Trouble Receiving Some Channels

V8 NOVA / V8 HONOR / V8 PRO2/V8 UHD / V8X

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

Ivyman

Trouble Receiving Some Channels

Post by Ivyman »

A while back, the Luken MUX on SES-2 moved to Eutelsat 113 satellite. When these channels were on SES-2, I got all of them, but now on several of these channels, all I have is a black screen and no audio. These channels aren't encrypted. This is on my GTMedia V8 Blue STB. I've re-scanned the satellite, nothing.

I deleted all the channels and did a re-scan, still nothing. I deleted all the transponders and re-scanned again, these channels are still not coming in. I know the channels are still working because I've ask others doing FTA and they're getting them just fine. I don't know what to try next. Any suggestions?

Captain Ron

Re: Trouble Receiving Some Channels

Post by Captain Ron »

Most of those come in fine for me (just checked) on my V8 Nova Orange

4040 V 30000 --- Retro TV, Action, Family, Heartland, etc come in fine but some of the locals are black screen right now.

Retro Channel is showing a black and white movie (Signal is 84 and Quality is 72) for me.

Maybe your LNB needs a tweak.

Good Luck ! :D

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Also check that you have the updated software.
It may be a different screen size of H.265

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Ivyman

Post by Ivyman »

I've tinkered with the frequency and other settings, but it didn't help. Checked with others on different forums and they said all of them were coming in for them. None were black screen. My receiver is new and should have the latest firmware. I have a dozen other receivers, so I'll see if they come in on them. BTW, this receiver is H-265. ;)

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Yes H.265.
But I had issues with media files in H.265, some had a different screen size, a few lines less than normal, and would not play.

Later software fixed this.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”