Locking anik f2 satellite

V8 NOVA / V8 HONOR / V8 PRO2/V8 UHD / V8X

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

Florida

Locking anik f2 satellite

Post by Florida »

hello i bought a satellite finder V8 V-71 hd and i'm in florida. I have a direct shaw antenna and I have a 95% signal. on my receiver. With my v-71 hd I added the Anik F2 satellite at 111.1 and Anik f1R at 107.3 degrees. i am unable to locking the signal yet i have some picture with a good signal. please can you help me. thank you so much

juan_vale
网站管理员

Re: Locking anik f2 satellite

Post by juan_vale »

Did you set the LNB frequency to 10.75 on your V-71HD ?? also you may have to switch the 22Khz on or off in the LNB settings, as that is how the OEM box switches between the two satellites. I assume you are using the original shaw LNB.
No live links (Rule #18) highlight the URL and use the Code tag option "</>"
V7HD, V8SUPER, V8X, V7PRO, GTC, FORMULER F4(TURBO)

Captain Ron

Re: Locking anik f2 satellite

Post by Captain Ron »

Since you are in Florida another issue that might be happening is that those two Canadian Satellites footprint/beams are weak that far South in the US.

(Florida, South Texas and So.California) are on the (weak fringe) or edge of the footprint of those two satellites.

Since you are getting at least some of the channels (107.3w) has a better signal in Florida than 111.1w so you might want to get on one of those Satellites, use your meter and try small adjustments on the Dish and LNB and see if you can get any increase in the signal.

Good Luck ! :D

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”