V8 NOVA / V8 HONOR / V8 PRO2/V8 UHD / V8X

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Re: GTMEDIA_V8 Series Bug Tracking System: Dish Network Bug

Post by Feralkiwi »

SRT5555 wrote:
Thu Dec 09, 2021 3:58 pm
I think I just found a new bug/feature. I have the dish pointed at 129W and I am successfully tuned in to a transponder (image xxx_101109.jpg with the frequency of interest (FOI) highlighted). Now with the dish at 129W, almost all the signals to the right of the FOI are from the Dish Network Satellite. The blind search does NOT pick up any of the Dish Network transponders, it appears to stop at 12.2GHz. If I manually setup a transponder for the appropiate frequency and bitrate (12.297 GHZ/21500 kbps, pol same as first example, data obtained from Lyngsat for Ceil-2), I get nothing (image xxx_101228 again with the FOI highlighted). While I do not expect to view the channels, I should be able to tune in the TP. The Dish Network signal strengths are booming relative to the FTA signals. What's up with this? I like to use the Dish Network/DirevTV satellites as positional beacons.
I had something like this here in New Zealand with one signal from one satellite.
Only my V8 UHD unit would show this signal, all other GT Media units did not scan it or show any signal for it.
This may be a new type of signal format.
I posted on this TP here.
It does not scan with the V8UHD unit now and may be gone.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

muhnnad

Re: GTMEDIA_V8 Series Bug Tracking System

Post by muhnnad »

V8 uhd

In the new update 20/10/2021
cccam does not work on. (bulgaria sat 1.9e)

I went back to the previous update 27/9/2021
Cccam He's working
It unlocks encrypted channels

There is a problem with the new update

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Did you set up your ccam accounts and the net setting with the new software?

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

muhnnad

Post by muhnnad »

I added cccam
hotbird 13e works
hellas sat 39e works
Eutlsat 16e works

Bulgaria 1.9e (not works)
I did a factory reset.
I also turned on and off skip CW
Encrypted channels are still closed to Bulgaria 1.9e
I updated my palace to a previous version 27-9-2021
I tested the encrypted channels are hes working on Bulgaria 1.9e
There is a problem with the latest update 20-10-2021

Please fix this problem in the next update

Area51

Post by Area51 »

Al apagar el V8x no guarda las DNS. Salen por defecto las del router. 192.168.1.1 que son las del puerta de enlace.

SRT5555

GTMEDIA_V8 Series Bug Tracking System: Uncommanded dish movement

Post by SRT5555 »

I have found another bug/feature in the V8x firmware that is a show stopper as far as sat searching is concerned. This bug occurs when you are in the diseqc setting menu AND you have an already saved satelite position for the entry. Say you've actually locked onto the wrong satellite and need to move the dish. The system WILL NOT let you move the dish to search for another bird. Pressing West/East a couple of times will move the dish for only a few seconds, then it RETURNS to its saved position. :evil: This behavior is also seen if you try to move the dish manually at the HH rotor. You can move the dish away from its setpoint only a little bit, then it dutifully return back to its old setpoint :evil: :evil: I would have to shoot a movie to show the behavior at the the receiver (watching the signal with the spectrum analyzer) or outside at the dish. Again, the receiver is in the diseqc setting mode, the receiver should not be constantly re-setting the dish back to its old position, it is exactly what you are trying to change at that moment... :roll: The only known workaround to this is to step the rotor one or two times (West or East) and QUICKLY save the new position.

Tom.w
网站管理员

Post by Tom.w »

hello

thank you very much.
we will check this motor issue.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Re: GTMEDIA_V8 Series Bug Tracking System: Uncommanded dish movement

Post by Feralkiwi »

SRT5555 wrote:
Tue Dec 14, 2021 1:01 am
I have found another bug/feature in the V8x firmware that is a show stopper as far as sat searching is concerned. This bug occurs when you are in the diseqc setting menu AND you have an already saved satelite position for the entry. Say you've actually locked onto the wrong satellite and need to move the dish. The system WILL NOT let you move the dish to search for another bird. Pressing West/East a couple of times will move the dish for only a few seconds, then it RETURNS to its saved position. :evil: This behavior is also seen if you try to move the dish manually at the HH rotor. You can move the dish away from its setpoint only a little bit, then it dutifully return back to its old setpoint :evil: :evil: I would have to shoot a movie to show the behavior at the the receiver (watching the signal with the spectrum analyzer) or outside at the dish. Again, the receiver is in the diseqc setting mode, the receiver should not be constantly re-setting the dish back to its old position, it is exactly what you are trying to change at that moment... :roll: The only known workaround to this is to step the rotor one or two times (West or East) and QUICKLY save the new position.
I have also seen this return to position while I try to move the dish to a new position using the east west.
I find it on the GT Combo.

