V8 finder BT03

V8 NOVA / V8 HONOR / V8 PRO2/V8 UHD / V8X

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

glswartos

V8 finder BT03

Post by glswartos »

Trying to get my newly installed Orby tv satelitte dish to get the signal. Giving me fits. I've followed all instructions on using the V8 finder. On my smart phone the signal quality is 0%. The strength is 92% but the graph is red, not green. No matter how I move the dish the signal strength, and the graph color never changes. What am I doing wrong? Any advice is appreciated.

STRETCH

Re: V8 finder BT03

Post by STRETCH »

Have a look at "dishpointer.com", put in your location and the satellite that you require, and then search, move the cross to where your dish is, this site as gives you other info , skew of lnb / elev of dish etc

Good luck

Den

glswartos

Post by glswartos »

Den,
Thanks for the advice. Got it working. Didn't realize the signal was not easy to find. I had elevation, azimuth and skew set the best my eyeball could do. Moved the dish around slightly and got the signal, green bars, not red. Didn't realize it was that sensitive. In the 80's I installed the old giant C band dishes, not near as sensitive.

akisakio

Post by akisakio »

yea, i used dishpointer.com as well to get an idea of where to point the dish. then i used a meter that attached to one end of receiver and the dish. so that when you do find the signal will beep really load. i also used a compass which i set on top of the bracket that holds the dish to get a good 99% signal.
also found some other signals in other directions by using this method.

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

glswartos
Glad to hear that you are sorted

Den

gasan36

Post by gasan36 »

After upgrading 21.10.2021 with Play Market Android, the program stopped running
Help

Tom.w
网站管理员

Post by Tom.w »

gasan36 wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:36 pm
After upgrading 21.10.2021 with Play Market Android, the program stopped running
Help
please take a photo of the issue, we check it

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”