V8 UHD 4K New setup-After firmware update softcam keys are empty

V8 NOVA / V8 HONOR / V8 PRO2/V8 UHD / V8X

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

Satfeedall

V8 UHD 4K New setup-After firmware update softcam keys are empty

Post by Satfeedall »

I've just completed setting up my V8 UHD and needed to upgrade to the latest firmware v238 to sort out a problem with Multistream channels. I couldn't find the option to export softcam keys (i wasn't aware of the hidden code on the remote to activate it) so I assumed this option was not available on the factory supplied V8 UHD I just purchased. I've now accessed the softcam keys option on the CA System section of the menu but unfortunately all the keys are blank. Is there any way I can restore these now.

STRETCH

Re: V8 UHD 4K New setup-After firmware update softcam keys are empty

Post by STRETCH »

When you purchase the receiver, from new, there are NO keys in the softcam, unless you have put some in yourself, the last update for the receiver was 20 Dec 2021 V235. before you carry out any update, you must always carry out a dump to USB, of your channel list and softcam, in case you mess up.
All keys for the powervu channels are built within the software, these will auto-roll when the keys change, Biss wise the receiver will find the keys for you, as long as you are connected to the internet.

Den

Satfeedall

Post by Satfeedall »

Ok. I've tuned a number of PowerVU channels but they are still showing as encrypted. I am connected to the internet. Am I missing a step here.

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

What satellite are you on for the powervu channels, you do not need to connected to the internet for the powervu channels, go to the channel that you wish to decode, leave for a while, the channel should decode, depending on what satellite / channel some have gone (powervu +) as yet no hack.

Den

Satfeedall

Post by Satfeedall »

Ok. Under MG Biss option three keys have appeared. Obviously they appeared when I tried accessing MG Biss encrypted channels. As a test I tried exporting the keys to 8gb USB pen drive. Export was successful. Now I tried to import the same file but the import failed,It exported to the root folder of the USB drive, the USB capacity is 4gb and I didn't do anything to the file I exported. Anybody have any ideas what might be happening here

Satfeedall

Post by Satfeedall »

On Turksat 42e TP 12188 V it's showing Irdeto Videoguard. Is anyone able to clear this TP

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

Did you rename the said file, all that you need to put is (softcam).
The keys found would be for Biss channels.
What powervu channels are you wishing to decode.

Den

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

42e 12188 Videoguard/irdeto are not supported via the softcam.

Den

Satfeedall

Post by Satfeedall »

Does the firmware/software actually clear any of the $ channels. Other than a few useless Biss channels on 10e (horse racing/gambling) nothing $ is clearing. I’ve tried at least six different satellites with various $ channels and none are clearing. Do I need to go in search of keys.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Let us know what channels and what satellite.
Most Discovery channels are PowerVu+
MTN is pv+
Sony pv+

The softcam.key exports as "export_softcam.key"
As STRETCH said rename it just "softcam.key" so it can reload.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Satfeedall

Post by Satfeedall »

I managed to resolve the key import issue.Renamed the file to softcam.key as advised.I've successfully imported a number of different recent keys from sources but still nothing clearing.

Is anyone actually using this feature that could step me through the process because from my experience so far this is not working.Is there anything else I need to activate in the hidden menu.Effectively I have a FTA satellite receiver as it is now.

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

Can you give a list of transponders of the channels that you wise to decode and from what satellites.

Den

Satfeedall

Post by Satfeedall »

Could you suggest a satellite from 50e to 50w I could try as I use a motorised dish. So far I’ve had no success.

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

@Satfeedall
pm sent

Den

Satfeedall

Post by Satfeedall »

Got it and replied . Thanks.

Satfeedall

Post by Satfeedall »

Thanks @STRETCH Problem sorted now.

Macalister

Post by Macalister »

STRETCH wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 4:36 pm
When you purchase the receiver, from new, there are NO keys in the softcam, unless you have put some in yourself, the last update for the receiver was 20 Dec 2021 V235. before you carry out any update, you must always carry out a dump to USB, of your channel list and softcam, in case you mess up.
All keys for the powervu channels are built within the software, these will auto-roll when the keys change, Biss wise the receiver will find the keys for you, as long as you are connected to the internet.

Den
Hello STRETCH, how could I extract the ccc*am lines from a V8 Nova to put them back after updating the firmware? , I need to know to be able to help an elderly person through WhatsApp, who wants to update his receiver that works with ccc * am and we would not like him to lose them when updating.

A friend has tried with another v8 nova receiver to export the softcam.key file, but when importing it the lines do not appear, as we thought they would be loaded to the receiver when putting the copy of softcam.key back.

Do you know the solution?

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

When you carry out the (export) of the softcam, have you checked for the said information in word pad on your computer, if that is correct, or if you need to amend any keys, after that, rename the file to just (softcam) then you can put this into the receiver.

Den

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”