My Dish Farm

V7 TT Pro / V7S HD /V7 Plus/V7 S2X /V7PRO/ V7 TT

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

skideric

My Dish Farm

Post by skideric »

Just thought i would post pics of Dish Farm, aka Home!
Needless to say i live in the woods...lol !
Attachments
This lone 7.5 Mesh is on back part of property.Currently on Intelsat 34
This lone 7.5 Mesh is on back part of property.Currently on Intelsat 34
0825181010.jpg (7.87 MiB) Viewed 7661 times
Notice the 11ft + Radyx in back,yup,that's my BABY..LOL !
Notice the 11ft + Radyx in back,yup,that's my BABY..LOL !
0825181009a.jpg (7.13 MiB) Viewed 7661 times
0825181009.jpg
0825181009.jpg (9.56 MiB) Viewed 7661 times
0825181008.jpg
0825181008.jpg (8.88 MiB) Viewed 7661 times

maxblue

Re: My Dish Farm

Post by maxblue »

Wow you have a farm bigger than mine.
the big antenna in front looks beautiful.
What size it has ?
It looks like 4 pieces.
Is it easy to assemble?

wonderful.wonderful.wonderful.!
La mente es como un paracaídas, no sirve si no se abre...

quark

Post by quark »

Nice!
You've been at this for a while.
Looks like you have an empty post ready for your next find.
:)

skideric

Post by skideric »

maxblue wrote:Image

Wow you have a farm bigger than mine.
the big antenna in front looks beautiful.
What size it has ?
It looks like 4 pieces.
Is it easy to assemble?

wonderful.wonderful.wonderful.!
Yup,that's a 4 piece,Heavy Ass Fiberglass 10.5 footer in front there.
Actually got my ex,kids mom,to help with mounting second half of that one...lol !

skideric

Post by skideric »

quark wrote:Nice!
You've been at this for a while.
Looks like you have an empty post ready for your next find.
:)
That is actually hust a pvc pipe left there by my long since passed Uncle.
But ido have 3 pipes & three 7.5 ft dishes left i can put up. Also got another 11 footer in barn,needs tons algea,moss scrapped off,but need another 4.5 " pole to mount it on.....

crunk2

Post by crunk2 »

now that's alot of antennas man I'm jealous

snv78

Post by snv78 »

A I have a multi-storey building, so many dishes can not be put. I have a 1.1 meter dish and 5 LNB are placed on it. 0.8W, 5E, 9E, 13E and 19.2E.
Attachments
IMG_0705.JPG
IMG_0705.JPG (1.88 MiB) Viewed 7468 times

skideric

Post by skideric »

snv78 wrote:A I have a multi-storey building, so many dishes can not be put. I have a 1.1 meter dish and 5 LNB are placed on it. 0.8W, 5E, 9E, 13E and 19.2E.
NICE!
i had that same dish with C-Band Mod loaded with 4 Ku LNBF'S a while back!
Worked well!

PlutoPlanet474

Post by PlutoPlanet474 »

Wow! Nice setups. I wish I could have that many dishes, but my yard is far too small.

mustardtiger

Post by mustardtiger »

Most impressive

cpr43
网站管理员

Post by cpr43 »

Great!!! Excellent collection!!

IntelPenny4

Post by IntelPenny4 »

my back yard will look like that soon lol

Munyaga

Post by Munyaga »

skideric wrote:Just thought i would post pics of Dish Farm, aka Home!
Needless to say i live in the woods...lol !
Wow! What a beautiful garden. You make me jealous. If only I had a yard of my own I would have lots of them dishes, only that I live in a rented apartment but I currently have a six footer plus two 90cm.

Munyaga

Post by Munyaga »

snv78 wrote:A I have a multi-storey building, so many dishes can not be put. I have a 1.1 meter dish and 5 LNB are placed on it. 0.8W, 5E, 9E, 13E and 19.2E.
Are you at one of the polar regions?

bajackson1

Post by bajackson1 »

How do you have that many dish's hooked up so you can view from your sets? Im sure that is the real challenge of using the farm.

