V8 Honor Standny

V8 NOVA / V8 HONOR / V8 PRO2/V8 UHD / V8X

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

suppen_sau

V8 Honor Standny

Post by suppen_sau »

Hy, my GTmedia V8 Honor is booting and starting up and goes direktly in standby,
What can i do
Thank you

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Re: V8 Honor Standny

Post by Feralkiwi »

There was issues with this with early software.

If you set the power on to standby it did this.

You recover by flash.bin recovery.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

suppen_sau

Post by suppen_sau »

There is no Chance to get in the menue. I put the stick with the Flash.bin in the receiver. Then i power on while i pressing the menue Button. The receiver Boots an get shortly to programm 6 an then directly in standby

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Try with all cables disconnected, only the HDMI or AV.

Check that your remote control is not stuck with the power button on.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

suppen_sau

Post by suppen_sau »

Nothing works. I thought i have to get a connection over the serial connection. how does the cable look like and what is the connection?

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Check that your USB is working as most users report that their USB stick is what stopped them recovering.

There are links and discussion on RS232 cables here.

Good luck

Owen

Here are my notes.:

flash.bin recovery is done like this.

Place a copy of the unpacked software (the .bin file) on a USB stick and rename it "flash.bin"
With the USB in the unit, power on while repeat pressing "Menu" on the remote.
The unit should reload the software.

Also other users say that you must use a USB stick, not a card holder etc and that stick must be 32Gb or under.
Use the rear USB port on units that have two ports.

I have had units that will not recover.
Try using the same software as was in the unit when it crashed, not the new update software.
You must use the correct software, ie that for the V7HD for the V7HD etc, not software for any other freesat units.

Try even older software as the file for flash.bin.

Look at the LED in the USB stick. When the TV shows the message "USB Upgrade, do not turn off" you should see the LED on the USB flash as the file is loaded.
The USB LED should also flash a few times as the unit first powers on and looks at it.
Also users have said to use the rear USB port for this on V8 units.

Good luck

New information: Users are reporting that naming the file "Flash.bin" with a capital has worked where "flash.bin" has not.

suppen_sau

Post by suppen_sau »

Thank you for all support. I tryed to get a connection via rs232 cable the stb answers but it boot and then it say it goes in standby. But first it say the sofware was build on 23October 2019. Has anyone that ? Thank you

suppen_sau

Post by suppen_sau »

I tried all that. No success. Also i trid with Tcom - UPG the messages a shown in the file
Attachments
20210228_161231.jpg
20210228_161231.jpg (3.03 MiB) Viewed 801 times

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Did you check the list of things in my notes on USB forced upgrade?

Have you downloaded a fresh copy of the software in case your one is corrupted?

Try a different USB stick, check you are unpacking and using the correct software (Honor) for your unit etc.

Owen

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”