Feature request from v8 super

V8 NOVA / V8 HONOR / V8 PRO2/V8 UHD / V8X

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

alpha8080

Feature request from v8 super

Post by alpha8080 »

Hello

I wanted to request a feature, it would be quite helpful add a sort option for channel list (when we press OK on remote) so that they show up in alphabetical order in continuous loop. The current sorting options are decent but it's quite a headache to press the button again and again just to find that damn channel.

I hope you understand what I'm requesting. All my other boxes has this type of sorting where channel list display alphabetical order. By default the sorting is based on TP's, i just wants it to be alphabetical.

I hope this can be implemented in future.

Regards!

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Re: Feature request from v8 super

Post by Feralkiwi »

I did some testing on the V7HD some time back.

The order that you have when you USB load your channel list is the default list in the sort option.

So if you get a list where you want it then USB save your channel list and USB load it again, that should then be the "Default" list in sort.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

alpha8080

Re: Feature request from v8 super

Post by alpha8080 »

Thanks for your reply..

Actually i was hoping if i could do this without usb. All i am requesting is an alphabetical order in channel list. Currently we have to press the "blue" button on remote to sort channels by ABCD etc... But that is temporary and quite hectic to go through each and the sorting disappears once we press "OK".

I know it's a small issue but can be very annoying when you're scrolling through 500+ channels. I want some sort of method to change channel order in alphabetical without the use of external channel editor.

It's quite a surprise for me that this box doesn't have the feature as simple as this one considering the cost it's being sold at. I wish the developers add it in later updates.

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”