V-73HD not getting signal

V8 NOVA / V8 HONOR / V8 PRO2/V8 UHD / V8X

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

greatkwame

V-73HD not getting signal

Post by greatkwame »

Good evening. I have this GTMEDIA satellite finder model number v-73 HD. Can you please help me with the upgrade because it is not getting signal, Thanks

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Re: V-73HD not getting signal

Post by Feralkiwi »

Please explain more.
Do you mean you are not getting any ssatellite signals or that the unit is not powering on correctly.

For satellites you need to set up the antenna settings for each satellite you have a dish for, or the dish you are connected to.
For universal LNB's if you have not set up correctly you will not use both the low and high bands of that LNB.
Also there is a option in the menus that turns off the power to the LNB.
You can "Add" satellites in your area to the sat list and "Delete" sats you do not need.

If the battery is flat the unit will not power on until you have connected the charger.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

greatkwame

Post by greatkwame »

Thank you sir for your quick response. I have gone through all the process mentioned above but still the problem persists. For now the signal strength is 64%and the quality is 10% with any coaxial cable connection. Even when i get the right signal strength and quality with different finder and i plug the f-connector to my v-73hd with the same satellite, lnb frequency, transponder and polarity the signal strength is the same 64% and quality 10%. Nothing moves. Please is there any update to correct this situation?
thanks

Hans_Rey

Post by Hans_Rey »

greatkwame wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:13 am
Thank you sir for your quick response. I have gone through all the process mentioned above but still the problem persists. For now the signal strength is 64%and the quality is 10% with any coaxial cable connection. Even when i get the right signal strength and quality with different finder and i plug the f-connector to my v-73hd with the same satellite, lnb frequency, transponder and polarity the signal strength is the same 64% and quality 10%. Nothing moves. Please is there any update to correct this situation?
thanks
For your info, V-73hd does not showing the same value signal quality as in decoder or other finder. The latest sw update file dated 21.05.19 did increased a little bit of sq value but still below the exact value. Hopefully GTmedia team will fix this issue soon.

greatkwame

Post by greatkwame »

Thanks for your response. But i am currently on the latest software. Check the photos.
Initial when i bought it without any cable connected the signal strength was 24% and the quality was 10%. But now the strength has risen to 54/60% while the quality remains 10%. Due to this the display colour bars are not coming even from already installed dish. signal quality and strength remains the same. please check the pictures.
thanks

Attachments
pix 1
pix 1
IMG_0180.JPG (1.66 MiB) Viewed 997 times
pix2
pix2
IMG_0170.JPG (2.14 MiB) Viewed 997 times

Hans_Rey

Post by Hans_Rey »

Hi my friend,
According to your photos attached, your finder still using the April software. Kindly download and istall the latest sw file May, 2019 from download section. See if can fix it. Good luck
Attachments
20190907_154737.jpg
20190907_154737.jpg (532.18 KiB) Viewed 991 times

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”