vlc black screen/freezing

V8 NOVA / V8 HONOR / V8 PRO2/V8 UHD / V8X

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

seefoo

vlc black screen/freezing

Post by seefoo »

I'm sure it the wrong forum but Ive tried a couple others. I know that the wizards that visit this site will know the answer. Gtshare works but the video on vlc gives black screen or stutter or freezing. Ive tried the disable hardare acceleration, raising the buffer number, checked all the other "normal" settings and still have the problem. Yes, uninstalled and installed both wingtshare and vlc. Using latest version of both. So, if anyone has any suggestions to try, I'm up for it. It started a couple weeks ago. Before that, it was fine. I had another hard drive that I cloned a couple months ago that worked fine back then. fired it up and had the same problem. Don't be bashful. I know you guys have some hints.

dave

seefoo

Re: vlc black screen/freezing

Post by seefoo »

I need to add that vlc plays videos (.ts) stored on my pc ok. One problem I can't solve is that there is no renderer options in playback and scanning is forever running for renderer. I've been to the vlc forum also. No answers.

CAJE
网站管理员

Post by CAJE »

I use Kmplayer that everything works as long as it is a video

seefoo

Post by seefoo »

CAJE,

Does KMplayer work with wingtshare?

CAJE
网站管理员

Post by CAJE »

You do not need WinGtshare, the program manages it through the m3u list

seefoo

Post by seefoo »

CAJE,,

Well, you lost me. I don't know what a m3u list is or how to create one. What I do know is that v8und plays a feed that may be a 4:2:2 or encrypted or both. Gtshare can retrieve it from V8und and send it to my PC for processing. That is the extent of my technical abilities.

dave

CAJE
网站管理员

Post by CAJE »

If you have made a recording in TS you can play it on any device if you do not change the channel, it is easier than exporting an m3u list and running it on the PC to record it

seefoo

Post by seefoo »

CAJE

I don't want to record a feed, I want to watch the feed on my PC after I get it on the v8uhd. That receiver has to decrypt if needed, then when you use gtshare to send it to the pc where it gets decoded from the 4:2:2 video. The v8uhd does not handle 4:2:2 video. Only the PC can do that.

CAJE
网站管理员

Post by CAJE »

Make an export of the m3u list and load it in the VLC
Attachments
m3u export
m3u export
IMG_20220527_180508_585.jpg (53.61 KiB) Viewed 1221 times

seefoo

Post by seefoo »

CAJE,,

I found the data export screen. Now, how do I make an m3u file and how do I store it in a play list? After I learn how to do that, how is it exported to my PC? For instance: I'm watching SES3 NBC west feed. How do I get from that to my PC and watch it?

Obviously my ignorance knows no bounds. But, I can learn.

dave

CAJE
网站管理员

Post by CAJE »

It is created only when you put a USB device that you will later insert to the PV

seefoo

Post by seefoo »

Ah.... ok, now I understand. You have to make a recording. I'm trying to watch a live feed not a recording. I think my only option is to keep trying to fix VLC. I appreciated your patience.

Marantz

Post by Marantz »

export the m3u list to a usb stick from the receiver ,i have a v8x .
then open up the m3u list with vlc on your computer /laptop .
it should play it live ,even change satellites and run your actuator motor if you have one ,make sure your gt media stb receiver is hard wired to the router with a network cable ,the computer /laptop /geiko box will work on wireless routing

also set the gt media receiver up in networking manually for fixed ip and not dhcp ...ex 192 .168.0.101 or 192 .168.1.101 depending on your router

look at earlier GT Media Share set ups and you will get it working

i posted a few simple things to try that were not obvious to me as i was learning how to use it ...it works ,don't give up

seefoo

Post by seefoo »

Marantz,

How does vlc know how to get the feed from the 8uhd?.. All it knows it to play the file on the flash drive. Do you have to put any ip numbers in vlc? Or just tell vlc where to find the flash drive and file. If vlc is playing a recording, how it that live? one more question..... how long do you have to record the feed before inserting the the flash drive into the PC for vlc to play?

CAJE
网站管理员

Post by CAJE »

When the list has been exported, you can put it in VLC, which will work and the delay is approximately one second.

seefoo

Post by seefoo »

Happy Saturday.... I need to go a little more basic. At the data export screen, I see play list on the right with upgrade file under that. But, I have not put anything into the playlist. So, how does one create a play list to export? I searched for 'creating playlist" but found no help.

CAJE
网站管理员

Post by CAJE »

You don't have to see it, you have to create it if you have a list made, just press start

seefoo

Post by seefoo »

CAJE,

Therin lies the problem. I don't know to create a playlist. When I search "create playlist", one of the answers is: https://www.dropbox.com/s/x0i5yy2vgbplh ... t.pdf?dl=0
In there it talks about a dropbox with a ton of ip data. I would like to know how to create a playlist. dick and jane. I can't export something that I don't know how to create. I can only apologize

dave

yesesta

Post by yesesta »

@seefoo.... export the "playlist" from the V8UHD, you can open it and check whats inside using a text editor. You will see that is has a list of all the channels in your box, when you open VLC point it to the playlist file and it will start on #1. Go down the list until you find the channel you want to watch on VLC. When you change channel on VLC it will automatically change the channel on the V8UHD. Open the list in your text editor and it will become clearer.

Marantz

Post by Marantz »

the play list is not video files , its the channel list / info in the gt receiver ,after you have exported the m3u list out of the gt receiver ,move the usb key to the computer , open it with vlc ,then VLC sees the channel list and will connect to the receiver and after you select the channel , the gt receiver will stream that channel out to the computer running vlc .keep at it ..it works pretty well . if the receiver is getting poor signal and quality from a weak satellite it gets choppy but on a good strong satellite it works ok

seefoo

Post by seefoo »

Marantz:Yesesta,,

I exported and the receiver indicated successful.... Moved the flash drive to the PC. Started VLC, Selected 'open file", pointed to flash drive, alidvrs2, subset V8UHD_playlist. That's it. No list shown to pick from. But, I must be getting close. I'm this far..but not quite to the finish line.

dave

Added.... OK. got it. I went to "view" and the list showed up. Went back to open file and the list showed up. i double clicked on the feed I wanted and it almost plays. the video and audio are not in sync. The video freezes occasionally. Same problem I had with gtshare and vlc. It's obviously a vlc problem that I've tried to solve for week. I need to try another player. maybe it will work. thanks for sticking with me. Stuff learned.

dave

yesesta

Post by yesesta »

seefoo wrote:
Sat May 28, 2022 9:28 pm

Added.... OK. got it. I went to "view" and the list showed up. Went back to open file and the list showed up. i double clicked on the feed I wanted and it almost plays. the video and audio are not in sync. The video freezes occasionally. Same problem I had with gtshare and vlc. It's obviously a vlc problem that I've tried to solve for week. I need to try another player. maybe it will work. thanks for sticking with me. Stuff learned.

dave
Good, does it have the problem on all channels or just the 4.2.2 channel you are trying to watch ?? also how are you connecting the V8UHD to your network, it really needs a wired connection, not wifi.

seefoo

Post by seefoo »

Yesesta, Marantz, CAJE

I accidentally figured it out. I went to view (vlc) and there were the feeds. Then went back to open file and the feed played. I also accidentally solved the vlc freezing problem. I set the video output to other than auto and it helped. What really help was deleting the MPC HC program. Somehow it was interfering with vlc. After uninstalling and restarting the pc, all appears to be well.

Big, giant thanks to you guys for talking me through the process. I made an assumption that playlist meant a list of videos. I know better now.

dave

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”