v8 pro 2 softcam

V8 NOVA / V8 HONOR / V8 PRO2/V8 UHD / V8X

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

wwiilliiss

v8 pro 2 softcam

Post by wwiilliiss »

before updating backed up database and softcam lists
updated s/w,reloaded database but doesn't like Export-softcam.key
have edited file to Import_softcam.key and softcam.key but v8 pro 2 won't touch it

bwe

Re: v8 pro 2 softcam

Post by bwe »

wwiilliiss wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:14 am
before updating backed up database and softcam lists
updated s/w,reloaded database but doesn't like Export-softcam.key
have edited file to Import_softcam.key and softcam.key but v8 pro 2 won't touch it
Take your export_softcam file, and rename it SOFTCAM, so that it reads SOFTCAM.key, and NOT, SOFTCAM.key.key, okay.

When you rename the export_softcam file, just type in SOFTCAM. Make sure the file is saved to the root of your usb stick, and then import.

I use all capitals, but I don't think it really matters one way or another. This is what I do, and it always works for me.

Let me know how it goes. If this doesn't work, it's probably something else going on, and we'll figure out.

BWE :D

This is what I do when updating firmware on my V8 Pro2.

1. Download the latest firmware, and save/extract BIN file on computer.
2. Make sure USB stick is clean, and plug into V8 Pro2, and dump db_sysdata and export softcam onto root of stick.
3. Plug stick to computer, and (1) transfer/save the latest firmware to usb stick, and then (2) rename export_softcam to softcam.
4. Plug stick to V8 Pro2, and using All Code, update firmware. Wait for reboot. Then update the db_sysdata. Wait for reboot. Then import softcam. I don't think it's necessary, but I manually reboot after importing softcam.
5. Save/archive all files on my computer. Clean usb stick.
6. Watch TV.
:mrgreen: V8 Pro2, V8 Nova, V7 Plus, V8X, X8, GTC, GT Combo and V8 Finder :mrgreen:

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”