GT Media V8 Nova - not picking up astra 2e/2f/2g (28.2)?

V8 NOVA / V8 HONOR / V8 PRO2/V8 UHD / V8X

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

macp99

GT Media V8 Nova - not picking up astra 2e/2f/2g (28.2)?

Post by macp99 »

I just bought a GT Media V8 Nova and during set up it did not recognize the Astra 2E satellite even though my dish is pointing to it? Therefore I cannot get the UK channels I need (I am based in Spain Costa Blanca North).

Is there anything specific that I need to be doing, as the user manual is very brief and I assumed it was just 'plug and play'.

Thanks in advance for your help

STRETCH

Re: GT Media V8 Nova - not picking up astra 2e/2f/2g (28.2)?

Post by STRETCH »

The footprint for Astra 28e is more towards UK, check on dishpointer that your dish is in the correct direction.
What size dish do you have, what channels do you require, is just BBC1, BBC2, ITV, CH4, CH5 if so you could point your dish to 27.5w to get the said channels.
Put into the (search box) 27.5w see what comes up, there is a guide on how to get the channels from the said satellite and how to decode them.

Den

macp99

Post by macp99 »

Thanks Dan, I recently had an engineer come to point the satellite in the correct direction, so I am assuming that its the GT Media box that is not picking up the signal for some reason? I may be totally wrong?? I'm just looking for the FTA channels, like BBC. You mentioned about a guide? Where would I find that? Thanks.

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

Put in the search box (intelsat 907) when the in comes up, look for my post (Mon Feb 03 2020 6.59pm) this will give you some info
Will (pm) you.

Den

gyver

Post by gyver »

What’s your dish size?.

In that area is possible receive the UK spot signal from Astra 28.2e with a minimum 90cm or 1m dish size, but is quite important a good lnb quality & correctly fitted.

Select the position Astra 28.2e on your receiver and do a blind scan. The receiver is going to find all frecuencies received with enough signal with your dish (footprints 2E/2G/2F are located at the same position 28.2e). After this you will check on the receiver the signal information on each frecuency, and you will observe the european beam frequencies are stronger than UK spot frequencies.
(2E or 2G or 2F frecuencies will also show slightly different signal levels). Receiver is not going to show you if frecuencies are from 2E or 2G or 2F, if you wanna know this info check it on a specialized website like flysat or kingofsat).

In order to test if your dish size is working correctly try to do a manual search with these two frequencies:
-11265 Horizontal SR 27500 (European beam frequency with FTA channels as Magic TV, The Box, Kerrrang or Kiss TV)
-10906 Vertical SR 22000. (UK spot beam with ITV1, ITV3 & ITV4). This is one of the stronger frecuencies from the UK spot beam, so you can check if your dish is receiving this UK spot beam where are located the most popular UK TV channels).

Small or big size dishes will receive the first frecuency with high quality signal.
If the receiver is not able to lock on the second one (10906V), problem could be a small dish size, a bad fitted alignment or LNB malfunction if the dish size is 90cm or more.

Please let us know your results about this.

Good luck!!
Madrid(Spain).V8 UHD,V8 pro2 & V8x.Disecq 16x1.
Hellas 39°E-Astra 28.2°E-Badr 26°E 1.2m
Astra 19.2°E & 23.5ºE-Hotbird 13°E 80cm
Thor/Intelsat 0.8-1°W - Eutelsat 5ºW & 9E - Bulgariasat 1.9ºE - 80cm
Hispasat 30°W 80cm
Telstar 15°W 60cm

Captain Ron

Post by Captain Ron »

IMO Gyver is right on,,,,,where you are at in SE Spain is getting into the (fringe signal) for Astra 2e/f/g so you likely need a good sized dish and good alignments on Dish and good LNB that is tweaked perfectly to draw it in.

If all still fails you could try a Satellite Signal Booster that uses some of the LNB voltage and can give you about a 20 db signal gain to help the receiver pull in the signal, not all receivers have the same sensitivity. Satellite finders like the Tech used to adjust the dish is likely extremely sensitive while Sat receivers are less so.

Good Luck ! :D

juan_vale
网站管理员

Post by juan_vale »

Looking at the details on Lyngsat

Code: Select all

https://www.lyngsat.com/Astra-2E.html
there are two 'beams', the 'Europe Ku' which has a wide footprint and covers all of Spain as well as the UK,

http://www.lyngsat-maps.com/footprints/Astra-2E-Europe-Ku.html
and the 'UK' beam which covers the UK and northern France.

http://www.lyngsat-maps.com/footprints/Astra-2E-UK.html

The channels you want to watch are on the UK beam, so you will need a large antenna, I would say at least a 1.2m.

I imagine the person you contracted to adjust your antenna did so using one of the Europe Ku frequencies. Now you want to use one of the UK frequencies and your small dish is just not going to do it. If you do a blind scan of the satellite(s) you will see what you can receive at the moment.
Good luck.
No live links (Rule #18) highlight the URL and use the Code tag option "</>"
V7HD, V8SUPER, V8X, V7PRO, GTC, FORMULER F4(TURBO)

macp99

Post by macp99 »

Thanks everyone for your comments.
I have a Favamal dish 1.2m in size. so should be able to get the UK channels per your comments, but when I do a blind scan Astra 2E does not show up (I get the other Astra signals but not 28.2 which is what I need). By the sounds of it the GT Media box should be picking up the signal (if it's there), so maybe the sat dish needs adjusting. I am not really technical in this area so will have to call the satellite guy back to ensure that it is pointing in exactly the right direction.

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

Most of the channels that you require (after checking Lyngsat) are on the tight UK Spot Beam.
You may have to go with receiving your few channels from 27.5w.
Best bet is pay a visit to your local satellite dealer, have a look at other dishes in your area and see were they are pointing.

Best of luck

Den

gyver

Post by gyver »

Please let us know any of the TV channels that you are receiving (with the frecuency detail), in order to help you about the satellite position of your dish.

Probably if it was fitted to Astra 19.2°e. You can test this doing a manual frecuency search on 11229 Vertical SR 22000. If you receive BBC World Service HD and Aljazeera English HD, Astra 19.2° is the satellite position of your dish).
Madrid(Spain).V8 UHD,V8 pro2 & V8x.Disecq 16x1.
Hellas 39°E-Astra 28.2°E-Badr 26°E 1.2m
Astra 19.2°E & 23.5ºE-Hotbird 13°E 80cm
Thor/Intelsat 0.8-1°W - Eutelsat 5ºW & 9E - Bulgariasat 1.9ºE - 80cm
Hispasat 30°W 80cm
Telstar 15°W 60cm

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”