It will be from the "No Signal" re transmission of the DiSEqC commands, including the position command.
If there is no signal lock for the current channel / TP the unit will re send the commands.

I wonder if changing the position to zero and save that zero will stop this while east west moving is done.
I will test this idea with my V8x.

Owen

Edited;

I did some tests with my GT Combo.
To stop the "No Signal" resend of DiSEqC commands to the motor, yes changing the position number when you open the motor menu works. Zero is not there so I used 255 on the GT Combo. The V8X may not have numbers that high, but use a number that is not saved as a location in the motor so when the re send command is sent the motor will not move as that position number is not known.
It may also be wise to go to the motor menu from the satellite you are working on, so that the current channel is not a different satellite with a different position. This would depend on what info the unit is re sending, the current channel or the satellite you are working the position for. You will know when you first test this.
When you have found the position for the motor you want, change back the position number and save it.

The other thing I found with the GT Combo DiSEqC motor control is that if I press continuations move and the OK to stop it when I see a signal, the motor does not stop even though the menu now shows "Stop". I need to press the other arrow button once.
Doing these two things and I could find and set a DiSEqC motor position a lot easier than before.

Owen

SRT5555

Re: GTMEDIA_V8 Series Bug Tracking System: Uncommanded dish movement

Post by SRT5555 »

Feralkiwi wrote:
Tue Dec 14, 2021 8:34 pm

I have also seen this return to position while I try to move the dish to a new position using the east west.
I find it on the GT Combo.

It will be from the "No Signal" re transmission of the DiSEqC commands, including the position command.
If there is no signal lock for the current channel / TP the unit will re send the commands.
You've hit the nail on the head. The retransmission of the DiSeqC commands need to be disabled during search or turned off altogether. I'm tired of fighting the machine. I am effectivly trying to do double blind searches - point the dish and see what shows up. If the dish is really pointed to nowhere, I want to be the one to have ultimate control of the dish, not the box. At one time I thought that the rotor was broken because I could not manualy move the dish more than a few steps at a time.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

I have since tuned to two more sats by changing the position number to 255 while I set up and move as I want.

Owen

SRT5555

Post by SRT5555 »

Feralkiwi wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 2:44 am
I have since tuned to two more sats by changing the position number to 255 while I set up and move as I want.

Owen
Firmare 298 (I'm not updating until I can successfully save/reload my sat/channel list)

I'm running the V8x so all I can go up to is position 63 (or is it the DiSeqC motor that's communicating that?). I also have the option of selecting the NULL position.

Right now, I am searching for available birds near 30W. I will start at 30W and move the dish east/west. I am looking at the antenna feed with the spectrum analyzer and I see the peaks for the signal coming from 30W. I am setting up satellite 23 with TP set to NO_TP and saving position set to NULL. I've hit the west button 16 times and have seen the peaks start to flatten. Now I stop pressing any buttons on the remote. In a few second the peaks strengthen back to their pre movement levels!! :evil: :evil: The only workaround to this is to step the dish 3-4 times and save the new position. This problem gets more irritating the more satellites you have set up. Right now I'm going from 15W to 129W. If my blind search does not find anythig, the unit decides to move the dish to another satellite in the list whether you wanted it or not...

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

That must be the current channel position that it is returning to.

Try this. Set up a test satellite. Change the position to one you already have set in the motor.
Scan in some channels.
Watch one of those channels and then go to the motor control for that test satellite.
This will make the test satellite the current sat / channel.
Then when you change the position number to one not saved, the resent commands should be for that un saved position and the dish should not move.
Then when you move and find a new sat position, change to the position number you need and save.
That will save the position to the motor, so when you again change the test sat to a un saved position the motor will again not move.
You can then set up the correct satellite and the position number you have saved to the motor will be used.

