HDMI ON MY V8 PRO 2 iS NOT WORKING

V8 NOVA / V8 HONOR / V8 PRO2/V8 UHD / V8X

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

Arbourboateng

HDMI ON MY V8 PRO 2 iS NOT WORKING

Post by Arbourboateng »

Hdmi port on my Gt media V8 pro2 is not working anymore and also the other option which is av pin too is not working too any help to solve my problem ... Thank you!

cpr43
网站管理员

Re: HDMI ON MY V8 PRO 2 iS NOT WORKING

Post by cpr43 »

Arbourboateng wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 5:39 pm
Hdmi port on my Gt media V8 pro2 is not working anymore and also the other option which is av pin too is not working too any help to solve my problem ... Thank you!
What it is showing on the box front panel??? Were you in the middle of doing something?? Have you had any ligthing or over current? Have you tried:

Press menu key to main menu.(Panel show "----")
press Green key to switch NTSC/PAL, the panel will show "PAL " or "NTSC"
Press Stop key to switch the video format

Arbourboateng

Post by Arbourboateng »

There was a rainfall at our area and it was lightining too after the rain and I switch on the decoder then I found out that the pictures are not showing both HDMI and PIN are not working anymore...

Arbourboateng

Post by Arbourboateng »

cpr43 wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 8:05 pm
Arbourboateng wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 5:39 pm
What it is showing on the box front panel??? Were you in the middle of doing something?? Have you had any ligthing or over current? Have you tried:

Have try the process but still no picture.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Are you getting any picture from the AV output?

Also as cpr43 asked, are you seeing the front display on the box changing as you press the remote?
If there is not change there the unit may have crashed and needs a flash.bin recovery.

When it powers on you should see "Boot" then load then a channel number.
If you press the menu button the channel number will change to -----.

If none of that is happening then flash.bin recovery.

If all of that is happening then check the AV output, try another HDMI cable, try another HDMI input on your TV and or another TV.
Note the AV output needs a 17mm long 3.5mm plug as per this post.

For future protection add another cable between your TV and the V8 box, like a AV cable or a wire from the LNB outer to the TV areal outer, as that will add extra ground wire from your outside grounded dish via the set top box / HDMI cable to the TV ground. A wire from the LNB outer to ground on your mains plug will work too.

Good luck

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Arbourboateng

Post by Arbourboateng »

Feralkiwi wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 2:17 am
Are you getting any picture from the AV output?

Also as cpr43 asked, are you seeing the front display on the box changing as you press the remote?
If there is not change there the unit may have crashed and needs a flash.bin recovery.

When it powers on you should see "Boot" then load then a channel number.
If you press the menu button the channel number will change to -----.

If none of that is happening then flash.bin recovery.

If all of that is happening then check the AV output, try another HDMI cable, try another HDMI input on your TV and or another TV.
Note the AV output needs a 17mm long 3.5mm plug as per this post.

For future protection add another cable between your TV and the V8 box, like a AV cable or a wire from the LNB outer to the TV areal outer, as that will add extra ground wire from your outside grounded dish via the set top box / HDMI cable to the TV ground. A wire from the LNB outer to ground on your mains plug will work too.

Good luck

Owen
First thanks for your help
1. No , i am not getting any picture from either av or hdmi output and yes am seeing the front displaying and changing when I press the remote.
2. And I have check the av and hdmi output of the decoder on another TV yet it's still not bringing the picture also try the same av and hdmi cable to a diffrent decoder and it working fine . Note have change diffrent hdmi and av on the decoder yet still not seeing any picture.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

With the AV cable, did you use a long one 17mm?

While you have the AV cable connected try using the green button.
Added fast key to switch video output mode or format.
we try to support some old TV or some signal mode TV
PAL mode : the panel will show "576I" -- "576P" -- "720P"(50HZ) --"1080I"(50HZ) --"1080P"(50HZ)
NTSC mode : the panel will show "480I" -- "480P" -- "720P"(60HZ) --"1080I"(60HZ) --"1080P"(60HZ)
I hope you did not get both AV and the HDMI burnt.
Check the 3.5mm plug is long. If it worked on another unit is is fine.
If the green button does not work, try a flash.bin recovery
Note your will loose any user data, softcam, ccam that are in the unit.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Arbourboateng

Post by Arbourboateng »

@Feralkiwi and @ cpr43 thank you for your wonderful support on this issue . I have done all of the directive you gave me and still the pictures did not restored back starting for the changing Pal/NTSC showing in front of the panel by press Manu then stop button again press green button on the decoder changing from 480, 567 ,720 1080 also buying a couple of 17mm pin 3.5mm long av in pin but it's still did not bring the picture the only thing I did not do is the (flashbin recovery )on the decoder. My question is it not a hardware issue and if it is can I give it to a repairer and can it be fix by a repairer since now a days modern decoders doesn't have a seperate unit board like old times decoders and also I want to do a flashbin recovery before and of what I see on the decoder everything is working fine when I connect my phone via WiFi and want to watch the programme on my phone it work perfectly when I want to watch any channel so what can I do now...

