GTMedia V8X test results

V8 NOVA / V8 HONOR / V8 PRO2/V8 UHD / V8X

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

ZOO

Re: GTMedia V8X test results

Post by ZOO »

I to have a V8 Orange and am wanting to transfer the sat ch list to the new V8X. I see that there is mention to start from scratch or use the NA Sat list that has been posted. Thanks very much for the NA Sat list but there is many sats missing I can see that are not in there.Also all the switch settings.

It would be much better to just transfer the sat,ch list from the Orange.The bugs are only limited to the channels themselves or the ch`s and the sat list? If the bugs are limited to only the ch`s then it still would be more time saving to just delete all ch`s and rescan rather than start totally from scratch.

Please do not take this the wrong way whoever spent the time to create a NA sat list for the V8X but it does not fit my needs and is missing many sats.

Thanks.
ZOO

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

Transfer of the sat/channel list does save time, you can amend the missing letters from each channel as you go along.

Best of luck

Den

cpr43
网站管理员

Post by cpr43 »

ZOO wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:01 pm
I to have a V8 Orange and am wanting to transfer the sat ch list to the new V8X. I see that there is mention to start from scratch or use the NA Sat list that has been posted. Thanks very much for the NA Sat list but there is many sats missing I can see that are not in there.Also all the switch settings.

It would be much better to just transfer the sat,ch list from the Orange.The bugs are only limited to the channels themselves or the ch`s and the sat list? If the bugs are limited to only the ch`s then it still would be more time saving to just delete all ch`s and rescan rather than start totally from scratch.

Please do not take this the wrong way whoever spent the time to create a NA sat list for the V8X but it does not fit my needs and is missing many sats.

Thanks.
ZOO
You can probably do the exercise for the benefit of others. I see you are part of the listed testers. Go either way and post results. You can also download existing NA sat list, modify as per your inputs and submit to be post. Also, you can start from scratch, that is part of the beta testers. I don't think it will be good idea to post a sat list DB that came from a V8 Nova based on other testers results inputs.

cpr43
网站管理员

Post by cpr43 »

STRETCH wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:30 pm
Transfer of the sat/channel list does save time, you can amend the missing letters from each channel as you go along.

Best of luck

Den
Easy route is not always the best choice. Beta testers are asking to fully test. More than one user have report strange behavior using the Nova sat list. No idea why its hard to understand. We can't push future clients to use something that is doubtful. I guess both sat list DB will be merge in the future but at the moment there are concerns.

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

Noted, all users are using the receiver in various ways, so we are all finding bugs of some sort, which will keep the engineers busy to solve .

Den

pante

Post by pante »

przeeemek1 wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:10 pm
My mistake. I am ashamed. You can import a list of channels from v8nova, but channel names are "cut" from the first two characters.

First bug on translations. Polish language.

Menu - Narzędzia - Dostęp warunkowy - Ustawienie opuźnienia TS.

Should be - "ustawienie opóźnienia TS"
Hello, the translation will be corrected.

I noticed that the card reader doesn't read my cards. SECA, CONAX. It doesn't read cards from the splitter either.

ZOO

Post by ZOO »

Units are here. I seen the ch names of the first few letters disappear when using a list from the Orange.Decided to use the NA sat list posted here in the forum.Will add to this at a later time and post.

First thing I wanted to try was the Music Choice ACM channels on Galaxy 14 125w 4140 V 30000.Audio is playing fine.Video is intermittent

Shall I send a TS stream to fix this?.

Cant eat an elephant in 1 bite. 1 bite at a time. :)

goldman

Post by goldman »

ZOO wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:06 pm
Units are here. I seen the ch names of the first few letters disappear when using a list from the Orange.Decided to use the NA sat list posted here in the forum.Will add to this at a later time and post.

First thing I wanted to try was the Music Choice ACM channels on Galaxy 14 125w 4140 V 30000.Audio is playing fine.Video is intermittent

Shall I send a TS stream to fix this?.

Cant eat an elephant in 1 bite. 1 bite at a time. :)
well its awesome you can scan these in I tried it on the nova and got nothing, but speak for yourself I can eat a elephant in one bite lol jk.... hoping the GT media team can get these going smooth on the V8X!

ZOO

Post by ZOO »

Well the signal is an ACM signal and the Nova is not capable of that Goldman.

After more tinkering I have noticed all is fine so far after loading the V8 Orange sat,ch list to the V8X. Delete all ch`s and a rescan the ch`s come in fine without missing the first few letters of the ch names.

Much more testing to do but so far so good.

ZOO

Post by ZOO »

As previously mentioned in the thread about transfering a sat ch list from the orange to the V8X it does work but does cut,eliminate the first few characters from the ch names.The sat list looks fine with no problems.

Starting fresh would have been very time consuming for a person with an elaborate switching and satellite view of the clarke belt so I went with just deleting all tv and radio ch`s and starting a fresh scan of each satellite after all deletion.

Using the updated editor that has the V8X added I was able to add many radio chs that can only be inputted by way of the editor and all worked good.

So far after doing this and deleting all ch`s then rescanning I see no problems so far.

I would like to get the MC ACM ch`s on 125w squared away. Will be sending a recording soon.Hopefully this can be fixed.

przeeemek1

Post by przeeemek1 »

Firmware bug.

After press "OK" you can display Big chanel list on the TV. After this you lose signal for 1-2 seconds. I checked and there is no problem with v8nova Orange.

cpr43
网站管理员

Post by cpr43 »

przeeemek1 wrote:
Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:40 am
Firmware bug.

