Which receiver is best for US C Band

V8 NOVA / V8 HONOR / V8 PRO2/V8 UHD / V8X

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

Mux

Which receiver is best for US C Band

Post by Mux »

I am going to be purchasing a new receiver this week and would like to know which of the GT Media boxes would be the best for me. I would manly be using this for C Band to replace an xxxxxxx.

cpr43
网站管理员

Re: Which receiver is best for US C Band

Post by cpr43 »

Mux wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 1:54 pm
I am going to be purchasing a new receiver this week and would like to know which of the GT Media boxes would be the best for me. I would manly be using this for C Band to replace an xxxxx.
Hello and Welcome

I will say the V8 Nova Blue. keep in mind that GT media does not autoroll Biss as some models from your previous one.

bwe

Post by bwe »

Hello,

I am using the V8 Pro 2. It's the only GT Media box I own, and I can confidently say that I am very pleased with it. I use it for North American C-band and Ku.

This small footprint receiver (it's the smallest STB in my fleet) does DVB-S2X and HEVC/H.265, autorolls PV only, has a nice HD and SD picture quality, and uses a really accurate and fast blind scan.

It does get pretty hot, the STB and plug, but I use a cooling fan/pad for this minor issue. Also, the steps it takes getting to the TP list is a little funky, in my opinion, but again, this is a minor issue. There are other minor issues, but overall, I think it is a great little box. Trust me, if I thought this was a crap box, I would say so. I've got a couple of crap boxes, one starts with L....., and the other with M....., I'll let you guess. Wasted money, and now sitting in a closet. For me, a good STB starts with having a fairly quick and accurate blind scan, and the V8 Pro 2 passes the test with flying colors. I hope GT Media comes out with a 4K, DVB-S2X, H.265, PV autoroll STB in the future. I'll be the first in line to get it.

I think you will be pleased with just about any GT Media box. Be sure to look at the specs at GT Media website, freesat.cc, so that you get what you want. The support here at this forum is excellent. These guys will help you get up and running in no time!

Good luck with your search! :D
BWE
:mrgreen: V8 Pro2, V8 Nova, V7 Plus, V8X, X8, GTC, GT Combo and V8 Finder :mrgreen:

Mux

Post by Mux »

Still haven't purchased this yet sort of holding out. Do you have to provide your own keys etc for this receiver? I do not have any would that be a problem for me?

Captain Ron

Post by Captain Ron »

Mux wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:02 pm
Still haven't purchased this yet sort of holding out. Do you have to provide your own keys etc for this receiver? I do not have any would that be a problem for me?
Once you reach 10 posts (forum rule) you can go to the Softcam Key Section of the forum and ask for the softcam key file for North America or for where you live and a mod like cpr43 or someone will give it to you by PM or explain where you can look on the internet to find it for Europe, etc. Post where you live when you ask.

Softcam Section - viewforum.php?f=54

If you find you cannot post in that Softcam Section then post a request to be activated on this thread - viewtopic.php?f=33&t=13146

Mux

Post by Mux »

Alright that helps. I am interested in the V8 Pro because it seems to be the newest one which would mean it should be supported for a good while yet. ON the other hand with it being new and prone to bugs.

Captain Ron

Post by Captain Ron »

If you mean the V8 Pro2 then yes it is new, haven't heard any big complaints on it, probably the most popular in the V8's are the V8 Nova line (Orange, Blue and Purple). They are fairly new (little over 1 year old) and work great. The V8 Nova Blue is aimed more for the USA as it has an HDMI and RCA Jacks on its back.

I don't have that V8 Pro2 so I cannot say if it is as good (Stable) as a Nova or not.

Here is the sales area if you want to look and maybe buy direct from GTmedia --- https://www.freesat.cc/

AZCoder

Post by AZCoder »

I would still like to see a receiver that supports the new CBS 422. Any about to happen?
Last edited by AZCoder on Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bwe

Post by bwe »

AZCoder wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:25 pm
I would still like to see a receiver that supports the new NBC 422. Any about to happen?
Which satellite has the "new NBC 422"? I too would like to see a box that does H.264 4:2:2. In the meantime, I use a computer and USB tuner to view it. :D
:mrgreen: V8 Pro2, V8 Nova, V7 Plus, V8X, X8, GTC, GT Combo and V8 Finder :mrgreen:

AZCoder

Post by AZCoder »

bwe wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:02 am
AZCoder wrote:
I would still like to see a receiver that supports the new NBC 422. Any about to happen?
Which satellite has the "new NBC 422"? I too would like to see a box that does H.264 4:2:2. In the meantime, I use a computer and USB tuner to view it. :D
NBC was supposed to be CBS. I also use a computer and tuner to receive those CBS channels. I fixed my post. I must have had a senior moment.

bwe

Post by bwe »

AZCoder wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:49 pm
bwe wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:02 am
AZCoder wrote:
NBC was supposed to be CBS. I also use a computer and tuner to receive those CBS channels. I fixed my post. I must have had a senior moment.
No big deal. :D
I just thought something new popped up, and wanted to know. Take care.

Mux

Post by Mux »

Captain Ron wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:45 am
If you mean the V8 Pro2 then yes it is new, haven't heard any big complaints on it, probably the most popular in the V8's are the V8 Nova line (Orange, Blue and Purple). They are fairly new (little over 1 year old) and work great. The V8 Nova Blue is aimed more for the USA as it has an HDMI and RCA Jacks on its back.

I don't have that V8 Pro2 so I cannot say if it is as good (Stable) as a Nova or not.

Here is the sales area if you want to look and maybe buy direct from GTmedia --- https://www.freesat.cc/
The only V8 Nova I see when going to the link is the V8 Nova Orange one. If I specify the USA cord will they automatically send me the Blue one?

Mux

Post by Mux »

Alright I purchased the V8 Nova. As you know it will take some time for it to arrive but it has been purchased. I went with the V8 Nova because the V8 Super 2 because there is not a whole lot of reviews for them and the comments I read about it just seemed best to go with a known work horse.

Mux

Post by Mux »

I will be on here with any problems or questions I have for set up.

Mux

Post by Mux »

Are update done automatically online or are they downloaded and installed?

Mux

Post by Mux »

I am getting my post count boosted up so I will be able to get the needed keys etc. My other receiver died a week ago so I currently only have local TV.

Mux

Post by Mux »

Captain Ron wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:54 pm
Mux wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:02 pm
Once you reach 10 posts (forum rule) you can go to the Softcam Key Section of the forum and ask for the softcam key file for North America or for where you live and a mod like cpr43 or someone will give it to you by PM or explain where you can look on the internet to find it for Europe, etc. Post where you live when you ask.

Softcam Section - viewforum.php?f=54

If you find you cannot post in that Softcam Section then post a request to be activated on this thread - viewtopic.php?f=33&t=13146
My count is at 10 now so when I get my new box I hope to be in business.

bwe

Post by bwe »

Mux wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:39 am
Alright I purchased the V8 Nova. As you know it will take some time for it to arrive but it has been purchased. I went with the V8 Nova because the V8 Super 2 because there is not a whole lot of reviews for them and the comments I read about it just seemed best to go with a known work horse.
Good choice! :D

Firmware updates are saved onto a USB stick, and then uploaded to your receiver via the USB port. The stick is formatted to FAT32. In the "Download Center" section of this forum, you will find the updates for your receiver.

AZCoder

Post by AZCoder »

The V8 Super is still pretty good. Is it really worth it to upgrade? Just wondering.

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”