GTMedia V8X test results

V8 NOVA / V8 HONOR / V8 PRO2/V8 UHD / V8X

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

ZOO

Re: GTMedia V8X test results

Post by ZOO »

New Transport Stream sent. This should do you good GTMedia team.
Thanks. ZOO.

juan_vale
网站管理员

Post by juan_vale »

Hi ZOO,
are you making the recording using the V8x or some other device ??? thank you.
No live links (Rule #18) highlight the URL and use the Code tag option "</>"
V7HD, V8SUPER, V8X, V7PRO, GTC, FORMULER F4(TURBO)

ZOO

Post by ZOO »

juan_vale wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 2:06 am
Hi ZOO,
are you making the recording using the V8x or some other device ??? thank you.
Computer with Trans Edit. I hope this works and can be fixed.Am sure it can be implemented into the new V8UHD. :)

juan_vale
网站管理员

Post by juan_vale »

@alex.c FYI the intermittent video does not happen when using GTShare, it is 100% solid on my cellphone but flickering on and off on the TV. Maybe that will tell you where the problem is.

alex.c
网站管理员

Post by alex.c »

juan_vale wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:45 pm
@alex.c FYI the intermittent video does not happen when using GTShare, it is 100% solid on my cellphone but flickering on and off on the TV. Maybe that will tell you where the problem is.
Thank you, sir.
I have known that V8X maybe have a bug when the bitrate of stream is very slow.
But I didn't receive the stream yet. Please someone send it to me.

ZOO

Post by ZOO »

I have resent the transport stream alexc .Perhaps I sent to the wrong email. Which email would you like me to resend it to. Will have a link in the cloud. It will be later tonight before I will be able to do this. Thanks ZOO.

ZOO

Post by ZOO »

Link to the TS in the cloud is resent. I also sent a pm to you alexc with the email address it was sent to along with the link.

Thanks.
ZOO.

MinnPinn

Post by MinnPinn »

I have had the GT Media V8X now for 2 weeks now and I got to say its a nice receiver but I have a few problems. the main grip is the remote control range is poor you have to aim the remote right at the receiver, like in my case we sit back a little over 20-Ft from the TV and I am off to a side about 4-Ft from being inline with the receiver, an it will not pick up the remote control, now the V8X replaced the V7 ATSC and that did not have this problem. 2nd grip is its recording, when you have a recording that's larger than 4GB you can play the 1st recording but not the others it shows the program and only "GT Media" is displayed, and noting I have tried have worked for the play back.

Thank You GT Media, I am sure these bugs can be worked out.

ZOO

Post by ZOO »

Another test result. When clicking on the audio button to change the audio PID it does not change to the correct audio PID. Just complete silence.Once the receiver is rebooted it works with the audio PID selected. Would be great for this to work without a reboot. Simply click on the selected audio PID and it is done.

Going back to 125w ACM Music Choice ch`s. Have sent a couple transport streams. Hope this can be fixed.

Thanks GTMedia.
ZOO.

ginogenie

Post by ginogenie »

Bugs

1. If you have more than 50 recorded programs, the Record tab will show the list of only 50 records even if you have 100 or 200 program records.
2. If you record HD Biss channel for example Pasifika TV (Intelsat 19 -- 4146 V 8400). The recorded program is unwatchable because the audio and video will be jumpy and out or order (The channel is decoded correctly and can be viewed but the recorded content has the problem).

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

ginogenie wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:51 pm
Bugs

1. If you have more than 50 recorded programs, the Record tab will show the list of only 50 records even if you have 100 or 200 program records.
2. If you record HD Biss channel for example Pasifika TV (Intelsat 19 -- 4146 V 8400). The recorded program is unwatchable because the audio and video will be jumpy and out or order (The channel is decoded correctly and can be viewed but the recorded content has the problem).
I will test record Pasifika TV (Intelsat 19 -- 4146 V 8400) channel here.
I find it needs the best signal quality of all the isat19@166e channel I get.