After press "OK" you can display Big chanel list on the TV. After this you lose signal for 1-2 seconds. I checked and there is no problem with v8nova Orange.
New file posted today to fix such problems:

viewtopic.php?f=40&t=18373

juan_vale
网站管理员

Post by juan_vale »

My first observations:
I have not updated the firmware so far, just added my softcam file and scanned 125w. To my surprise the Music Choice channels are working. Only having one USB socket is a problem as it means having to move the box every time you want to plug in the USB memory, so I am using a usb extension to get round the problem.

IPTV.
a.- Customize works fine but only recognises the file when it is named "iptvlist.txt". Using the other two file names (custom_url.m3u and custom_url.m3u8) it appears to load the file but the customize icon remains hidden.

b.- Xtream works. It will import the server data from Xtream.txt on the usb memory drive, all of the user data is loaded and it will connect to the server and play the channel.
No live links (Rule #18) highlight the URL and use the Code tag option "</>"
V7HD, V8SUPER, V8X, V7PRO, GTC, FORMULER F4(TURBO)

ZOO

Post by ZOO »

juan_vale wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:41 pm
My first observations:
I have not updated the firmware so far, just added my softcam file and scanned 125w. To my surprise the Music Choice channels are working. Only having one USB socket is a problem as it means having to move the box every time you want to plug in the USB memory, so I am using a usb extension to get round the problem.

IPTV.
a.- Customize works fine but only recognises the file when it is named "iptvlist.txt". Using the other two file names (custom_url.m3u and custom_url.m3u8) it appears to load the file but the customize icon remains hidden.

b.- Xtream works. It will import the server data from Xtream.txt on the usb memory drive, all of the user data is loaded and it will connect to the server and play the channel.
You mentioned the Music Choice ch`sare working.This is partially true with the V8X here. I tried with the original sw it came with and also the newest sw and the same results are the audio plays but the video is intermittent. I hope the engineers can fix this with the transport stream I have sent.

Other than this it so far has been a fairly nice receiver right out of the box.Would expect some bugs as new as it is but no doubt the team will work on it. :)

juan_vale
网站管理员

Post by juan_vale »

ZOO wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:34 pm
the audio plays but the video is intermittent. I hope the engineers can fix this with the transport stream I have sent.
Yes, same here... as it's the first time they have worked for me I thought it might be that's the way it is, here's hoping they can fix it as there is a lot of good music there... 8-)

Also YouTube works, I can search for a channel but unable to save it to a list for future use... not a big deal but would be nice not to have to use the search function every time...just commenting.

alex.c
网站管理员

Post by alex.c »

I don't realy understand the problems.
Can anyone please list them again for me?

juan_vale
网站管理员

Post by juan_vale »

alex.c wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:26 am
Hi alex.c,
on 125w 4140V there is a music mux. Before we were unable to open the channels but now with the V8x they will open. The music comes through ok, but the video that is sent with the music is intermittent. It may be that is the way it is, I have never opened that TP before. ZOO said he had sent a TS recording to you to see if there is a solution. Is this what you was asking about or is it something else ???

alex.c
网站管理员

Post by alex.c »

juan_vale wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:46 am
alex.c wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:26 am
Hi alex.c,
on 125w 4140V there is a music mux. Before we were unable to open the channels but now with the V8x they will open. The music comes through ok, but the video that is sent with the music is intermittent. It may be that is the way it is, I have never opened that TP before. ZOO said he had sent a TS recording to you to see if there is a solution. Is this what you was asking about or is it something else ???
Yes, thank you for explanation.
Now I know what's the issue.
I will check if it can be fixed.

juan_vale
网站管理员

Post by juan_vale »

not a big deal, the music is there all the time, I also checked the IPTV and the customize and Xtream are working fine...thank you.

alex.c
网站管理员

Post by alex.c »

MC.png
MC.png (6.14 KiB) Viewed 2335 times
Only one video program, 1 HD and 1 SD. right?
I checked the stream from ZOO, that's not good.
Can you please record a new TS stream for me?
Not PVR, just whole TP record.

juan_vale
网站管理员

Post by juan_vale »

Sure...no problem...the video is details of the music...not live video like singers or dancers...maybe a photo of the artist...I will record and send some screenshots as well.

ZOO

Post by ZOO »

Not sure why my Transport Stream did not work. Nothing wrong with it here. I can redo and resend if the stream is still needed? Thanks juan_vale

One thing that would be nice to be added is a distinguish from a regular S2 signal and a S2X signal. Example as the V8X is blindscanning it would be very nice to show the signal scanning in as S2,S2X and the modulation along with the FEC.

Thanks for the support.

ZOO

juan_vale
网站管理员

Post by juan_vale »

ZOO wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:02 am
Not sure why my Transport Stream did not work. Nothing wrong with it here. I can redo and resend if the stream is still needed? Thanks juan_vale
ZOO
I couldn't make the recording either, I can record all the other transponders on that sat but 4140 just sits there when I click on the start button. I sent in some screenshots of the record problem and they say they are gonna work on it. I also sent a short video of the effect and they now know what the problem is. My V8Super doesn't even see the transponder and the data on Lyngsat is old so not much use. So, thank you as well... cheers.

alex.c
网站管理员

Post by alex.c »

ZOO wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:02 am

One thing that would be nice to be added is a distinguish from a regular S2 signal and a S2X signal. Example as the V8X is blindscanning it would be very nice to show the signal scanning in as S2,S2X and the modulation along with the FEC.

Thanks for the support.

ZOO
If you can, please record the TS stream for me.
Until now, I didn't get the stream.
Maybe something is wrong, but if you can record, send it me.
By the way, I need the whole TP record.

ZOO

Post by ZOO »

Will do later tonight. Thanks Alex. ZOO

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”