extender for V7S?

V7 TT Pro / V7S HD /V7 Plus/V7 S2X /V7PRO/ V7 TT

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

telcotechman

IR sensor extender for V7S?

Post by telcotechman »

I ordered this one https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3-5mm-I ... 0.0.ad2jbl and it's not working.

Which one is good does anybody know?

Elektor

Re: IR sensor extender for V7S?

Post by Elektor »

I think you will need a 38KHz IR receiver. I have just bought one from ebay. Search "38Khz-Infrared-IR-Blaster-Remote-Control-Receiver-Extender-Extension-Cable-3-5mm" in ebay

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Elektor wrote:I think you will need a 38KHz IR receiver. I have just bought one from ebay. Search "38Khz-Infrared-IR-Blaster-Remote-Control-Receiver-Extender-Extension-Cable-3-5mm" in ebay
I tried the sensor that I had here and it did not work, probably a slow one.

Elektor please report back on how the one you ordered works, as I need this function for my set up.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

OK every one I got an IR sensor to work.

This was not easy!!

I see from the instruction on RS232 for the V7s that the IR connection has THREE connections and Ground.
This is the same connector on the V7s mother board as the AV connector.
V7sInside2.JPG
V7sInside2.JPG (66.66 KiB) Viewed 3342 times
I then plugged in a long prong AV cable, the 17mm one as described here.
Note some of the pin outs listed on that page are not correct. They are pin outs for Apple stuff.

Here is the correct pin out.
AV Cable Pinsouts2.JPG
AV Cable Pinsouts2.JPG (29.31 KiB) Viewed 3342 times
I found that the voltage from the "TIP" (pin 4, White plug) was only 3.27V and this dropped to 1.7V when the IR sensor was connected.
I found that if I connected the sensor power to ring one (listed as "3" on the diagram) this disabled the remote control through the V7s front panel.

This diagran is the pin outs for the IR Sensor.
3.5mmIRsensor.JPG
3.5mmIRsensor.JPG (16.01 KiB) Viewed 3342 times
I got this working by using an old PC mouse and cutting the mouse off the cable and used the red and Black wires (Ground and +5v).
I connected the Red +5v wire to the IR sensor cable "Tip" (1 in the sensor diagram).
Ground is connect to the outside of the LNB cable.
I connected the "Ring" on the sensor cable to the second ring on the AV cable (2 in the diagram, Yellow plug).

This then works.
IR setup.JPG
IR setup.JPG (67.42 KiB) Viewed 3342 times
I then tried connecting the IR sensor cable direct with the power supplied from the USB port.
I cut into the IR sensor cable and cut the "Tip" +5v wire and connected the +5v wire from the USB port to it. Red wire to red wire in my cables. Make sure you connect to the wire going away from the V7s, toward the sensor end of the cable.
Do not connect 5V to the V7s end.

This worked with the sensor cable 3.5mm plug fully pushed into the V7s IR port.
The Front panel remote sensor also kept working.
IRCable3.JPG
IRCable3.JPG (60.85 KiB) Viewed 3340 times

Engineers please note: The power supply for the IR sensor cable is too low, 3.27 volts, not 5v.
Also the V7s has a 4 wire connection for the IR cable, not 3 wire like normal.
Please advise what IR sensor we are to use with the V7s?

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

DAVID25TGN

Post by DAVID25TGN »

Ahora entiendo porque no me iba el IR que tenia en el Engel mini 4800

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

xuromi wrote:Y a mi por qué no me funcionaba uno que debiera servir. Y a otros compañeros por qué no les funcionaba tampoco.
No hay algún ir que realmente sirva? O hay que realizar la modificación siempre?
I think it is an error that the 3.25 volt supply has been connected, instead of the 5v.
That they used a 4 wire connector instead of a 3 wire may also be an error.
They may have designed this for something else.
Freesat have not posted what to use with this connection.
We will know if the newer hardware comes out with this changed, like the V8 Finder had the 13 / 18 LNB power supply changed to stop its switching frequency being 22kHz, the same as the 22kHz tone control for DiSEqC etc.

If you have a need to use the remote IR, then a modification is the only way at present.

Owen

Return to “GTMEDIA V7 SERIES”