Edited:
My dish is being pushed around by gusty winds today, so my reception for PacificaTV is interrupted.
I did do a record. and yes the sound is delayed.
My picture stops starts now and then while viewing, and always has done for this channel.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

ChiBoy

Post by ChiBoy »

Several times I've recorded 3-hour Powervu programs and they always end up in 3 separate record files. Is this normal?

Wondering also if anyone is using timeshift, skip forward, skip back, pause live recording, etc. successfully? I have not had success with these features on this or the V8 Orange. Maybe I need to make settings changes?

Thanks

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

ChiBoy wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:40 pm
Several times I've recorded 3-hour Powervu programs and they always end up in 3 separate record files. Is this normal?

Wondering also if anyone is using timeshift, skip forward, skip back, pause live recording, etc. successfully? I have not had success with these features on this or the V8 Orange. Maybe I need to make settings changes?

Thanks
I will test the V8X time shift soon.
Did you see the report I did on the time shift in the UHD?

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

The time shift function wants to use buttons that are not on the new V8X V8UHD remote.
There is a pause / play and a stop button only.
The red button will take you to the start of the paused recording and the green button will take you to the current time of the recording.
If you have an older remote with rewind and fast forward you can us those functions.

I will email Lining with this issue.

My suggestion will be for the left and right arrows to be made to function as rewind and fast forward after the OK button is pressed to bring up the recording window.
They may decide to use the yellow and blue buttons for this.
I will also ask that when they do this that they do not disable the correct buttons for the older remotes. That is please leave the fast forward and rewind buttons on older remotes still working with the V8X as well as the left right arrow.

Owen

Lining
网站管理员

Post by Lining »

Feralkiwi wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:31 pm
The time shift function wants to use buttons that are not on the new V8X V8UHD remote.
There is a pause / play and a stop button only.
The red button will take you to the start of the paused recording and the green button will take you to the current time of the recording.
If you have an older remote with rewind and fast forward you can us those functions.

I will email Lining with this issue.

My suggestion will be for the left and right arrows to be made to function as rewind and fast forward after the OK button is pressed to bring up the recording window.
They may decide to use the yellow and blue buttons for this.
I will also ask that when they do this that they do not disable the correct buttons for the older remotes. That is please leave the fast forward and rewind buttons on older remotes still working with the V8X as well as the left right arrow.

Owen

Thank you for your feedback, I will pay attention to what you said, PVR recording issues and time shift issues
FREESAT brand change GT MEDlA

ChiBoy

Post by ChiBoy »

Feralkiwi wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:46 pm
ChiBoy wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:40 pm

Thanks
I will test the V8X time shift soon.
Did you see the report I did on the time shift in the UHD?

Owen
Thanks Owen, for referring me to your UHD report. It was helpful.

In addition to my V8X Powervu recordings (that get broken into multiple record files), I recorded an hour of a BISS program successfully (in 1 record file). The "jump, pause" PVR functions worked well for all finished recordings. These functions don't seem to work during a live recording. So if I start recording, pause it, then unpause 5 mins later, the recording jumps ahead to the live program, which eliminates the "jump" ahead or back option.

Just thought I'd bring that up in case it's something that could be changed. Most PVR's/DVR's allow you to pause a live recording, and when unpausing, allow you to pick up where you left off, jump ahead or back, etc.

iq180
网站管理员

Post by iq180 »

At last I got my test V8-X today, good news is the radio CHs on 125.0w TP-4140-V-30000 work, I had to scan radio and TV CHs to get all of them, there is a problem with the TV side of the CHs, is should play info on the TV screen but info comes in then goes off then back on, over and over, the sound is fine.

juan_vale
网站管理员

Post by juan_vale »

iq180 wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:11 pm
At last I got my test V8-X today, good news is the radio CHs on 125.0w TP-4140-V-30000 work, I had to scan radio and TV CHs to get all of them, there is a problem with the TV side of the CHs, is should play info on the TV screen but info comes in then goes off then back on, over and over, the sound is fine.
Glad you got the box, mine took just as long... I had it picked up on Wednesday so now I have two of them as I purchased one about a month ago. The Music Choice problem has been worked on >> viewtopic.php?p=76399#p76399 << and will work correctly in the next firmware update. If you download the GTShare app and put it on your cellphone you will see the video is fine, just a problem on the V8x at the moment. I havn't found any major problems, just a few small problems which I am assured will be fixed.

iq180
网站管理员

Post by iq180 »

I just wanted to add, the Music Choice CHs on 125.0w TP-4140 if you record it to a usb drive it will play back perfect on the computer, I didn't have time to try play back on the V-8-X, I will test that when I get home.

