HDMI Issue

V8 NOVA / V8 HONOR / V8 PRO2/V8 UHD / V8X

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

albertox83

HDMI Issue

Post by albertox83 »

Hi,

I bought the device three months ago, and it was working properly. Anyway, suddenly it stopped sending signal on HDMI port, while scart port is still working. I have tried different TVs, different HDMI cables, upgrade the firmware... still not working.

Reading on the internet, it seems that sometimes it happens, and the port is broken. Is there any solution? Is it possible to change the device using the guarantee? My TV has not scart port.

Thanks in advance.

STRETCH

Re: HDMI Issue

Post by STRETCH »

Could you try a scart to hdmi converter

Den

Captain Ron

Post by Captain Ron »

I don't know why the HDMI quit working (rare but sometimes they just quit), but I don't believe you can run HDMI and SCART at the same time if that is what you were dong (like to run two TV cables to TV's at the same time). I believe I read somewhere on here that one of the pins on SCART is a power pin that will send a power signal to the TV and will also kill power to the HDMI output.

Also both SCART and the small pin A/V Jack are both (SDTV) only,,,,they won't play HDTV.

(If) you have two cables running I would disconnect the SCART from your Receiver and Reboot and see if HDMI comes back on.

Good Luck ! :D

albertox83

Post by albertox83 »

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I'm not connecting both cables at the same time, just once at a time. I'm afraid there is no chance to get the hdmi back... only that scart to hdmi converter option, but only with SD quality... what is too poor in a 55 inch TV.

Thanks anyway.

Lining
网站管理员

Post by Lining »

albertox83 wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:56 pm
Hi,

I bought the device three months ago, and it was working properly. Anyway, suddenly it stopped sending signal on HDMI port, while scart port is still working. I have tried different TVs, different HDMI cables, upgrade the firmware... still not working.

Reading on the internet, it seems that sometimes it happens, and the port is broken. Is there any solution? Is it possible to change the device using the guarantee? My TV has not scart port.

Thanks in advance.
Hello, please contact the seller for processing.
FREESAT brand change GT MEDlA

Xsat

Post by Xsat »

albertox83 wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:56 pm
Hi,

Thanks in advance.
What's model are you using?
Is it GTMedias?

albertox83

Post by albertox83 »

Hi,
It's GTMedia V8 Nova.

I'm trying to contact the seller, but it doesn't seem easy...

Xsat

Post by Xsat »

Please check to make sure its using the correct setting for where you live NTSC OR PAL.

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”