Munyaga

Post by Munyaga »

bajackson1 wrote:How do you have that many dish's hooked up so you can view from your sets? Im sure that is the real challenge of using the farm.
It's simple, by using DiSEqC switches.

bajackson1

Post by bajackson1 »

Could you recommend some DiSEqC switches that will work with C-Band. I have not had any good luck in that area.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Standard 4 port DiSEqC 1.0 switches are very common and all much the same.
These are used if you have 4 or 5 dishes / LNB's as you can switch using 22kHz after the DiSEqC switch (Not before it).

For big dish farms like mine and skideric's you use a "Uncommitted" DiSEqC 1.1 switch, 8 port, first and the DiSEqC 1.0 four port switches after that.
The uncommitted switch locks the port sent to it and allows the command for the 1.0 switch to pass through it to the second 1.0 switch.

The only problems I have had with switching is when you have more than one receiver powered on in the switch network. Some cheaper switches allow the 22kHz tone commands to pass backwards through one switch and change another switch setting else where in the network. Not a problem if you only have one sat receiver.

22kHz switches are two port only and one port is "ON" and the other "OFF".
You can not use these before a DiSEqC switch as the commands for DiSEqC switching is done by pulsing the 22kHz tone in digital form and this would change the 22kHz switch.

There are also powered multi switches, that cost a lot, that have switching built in, amplifiers to increase the signal and multiple ports to connect many receivers.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Munyaga

Post by Munyaga »

Feralkiwi wrote:Standard 4 port DiSEqC 1.0 switches are very common and all much the same.
These are used if you have 4 or 5 dishes / LNB's as you can switch using 22kHz after the DiSEqC switch (Not before it).

For big dish farms like mine and skideric's you use a "Uncommitted" DiSEqC 1.1 switch, 8 port, first and the DiSEqC 1.0 four port switches after that.
The uncommitted switch locks the port sent to it and allows the command for the 1.0 switch to pass through it to the second 1.0 switch.

The only problems I have had with switching is when you have more than one receiver powered on in the switch network. Some cheaper switches allow the 22kHz tone commands to pass backwards through one switch and change another switch setting else where in the network. Not a problem if you only have one sat receiver.

22kHz switches are two port only and one port is "ON" and the other "OFF".
You can not use these before a DiSEqC switch as the commands for DiSEqC switching is done by pulsing the 22kHz tone in digital form and this would change the 22kHz switch.

There are also powered multi switches, that cost a lot, that have switching built in, amplifiers to increase the signal and multiple ports to connect many receivers.

Owen
Sure, and with a combination of first an 8 port then one can connect 8 4 port switches one per port thus managing to connect a total of 32 LNBs to a single decoder or more.

bajackson1

Post by bajackson1 »

Wow that is fantastic and just what I have been looking for, I only have 4 dish's but 3 are c-band "the 12 footer is movable the 8 and 4 footers are stationary" and then one Ku for my wife's channels from Morocco. When the weather warms up I will give it a try. I have looked at using Uncommitted" DiSEqC 1.1 switch's in the past but the problem I had was the Freq range of 950 - 2300 MHz, while that worked great for the Ku side does it not limit the C-Band? Thanks again.

conway

Post by conway »

wow that farm looks great!! I just have a Tek2000 10 footer..it has a little slop when moving. what's the best way to get rid of the slop? it's not much just enough to make me move it manually than using the auto move
Last edited by conway on Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

conway

Post by conway »

Do the ziplock bags actually extend the life of the dish movers? neat idea! Never thought about it!

Munyaga

Post by Munyaga »

bajackson1 wrote:Wow that is fantastic and just what I have been looking for, I only have 4 dish's but 3 are c-band "the 12 footer is movable the 8 and 4 footers are stationary" and then one Ku for my wife's channels from Morocco. When the weather warms up I will give it a try. I have looked at using Uncommitted" DiSEqC 1.1 switch's in the past but the problem I had was the Freq range of 950 - 2300 MHz, while that worked great for the Ku side does it not limit the C-Band? Thanks again.
I makes use of a similar switch and it works on C band.

Munyaga

Post by Munyaga »

This is only possible to the guys near the poles.

It's a nice one.

r.glidewell70

Post by r.glidewell70 »

Very nice farm!!! I currently have 2 medium sized dishes, and hoping to acquire a C-Band dish here really soon!!! :lol: :lol:

Return to “GTMEDIA V7 SERIES”