Best Tuner

V8 NOVA / V8 HONOR / V8 PRO2/V8 UHD / V8X

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

Wilis13

Best Tuner

Post by Wilis13 »

Which GTMEDIA receiver do you consider has the best tuner?

bwe

Re: Best Tuner

Post by bwe »

Wilis13 wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:12 am
The only GT Media receiver I own is the V8 Pro 2. I've owned it for a couple of months now. And I can honestly say that the tuner on this receiver is very good. It's very comparable to the other branded receivers I own, which I consider good too. It has a sensitive tuner, and a rather quick and accurate blind scan. Those two things together, make the V8 Pro 2 stand out very well, in my opinion, for an STB in it's price range. Is there something better? Probably. But will it cost more $$$$? Probably.

I've casually observed on those sometimes hard to get, DVB-S2 8psk 5/6 TP's, which require about 9.45 dB for a lock, that my V8 Pro 2 will need about 10 dB, give or take, to bring in a stable picture. In other words, about .5 dB over threshold, give or take, to bring in a good picture. Just over threshold, say 9.7 dB or so, will get me a picture, but it won't be as stable, if you know what I mean.

Now, 1 dB or more over threshold, on any TP, I feel rather confident this tuner will scan it, and give me clear and uninterrupted television! These results are very similar to other branded boxes I own.

Of course, my findings are not scientific. :D
:mrgreen: V8 Pro2, V8 Nova, V7 Plus, V8X, X8, GTC, GT Combo and V8 Finder :mrgreen:

Wilis13

Post by Wilis13 »

bwe wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:47 am
Wilis13 wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:12 am
The only GT Media receiver I own is the V8 Pro 2. I've owned it for a couple of months now. And I can honestly say that the tuner on this receiver is very good. It's very comparable to the other branded receivers I own, which I consider good too. It has a sensitive tuner, and a rather quick and accurate blind scan. Those two things together, make the V8 Pro 2 stand out very well, in my opinion, for an STB in it's price range. Is there something better? Probably. But will it cost more $$$$? Probably.

I've casually observed on those sometimes hard to get, DVB-S2 8psk 5/6 TP's, which require about 9.45 dB for a lock, that my V8 Pro 2 will need about 10 dB, give or take, to bring in a stable picture. In other words, about .5 dB over threshold, give or take, to bring in a good picture. Just over threshold, say 9.7 dB or so, will get me a picture, but it won't be as stable, if you know what I mean.

Now, 1 dB or more over threshold, on any TP, I feel rather confident this tuner will scan it, and give me clear and uninterrupted television! These results are very similar to other branded boxes I own.

Thanks!

dinub1

Post by dinub1 »

[/quote]The only GT Media receiver I own is the V8 Pro 2. I've owned it for a couple of months now. And I can honestly say that the tuner on this receiver is very good. It's very comparable to the other branded receivers I own, which I consider good too. It has a sensitive tuner, and a rather quick and accurate blind scan. Those two things together, make the V8 Pro 2 stand out very well, in my opinion, for an STB in it's price range. Is there something better? Probably. But will it cost more $$$$? Probably.

[/quote]

I am sorry, but I have a V8 Nova that initially scanned my satelite and found 52 channels that were encrypted. But now they disappeared and it does not find anything doing "blind scan" on the same satellite. BTW what is the difference between "Full Scan" and "Blind Scan"? Thank you.
Last edited by dinub1 on Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Full scan uses the TP list in the unit, Blind scan looks for what TP's it can find.

Check that your antenna setting on your Nova orange are set correctly for your dish.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”