GTMEDIA V8 Nova PVR Issue and a suggestion regarding subtitles

V8 NOVA / V8 HONOR / V8 PRO2/V8 UHD / V8X

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

amudhan_s

GTMEDIA V8 Nova PVR Issue and a suggestion regarding subtitles

Post by amudhan_s »

The update released in march have a issue with playing PVR. Before that recorded files were playing fine.
now with that new update I can't able to play recorded programs.

Subtitles colour is in black with white outline. If there's any way of changing the subtitles colour to white with black outline would be nice.

Hope GTMEDIA team will fix this in future update.

Captain Ron

Re: GTMEDIA V8 Nova PVR Issue and a suggestion regarding subtitles

Post by Captain Ron »

You might be able to play PVR's directly off USB flash drive onto your TV. If your TV has a USB input many of todays TV's play one or more of these video formats through their USB's. - AVI, MOV, MP4, MPG/MPEG, MKV and WMV --- If your TV has a USB then look at your TV's owners manual to see which of these formats it will play.

Another way to do it for a TV without a USB, I have a PC plugged into my living room TV by HDMI and I always have played my PVR's off USB flash drive by using VLC media player (Google for free download for pc)

IMO for my TV this is far better quality video and audio than playing PVR's off my V8 Nova. (I use version 3.0.11. VLC media player)

Good Luck ! :D

amudhan_s

Post by amudhan_s »

Well,
I don't have a television which plays PVR's.
And I know how to play tv recordings on laptop. but playing PVR's on laptop means, Interlacing.
I had to encode in order to remove video interlacing which is waste of time. since, gtmedia is able to record and play tv recordings before, may be their update could fix the issue. That's why i posted a thread here. If anyone has previous software update. That'd be helpful. I lost it.
Hope GTMEDIA team will fix the issue and consider my suggestion as well.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

amudhan_s wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:18 am
Well,
I don't have a television which plays PVR's.
And I know how to play tv recordings on laptop. but playing PVR's on laptop means, Interlacing.
I had to encode in order to remove video interlacing which is waste of time. since, gtmedia is able to record and play tv recordings before, may be their update could fix the issue. That's why i posted a thread here. If anyone has previous software update. That'd be helpful. I lost it.
Hope GTMEDIA team will fix the issue and consider my suggestion as well.
What GT Media V8 Nova model and what older version do you need?

Here are two from July last for the blue that I posted before.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

amudhan_s

Post by amudhan_s »

I'm using GTMEDIA V8 Nova Orange.
currently having update from 17th march.
Any old update is fine.
thank you.

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”