V8 Pro2 New firmware performance improvement

V8 NOVA / V8 HONOR / V8 PRO2/V8 UHD / V8X

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

Zelalem

V8 Pro2 New firmware performance improvement

Post by Zelalem »

I had issues of overheating and rebooting of the V8 Pro2. However, these issues significantly reduced after the new firmware released on 17.05.2019. This is really a great support from the GTMEADIA team. It is impossible not to appreciate all the efforts they put in to help us.
GTMedia V8 X, GTMedia V8 pro2, 1.8m x 3 dish, .9m x 3 dish, Freesat V7 Max, GTMedia BT03 Finder, Freesat V8 Finder, GSKY V6, Supermax SM9900, Lifestar 9090, LEG A25, covers 3w to 105.5e satellites.

Captain Ron

Re: V8 Pro2 New firmware performance improvement

Post by Captain Ron »

I'll agree on that, I don't have a V8 Pro2 like yours but GTmedia's support does seem to put out updates/fixes more frequently than others i've used in the past. ( Hats off to GTmedia support with software and including cpr43 here on the forum helping people! )

Some people still post about problems on various specialty areas on their boxes like IPTV, etc but they keep the Satellite TV (its main reason for being) running pretty well IMO.

On your box running hot and rebooting, if you haven't done so already it probably wouldn't hurt to buy a small fan pad (about $10) on Amazon or wherever and they use power off the USB to keep fresh air blowing up through your receiver. I had to buy one for a different brand receiver I used in the past or it would overheat and reboot about ever 10 minutes but the fan did wonders. I have the same fan under my V8 Nova now just to make sure it stays cool.

Zelalem

Post by Zelalem »

Captain Ron wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 8:37 pm
I'll agree on that, I don't have a V8 Pro2 like yours but GTmedia's support does seem to put out updates/fixes more frequently than others i've used in the past. ( Hats off to GTmedia support with software and including cpr43 here on the forum helping people! )

Some people still post about problems on various specialty areas on their boxes like IPTV, etc but they keep the Satellite TV (its main reason for being) running pretty well IMO.

On your box running hot and rebooting, if you haven't done so already it probably wouldn't hurt to buy a small fan pad (about $10) on Amazon or wherever and they use power off the USB to keep fresh air blowing up through your receiver. I had to buy one for a different brand receiver I used in the past or it would overheat and reboot about ever 10 minutes but the fan did wonders. I have the same fan under my V8 Nova now just to make sure it stays cool.
Thank you for your suggestion. I will try the fan if it cools the STB and help me to avoid the heating and rebooting.
GTMedia V8 X, GTMedia V8 pro2, 1.8m x 3 dish, .9m x 3 dish, Freesat V7 Max, GTMedia BT03 Finder, Freesat V8 Finder, GSKY V6, Supermax SM9900, Lifestar 9090, LEG A25, covers 3w to 105.5e satellites.

tanka

Post by tanka »

V8 pro2 firmware 17/05/19 All working.And the hd channels I have problems before losing quality are good.Tankyou.V8 orange new firmware 17/05/19 all good no problems for my box

pegasus07

Post by pegasus07 »

eumesmo wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 8:17 am
Still no LCN option available, ordering more than 300 channels on DBEditor is painful, my operator just changed frequencies again this week.
Please add LCN
I've been working on satellite technology for a long time, but could you please explain to me what you mean by LCN?
Don Quijote for satellite systems

cpr43
网站管理员

Post by cpr43 »

pegasus07 wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 12:00 pm
eumesmo wrote:
Still no LCN option available, ordering more than 300 channels on DBEditor is painful, my operator just changed frequencies again this week.
Please add LCN
I've been working on satellite technology for a long time, but could you please explain to me what you mean by LCN?
Logical channel number. Instead of alphabetical, scan order or TP order LCN is the right channel number assigned by the operator.

pegasus07

Post by pegasus07 »

cpr43 wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 12:49 pm
pegasus07 wrote:
eumesmo wrote:
Please add LCN
Logical channel number. Instead of alphabetical, scan order or TP order LCN is the right channel number assigned by the operator.
If I have created a list, the search then arranges the programs as I have created them. Newly found programs are added to the bottom of the list ?
How about if you could set up here on the board a small lexicon specifically for satellite technology or should you leave that to Google ?

I have kept me informed. With LCN not only the receiver must be able to do this, but also the program provider must assign the appropriate program sorting.

The question is, who should determine on which place which channel should be arranged? This is sometimes difficult if you receive multiple satellites or multiple pay-TV providers uses. The LNC would only make sense if the end user has once created a ready list and the receiver would independently push these programs on the basis of the channel name again and again in the same place after a search.
So purely according to the information provided by the end user
Best regards pegasus07

pegasus07

Post by pegasus07 »

eumesmo wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 8:07 am
pegasus07 wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 6:35 am
cpr43 wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 12:49 pm
pegasus07 wrote:
eumesmo wrote:
Please add LCN
If I have created a list, the search then arranges the programs as I have created them. Newly found programs are added to the bottom of the list ?
How about if you could set up here on the board a small lexicon specifically for satellite technology or should you leave that to Google ?

I have kept me informed. With LCN not only the receiver must be able to do this, but also the program provider must assign the appropriate program sorting.

The question is, who should determine on which place which channel should be arranged? This is sometimes difficult if you receive multiple satellites or multiple pay-TV providers uses. The LNC would only make sense if the end user has once created a ready list and the receiver would independently push these programs on the basis of the channel name again and again in the same place after a search.
So purely according to the information provided by the end user
Best regards pegasus07
V8 Golden and GTC have LCN, V8pro 2 on the outside of the box says LCN, my cable tv provider has LCN active, on GTC every channel is ordered after a channel scan, on V8 Golden only FTA are ordered, V8 Pro2 does not support V8 golden channel list, so I need to order manually every channel, and on any changes by my cable provider I need to edit again the channel list.
If its written in the box it should be available!

You would need a receiver that assigns the programs by name, based on the previously created list. New programs named or newly added by the provider are appended to the bottom of the list and can then be reordered so that you do not always have to reorder all programs. Is that what you like? I may have a solution there.
I have created a fake satellite and on this fake satellite I occasionally search for new programs and add them via the favorites option.

pegasus07

Post by pegasus07 »

Well, now I have understood exactly what you want. There is a receiver manufacturer in Germany, which aligns its programs exactly according to a particular TV magazine and also arranges the programs, including full-fledged EPG. You can set this option to manual or automatic. With automatic he loads overnight the new data into the receiver plus full EPG and genre mapping. This is not like the LNC from the provider but also very useful for the user

Best regards pegasus07

gyver

Post by gyver »

Thanks for the new software.

Finally this update solve the problem that I had from the beginning in order to use the v8pro2 with your a diseqc 8x1. Now I can switch channels from different satellites without problems.
Madrid(Spain).V8 UHD,V8 pro2 & V8x.Disecq 16x1.
Hellas 39°E-Astra 28.2°E-Badr 26°E 1.2m
Astra 19.2°E & 23.5ºE-Hotbird 13°E 80cm
Thor/Intelsat 0.8-1°W - Eutelsat 5ºW & 9E - Bulgariasat 1.9ºE - 80cm
Hispasat 30°W 80cm
Telstar 15°W 60cm

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”