Post by ايمن مسعد »

Hi All
Possible reboot solution as Patrol in Receiver v8 pro2

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Re: Solve the reboot problem

Post by Feralkiwi »

flash.bin recovery is done like this.

Place a copy of the unpacked software (the .bin file) on a USB stick and rename it "flash.bin"
With the USB in the unit, power on while repeat pressing "Menu" on the remote. You must use the V7 remote on the V7.
The unit should reload the software.

Also other users say that you must use a USB stick, not a card holder etc and that stick must be 32Gb or under.
Use the rear USB port on units that have two ports.

I have had units that will not recover.
Try using the same software as was in the unit when it crashed, not the new update software.
You must use the correct software, ie that for the V7HD for the V7HD etc, not software for any other freesat units.

Try even older software as the file for flash.bin.

Look at the LED in the USB stick. When the TV shows the message "USB Upgrade, do not turn off" you should see the LED on the USB flash as the file is loaded.
The USB LED should also flash a few times as the unit first powers on and looks at it.
Also users have said to use the rear USB port for this on V8 units.

Good luck

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

ايمن مسعد

Post by ايمن مسعد »

Thank you The solution has been solved but why the problem recurs periodically

Captain Ron

Post by Captain Ron »

ايمن مسعد wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:59 am
Thank you The solution has been solved but why the problem recurs periodically
While nothing is certain one way to help ensure you don't have repeating lockup problems is to (double check) that you are only using updates for your particular Receiver/Deco and stay away from using software for other receivers or software from non-GTmedia sources (3rd hand software) from other websites could cause your Receiver/Deco to lock up !

Good luck to you ! :D

ايمن مسعد

Post by ايمن مسعد »

The problem is solved for a day and comes back again Is there a definitive solution

Captain Ron

Post by Captain Ron »

Several people have posted about boot issues since the latest (Oct 25) update. Have you tried using an older update (like August or Sept updates) for a few days to a week just to see if you still have this issue with those ?

ايمن مسعد

Post by ايمن مسعد »

I downloaded an old version but the problem exists

Captain Ron

Post by Captain Ron »

Do you keep a USB drive or other items plugged in running all the time when the Receiver is running?

If so then try unplugging them and do a reboot on the Receiver and leave those items disconnected and see if the receiver runs normally for a few days? If you have something plugged into the Receiver (USB, 3G Dongle, etc) it may be a compatibility issue.

If it still has the problem then disconnect the LNB Coax and do a reboot, its not unheard of that when a coax is going bad or shorting (ground to copper) that it can cause a Receiver not to boot. Rare but i've read of it happening.

If it still has the issue regardless of which update you have loaded then it has to be the Receiver itself or some item you have plugged into it !

Good Luck ! :D

ايمن مسعد

Post by ايمن مسعد »

I tried more than one software but the problem is frequent

Captain Ron

Post by Captain Ron »

You didn't mention if you have other things (USB, Fan, Hard Drive, etc.) that you leave connected all the time (remove them all and just try reflashing the Receiver/Deco by itself. Also try different Brands and Sizes of USB Drives/Pens, occasionally trying different USB's/Pens will work.

Perhaps unplug power from the Receiver/Deco and remove the top cover and look to see if any Capacitors are (bulging tops or leaking fluids) which indicates its been overheating. That can change internal voltages to where it will not run, I run a cooling pad under my Orange and 2 years and its still running strong.

Perhaps buy another Receiver/Deco to use but when time allows keep trying doing reflash on this one and some day it may decide to Pop and open up and then you can use it for a backup.

Good Luck ! :D

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”