V8 - No power on the LNB Port

V8 NOVA / V8 HONOR / V8 PRO2/V8 UHD / V8X

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

on7yi

V8 - No power on the LNB Port

Post by on7yi »

Hello,

I just received my GTMEDIA V8, but before going on the roof to tune my dish, I first want to check everything is ok with this device.

I connected the V8 Finder to a Universal LNB in my lab and to my big surprise no 12V/18V voltage appeared on the LNB port, so something must be wrong as I chose the option to power feed the LNB from the V8 finder

I also tried a search but voltage appeared either on the LNB port.
I have selected the following options
- universal lnb 9.750/10.600
- power on

The blue led on the pannem (12V18V is on)

What am I missing ?

on7yi

Re: V8 - No power on the LNB Port

Post by on7yi »

ok the voltage magically appeared after I threatened to reset the device to its factory settings ;-)
I think it the voltage appeared after I connected a dual band LNB for astra/hotbird and activated disecq 1.0 in the menu.

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

Right lets go back to the beginning, with the dish already in place, with a lnb, at what satellite is it pointing too.
Did you have a receiver connected to it before you purchased your new receiver!
If so, why not connect your new receiver to this and do a scan, this will confirm if your lnb is working, you can then delete the channels from this scan and set up the receiver as you want it.

Hope this helps

Den

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

on7yi wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:38 am
Hello,

I just received my GTMEDIA V8, but before going on the roof to tune my dish, I first want to check everything is ok with this device.

I connected the V8 Finder to a Universal LNB in my lab and to my big surprise no 12V/18V voltage appeared on the LNB port, so something must be wrong as I chose the option to power feed the LNB from the V8 finder

I also tried a search but voltage appeared either on the LNB port.
I have selected the following options
- universal lnb 9.750/10.600
- power on

The blue led on the pannem (12V18V is on)

What am I missing ?
I think you have a V8 Finder, hand held test unit.

I too have had a friend with this same thing with a V8 finder-meter.
What I think is happening is the over current protection is stopping power output until the first low load is added.
There have been other users report the over current message on their units with no connection.
There was a software upgrade some time back that fixed some of this issue.
Once running they seem to stay running OK.

All should be OK for you now.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”