ZOO

Post by ZOO »

Nice work alex.c and GTMedia team. 125w 4140 v 30000 is working properly with new sw version 09/07/2020. Thanks guys.

alex.c
网站管理员

Post by alex.c »

ZOO wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:45 pm
Nice work alex.c and GTMedia team. 125w 4140 v 30000 is working properly with new sw version 09/07/2020. Thanks guys.
My pleasure, sir.

ginogenie

Post by ginogenie »

Feralkiwi wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:19 pm
ginogenie wrote:
Bugs

Edited:
My dish is being pushed around by gusty winds today, so my reception for PacificaTV is interrupted.
My picture stops starts now and then while viewing, and always has done for this channel.

Owen
I updated my V8 X to the latest firmware (09/07/2020). My 2 reported problems still exist.

1. Press the PVR button (Yellow button) on the remote, it will show the maximum recording list of only 49 programs. I have recorded over 300 programs but V8X shows only 49 programs when pressing the PVR button. I also have V8 Nova Orange and V8 Super. Both of them can display the content inside the PVRS folder correctly with 300+ programs. V8X shows only 49 programs, so I cannot view the recorded program that I've just recently recorded on the V8X.

2. If you record HD Biss encrypted channel Pasifika TV (Intelsat 19 -- 4146 V 8400), the recorded program is unwatchable because the audio and video will be jumpy and out of sequences(The channel is decrypted correctly and can be viewed without problem but the recorded content has the problem). I also tried recording this channel on V8 Super and V8 Nova Orange and both of them can record this channel without any problem.

GTMedia please fix my reported problems. Thank you.

alex.c
网站管理员

Post by alex.c »

ginogenie wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:50 pm
Feralkiwi wrote:
ginogenie wrote:
Bugs

Edited:

Owen
I updated my V8 X to the latest firmware (09/07/2020). My 2 reported problems still exist.

1. Press the PVR button (Yellow button) on the remote, it will show the maximum recording list of only 49 programs. I have recorded over 300 programs but V8X shows only 49 programs when pressing the PVR button. I also have V8 Nova Orange and V8 Super. Both of them can display the content inside the PVRS folder correctly with 300+ programs. V8X shows only 49 programs, so I cannot view the recorded program that I've just recently recorded on the V8X.

2. If you record HD Biss encrypted channel Pasifika TV (Intelsat 19 -- 4146 V 8400), the recorded program is unwatchable because the audio and video will be jumpy and out of sequences(The channel is decrypted correctly and can be viewed without problem but the recorded content has the problem). I also tried recording this channel on V8 Super and V8 Nova Orange and both of them can record this channel without any problem.

Thank you, sir.
I just put it into the bug tracking list.
We will fix it. And you will see.

ginogenie

Post by ginogenie »

alex.c wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:02 pm
ginogenie wrote:
Feralkiwi wrote:
ginogenie wrote:
Bugs

Edited:

Owen

Thank you, sir.
Thank you. I will wait for the fix.

Lining
网站管理员

Post by Lining »

ginogenie wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:24 pm
alex.c wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:02 pm
ginogenie wrote:
Feralkiwi wrote:
ginogenie wrote:
Bugs

Edited:

Owen

Thank you, sir.
Thank you. I will wait for the fix.
HD Biss encrypted channel Pasifika TV (Intelsat 19 - 4146 V 8400), can you record TS stream, upload cloud disk, send me? I proceed to solve this problem,
FREESAT brand change GT MEDlA

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”