New and Technically Lost

V8 NOVA / V8 HONOR / V8 PRO2/V8 UHD / V8X

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

Stormin

New and Technically Lost

Post by Stormin »

Bear with me as I am new to this and old so am slightly technically challenged. Brought the GTMedia Nova 8 Box as the new place we moved in had a satellite dish and the TV signal is not so good as we are in the middle of a forest. It works brilliantly for picking up Freesat and I am delighted. So I have started to look at the other options after finding the instructions worked out how to set up IPTV using an m3u file provided by a reseller. However thats about my limit from that I need a hand on a few things

1) How do I set up a free VPN ?
2) How do I set up other alternatives to Stalker ?
3) Looking at the board I get a feeling there are a whole host of options that I am not using what are the best ones ?
4) Is there a place to find the answers ? I am more than happy to read these just cannot find them.

My apologies if this the wrong place in the forum please move if it is.

Stormin

Re: New and Technically Lost

Post by Stormin »

Ok most I have resolved just anyone tell me a good vpn provider I can use on the nova 8

iq180
网站管理员

Post by iq180 »

Stormin wrote:Bear with me as I am new to this and old so am slightly technically challenged. Brought the GTMedia Nova 8 Box as the new place we moved in had a satellite dish and the TV signal is not so good as we are in the middle of a forest. It works brilliantly for picking up Freesat and I am delighted. So I have started to look at the other options after finding the instructions worked out how to set up IPTV using an m3u file provided by a reseller. However thats about my limit from that I need a hand on a few things

1) How do I set up a free VPN ?
2) How do I set up other alternatives to Stalker ?
3) Looking at the board I get a feeling there are a whole host of options that I am not using what are the best ones ?
4) Is there a place to find the answers ? I am more than happy to read these just cannot find them.

My apologies if this the wrong place in the forum please move if it is.
You said there is a satellite dish there, is it 3 feet or less or is it 6 feet or more, when you are talking satellite, bigger is better, post all the info you can find on the satellite, the more info we have the more we can help.

Stormin

Post by Stormin »

Hi I can pick up Astra 28.2E on a 3 foot dish. The Vpn issue I am based in UK a VPN even if it costs would be great as IPTV works well.

Stormin

Post by Stormin »

Ok sorted vpn after some Google time. It was easy love the box and what it does. Retirement just become more fun roll on the cricket Banned Word

jewel

Post by jewel »

Podrias poner paso a paso para iptv por favor...tengo el azul. gracias. :D
Antena 3mt banda-c Veracruz Mexico.

Stormin

Post by Stormin »

So I sorted most of the IPTV. So last night started again on the Satellite side. Eutelsat 28.2 now set as the Satellite as it's Freesat in UK of a small dish single LNB. Did this as a full single scan. Picked everything up as far as I can tell. So now I need some education and advice on encrypted channels. Please bear in mind I am retired technically challenged. However as a retirement project it's fun.
I would though I am guessing like to pick up some French programs but guess I may need another LNB and bigger dish. I am situated on the South Coast of the UK

Ncaa1976*

Post by Ncaa1976* »

i must to read more about iptv, i am really f.ng naive...

Stormin

Post by Stormin »

It's fairly simple if you get an m3u file most suppliers will provide one. I struggled to link into Stalker or Xtreme so created a file called custom saved it as m3u on to a memory stick. This is important there is instructions on here that explains it. Simply the box looks for the file and loads it. So is important to rename the box comes with a number of streams a Google search will bring up free ones to help you create your own file and there are sellers of links. In contract terms Buyer beware if you go the last route check out supplier most will offer a trial but I would suggest don't pay a lot on a long term contract some are known to disappear. Research any you want to use. Would suggest use a VPN if you can mine is on the router as I struggled to get it onto the box. Good Luck hopefully someone will link the instructions for you.

Stormin

Post by Stormin »

So looking at it I am not even sure what I am picking up Eutelsat 28a was moved so guessing it's an Astra replacement. I tried as few others which seem to pick up the same satellite. Not to worried but be nice to know as I can then start to work out what to do next. Anyone in UK that can help thanks

Stormin

Post by Stormin »

Ok so I am getting closer found the user guide. How to import nothing to import but I read forum rules so will wait for ten posts. However in the meantime am I doing something wrong in the search for satellite do I need to change settings and they will be imported direct. I have the box connected to Internet by Ethernet link. Or is it import from usb only

Stormin

Post by Stormin »

Ok so found a user guide for setting up satellite on here so I now know I am doing that bit ok. Still puzzled by what satellite I have actually picked up. It must be one at 28 E as I am guessing the dish was originally used for Sky by the guy who lived here before.

papiillo

Post by papiillo »

Me imagino por el tipo de plato que tienes debes de estar usando la banda ku asi que aunque cumplas con las diez publicaciones para poder descargar las llaves no te servira de mucho ya que en este foro se enfocan mas en la bandac muy poco en la banda ku. SUERTE

Stormin

Post by Stormin »

papiillo wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:29 pm
Me imagino por el tipo de plato que tienes debes de estar usando la banda ku asi que aunque cumplas con las diez publicaciones para poder descargar las llaves no te servira de mucho ya que en este foro se enfocan mas en la bandac muy poco en la banda ku. SUERTE
Thanks I don't mind I have for not very much something that is fun and does what I brought it for. Anything I have already added is a bonus .

cpr43
网站管理员

Post by cpr43 »

papiillo wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:29 pm
La banda ku en Biss y Power Vu (muy pocos) tenemos apoyo. Banda Ku por CCcam/ Newcamd/ IKS NO podemos ayudarlos pues es servicio privado por internet

Stormin

Post by Stormin »

So can you give me some help as to where to look ask I have 10 posts but cannot seem to use the Softcam section to request help Thsnks

cpr43
网站管理员

Post by cpr43 »

How can I help? What do you need?

Stormin

Post by Stormin »

cpr43 wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:32 am
I have a V8 Nova Orange in the UK off an old Sky Dish in the South I scanned so for satellite on the Eutelsat A 28 setting on the box. Though looking at it i think its picking up Freesat Astra that replaced it. I just need any encryption keys ie Softcam keys or a clue as to where to look. Many Thanks

cpr43
网站管理员

Post by cpr43 »

Stormin wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:52 am
cpr43 wrote:
I have a V8 Nova Orange in the UK off an old Sky Dish in the South I scanned so for satellite on the Eutelsat A 28 setting on the box. Though looking at it i think its picking up Freesat Astra that replaced it. I just need any encryption keys ie Softcam keys or a clue as to where to look. Many Thanks
I dont show any power vu/ biss keys for this sat?? What softcam/keys are you looking for?

Stormin

Post by Stormin »

cpr43 wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:22 am
Stormin wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:52 am
cpr43 wrote:
I dont show any power vu/ biss keys for this sat?? What softcam/keys are you looking for?
Cheers I thought that might be the case I struggled to find any reference on the internet. It is more trying to see what is around on things like Sport Film French TV I can access. There is nothing I have found to date at 28E. With a small dish not sure it will be worth investing in a second LNB and dont fancy climbing up and moving dish

Thanks for the reply

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”