Arbourboateng

Post by Arbourboateng »

Any reply with this question will highly appreciated...

cpr43
网站管理员

Post by cpr43 »

Arbourboateng wrote:
Mon May 24, 2021 7:29 pm
Any reply with this question will highly appreciated...
You need to reflash the unit to see if is any bug still inside the unit.

Arbourboateng

Post by Arbourboateng »

Ok bro, can you guide me the procedure on how to reflash the decoder...

cpr43
网站管理员

Post by cpr43 »

Arbourboateng wrote:
Mon May 24, 2021 8:52 pm
Ok bro, can you guide me the procedure on how to reflash the decoder...
Here are some instructions that feralkiwi (owen) wrote:

flash.bin recovery is done like this.

Place a copy of the unpacked software (the .bin file) on a USB stick and rename it "flash.bin"
With the USB in the unit, power on while repeat pressing "Menu" on the remote.
The unit should reload the software.

Also other users say that you must use a USB stick, not a card holder etc and that stick must be 32Gb or under.
Use the rear USB port on units that have two ports.

I have had units that will not recover.
Try using the same software as was in the unit when it crashed, not the new update software.
You must use the correct software, ie that for the V7HD for the V7HD etc, not software for any other freesat units.

Try even older software as the file for flash.bin.

Look at the LED in the USB stick. When the TV shows the message "USB Upgrade, do not turn off" you should see the LED on the USB flash as the file is loaded.
The USB LED should also flash a few times as the unit first powers on and looks at it.
Also users have said to use the rear USB port for this on V8 units.

Good luck

New information: Users are reporting that naming the file "Flash.bin" with a capital has worked where "flash.bin" has not. This is with the Nova units mostly.

Also, here:

viewtopic.php?f=67&t=14431

Arbourboateng

Post by Arbourboateng »

Have try all the possible means to bring back the decoder as it was with the help @cpr43 and @faralkiwi yet couldnt get the decoder yet I get the picture on av in pin but the sound is not working now but now I always connect phone and be watching that one I get the picture and sound very well...

Arbourboateng

Post by Arbourboateng »

What can I do again all I hv to get a new board...

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

It does look like the HDMI port is dead.

regarding the lack of sound.
Are you using a long plug 3.5mm AV cable?
Try changing the AV menu settings for sound to see if the AV output sound will work.

Owen

Arbourboateng

Post by Arbourboateng »

I have try different av in pin those that brings the picture doesn't give the sound and those that is not bring the pictures you could hear lourd noise in the TV but it's not the channel noise and have try settings on av Menu but still no result , the sad news is because of the nano technology this days our repairers is not able to fix some of these problems

Arbourboateng

Post by Arbourboateng »

Any advice on how to get a sound from the decoder may be a device that can give you, my decoder only give pictures, already HDMI unit is not coming because of the Thunder strike and the av unit only brings the picture but no sound on my gt media v8pro2 decoder any solutions as to how I can get the sound , hope to hear from you as usual.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

The 3.5mm plug that gets the video should also give the sound.

If it is not then you may have damaged the sound as well as the HDMI.

There are two output options for sound in the menus.
Also check that you do not have the mute on and the volume up on both the box and the TV.

Check that the input on your TV is working, try another sound source.

Owen

Arbourboateng

Post by Arbourboateng »

Well I have press the mute button on both decoder and the TV and have try a couple of 3.5mm cable aside the one am using they all give me the pictures but without sound. Well bro let's assume the sound has damaged along with the HDMI unit is there any alternative to get the decoder back to normal.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

It sounds like the unit took a big hit and you have lost it.

As I mentioned at the start of this thread, add extra ground wire between your TV and the box / LNB cable ground to stop earth currents using the HDMI cable to ground out.

Also if you are home, disconnect in a thunder storm, I do.

Owen

Arbourboateng

Post by Arbourboateng »

Thanks to you all with the patient you got for during when I encounter the problem with my v8pro2 decoder I have now have the sound as well as the pictures now my decoder is working perfect and normal as it's suppose to work I am now using ( av pin ) the issue is all the time the solution was around the corner it took sometime to get it , normally with the av pin the red and white represent the sound and the yellow represent the picture that was what I was implying but I tried using the red to represent the video and the yellow and white for the sound and it's works so now I am enjoying my decoder again thanks again to Feralkiwi, cpr43, and all of the great moderator for not giving up on me with all my persistence still stood by me and help me with my problem more grease to your elbow .

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”