Tivusat not working on V8 Turbo

V8 NOVA / V8 HONOR / V8 PRO2/V8 UHD / V8X

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

alexdupre

Tivusat not working on V8 Turbo

Post by alexdupre »

Hello, I've just bought a V8 Turbo, hoping to replace my old HUMAX device for watching Tivusat channels.

Unfortunately, even after upgrading the firmware to the latest version, when I select the "Italy LCN Scan" option it doesn't find any channel.

A blind scan on Hotbird finds hundreds of channels, but none in the Tivusat list. I have the old/original Tivusat card, the white/blue one, Nagra 183D.

Same SAT cable and same smartcard works perfectly in my HUMAX device.

Any help to fix the issue? Otherwise I'll be force to return the device :-(

STRETCH

Re: Tivusat not working on V8 Turbo

Post by STRETCH »

You may have to carry out a manual scan, check that you have the correct settings for your lnb. which should be (Universal 9750 - 10600).
Also check that you have the correct transponder details ie, 11432v 29900 / 11013h 29900.
For more information, use the search box, top right, put in (Tivusat).

Den

alexdupre

Post by alexdupre »

The LNB settings are correct. The transponder should be correct, too, given that it works with my other device. I don't see any way to do a manual scan, I see just blind and auto scan options.

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

The information is as follows.
Menu / Installation / go to DVB-S / Press OK / Then scroll to 13e on the list, at this point / Press Recall on the remote, a list of transponders will come up, again scroll to the transponder required, then press the Blue button on the remote, then action what is required in the next window.
If the transponder is not in the list , action the info after pressing the Red button on the remote.

Hope this helps

Den

alexdupre

Post by alexdupre »

Thanks. That somewhat helped. A few tivusat transponders were there, but a few were missing. After I added the first ones it started to find the channels, and I was quite happy, but after I powered off and on the device it wasn't able to find any channel anymore :-( "No signal" on all previously found channels, and "No channels found" again during the scan, even if the transponders are still there. Nothing helped since then (I tried to reset to factory, re-insert the card and the cable multiple times, remove and readd the transponders). I guess I've a defective unit at this point.

evarese

Post by evarese »

It sounds strange that your receiver is working 'only' on few frequencies... And the signal from tivùsat TPs is quite strong anyway. Where do you live, whst's your dish size? Individual antenna system?
An other thing: for tuning tivùsat TPs, the card isn't necessary, it works 'only' for viewing the channels.
GTCombo - V8 UHD - V8 Finder - V8 Finder2 - 90 cm motorized dish

Cluster.One

Post by Cluster.One »

alexdupre wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 1:42 pm
and I was quite happy, but after I powered off and on the device it wasn't able to find any channel anymore :-( "No signal" on all previously found channels, and "No channels found" again during the scan, even if the transponders are still there. Nothing helped since then (I tried to reset to factory, re-insert the card and the cable multiple times, remove and readd the transponders). I guess I've a defective unit at this point.
Check that the plug of the antenna cable (dish) is making good contact.

Controlla che lo spinotto del cavo antenna (parabola) faccia un buon contatto.

alexdupre

Post by alexdupre »

It sounds strange that the receiver is not getting only some frequences, but that's exactly what it seems.

I don't know the dish size, it's a condo system in a country very close to Italy.

I've looked again at the plug and it seems perfect as far as I can see. When I enter it on the Humax 5400S it finds all channels.

What I noticed, and doesn't seem good, is that I get 93% power signal and 0% quality signal, for all tivusat transponders, as you can see from the attached photos.
Attachments
20210802_182448.jpg
20210802_182448.jpg (3.22 MiB) Viewed 1043 times
20210802_182514.jpg
20210802_182514.jpg (3.17 MiB) Viewed 1043 times

alexdupre

Post by alexdupre »

I cannot find a way to show the signal strength on the Humax, but the result is this.
Attachments
20210802_203909.jpg
20210802_203909.jpg (1.24 MiB) Viewed 1037 times

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

With the same model i have just scanned the said transponder have found channels with S93% / Q72%, here in the West Midlands UK.
Have checked other (Tivusat) transponders and get good readings.

Den

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

Is there any way that you can check your dish with the receiver, while seeing the TV screen, it may be the sensitivity of your other receiver is better than the V8 Turbo.

Den

Tom.w
网站管理员

Post by Tom.w »

hello
if you select the satellite,then do blind scan, how many channels can you get?
and how about the lnb setting of the another working device?

alexdupre

Post by alexdupre »

I've finally solved the issue, thank you for your support!

The reason I wasn't receiving correctly the channels was that I hadn't set the DiSEqC 1.0 "Port 2" on the hotbird satellite. Now I have 66% signal quality and I get the same channels as the Humax.

There is still a minor issue, though, that was present also on the Humax, but you might be able to provide me with an explanation: I cannot get any channel on the new Mediaset HD transponder (11432 V 29900, 0% signal quality), so I see only Canale 5 and Italia 1 in SD (since Rete 4 fully switched to the new transponder). What might be the reason?

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

I have just scanned the said transponder with the same receiver and have found 15 channels with readings of S92% Q72% here in the UK with a 100cm size dish, may have to check the skew of the lnb,/ the dish may just be out a little of alignment, also do a check of the transponders with the lead from the lnb direct to the receiver and see what you get, some times with having a switch within the system you loss some signal.
Glad to hear you have got most of your channels.

Den

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”