Yes the limit of position numbers (63) is set by the software in the V8X.
I thought GT Media had made changes to allow up to 99. That may have been the V8Pro2.
I have in the past used a hex editor to change the position numbers to higher ones for a user who needed more then 63.

I will try this With my own V8X later today.

Owen

SRT5555

Post by SRT5555 »

Feralkiwi wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 9:11 pm
That must be the current channel position that it is returning to.

1>Try this. Set up a test satellite. Change the position to one you already have set in the motor.
2>Scan in some channels.
3>Watch one of those channels and then go to the motor control for that test satellite.
This will make the test satellite the current sat / channel.
4>Then when you change the position number to one not saved, the resent commands should be for that un saved position and the dish should not move.
5>Then when you move and find a new sat position, change to the position number you need and save.
6>That will save the position to the motor, so when you again change the test sat to a un saved position the motor will again not move.
You can then set up the correct satellite and the position number you have saved to the motor will be used.

Yes the limit of position numbers (63) is set by the software in the V8X.
I thought GT Media had made changes to allow up to 99. That may have been the V8Pro2.
I have in the past used a hex editor to change the position numbers to higher ones for a user who needed more then 63.

I will try this With my own V8X later today.

Owen
That procedure failed miserably at step 5. Every time I tried to move the dish, the receiver decided to reset it back to the old position. I then tried moving the dish hitting east twice in quick succession. I've managed to have it against one of the hard stops when I saved the position. Now the dish is stuck in place as the receiver refuses to let me back it off the stop, even when I try to manually control the dish at the motor. Again, in the dish setting mode, the user should have absolute control of the dish. This is the second time this lockup has occured. The only way I've found to fix this is to factory reset the receiver and start over, but that does not solve the core problem. The entire feature of retransmitting DiSeqC commands needs to be removed...

SRT5555

GTMEDIA_V8 Series Bug Tracking System: Setting Position Limit

Post by SRT5555 »

I think I may have found yet another bug/feature. While trying to set the dish, I have managed to lock the dish rotor up hard (manual control was not even working). As it turns out, through some unlisted combination of keypresses on the remote, I am setting the dish limits, not the desired dish position. I do not normally set dish limits period. I have run into this locked-up behavior twice. The first time I factory reset the V8x and all function was restored, the second time I connected the dish to a separate receiver which showed the same locked dish behavior. On that receiver I cleared the dish limits (It must be stored in the motor) and all was restored back to functionality. Now that I see the problem and what resolves it, I will be paying closer attention to what key combinations are mistakenly setting dish limits.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Most USALS motor have a reset button.
It is a very small hole beside one of the buttons. Mine has reset printed in the molded case.
To reset use a paper clip and press the reset while the LNB power is on.
That will remove the limit as I think the limit is in the motor.
It will also remove all your saved positions as well, so if you do not want that do not reset it.

I did not get time to test my V8X today on this.
I do need to have a play with this so I can report to GT Media as well as you.

Owen

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Hi

DiSEqC motor testing with the V8X done.

GT Media Please note:
The problem is the "No Signal" re send of DiSEqC switch and position commands while using the DuSEqC motor control menu.

Testing:
Test one:
I changed the position number to "Null".
Any move east or west returned to the old saved position as soon as the resent switch / position command is sent on "No Signal".
"No Signal" resends are every 4 seconds. Even a continuous move is stopped.
I have a tone type finder in the LNB cable at the box so I can see when the resent DiSEqC commands are sent. 6 commands sent on this test. This must be the DiSEqC 1.1 port AND the position number as saved into the V8X memory.

Test Two:
In the motor control menu I change the position to "Null" and save.
The dish now does not return to a position, but any continuous move command is stopped as soon as the resend command is sent.
The tone type finder now only shows 4 commands sent. The DiSEqC switch setting. The V8 units send this switch command many times, even when the repeat menu option is off. The GT Combo android unit is the first GT Media unit I have seen that sends the switch DiSEqC commands only ONCE.

Test Three:
Antenna menu.
Down to the satellite of choice.
Move right to the settings.
Change the DiSEqC switch port number and back so that the correct port setting is sent.
I have my USAALS / DiSEqC motor on port one of a 8 port DiSEq1C 1.1 switch as that is the default at power on.
I then press the OK button while over the DiSEqC port setting.
This brings up the list of ports so that I can then move to "Disable" with out actively passing the other ports.
I then only have DiSEqC set in the motor setting.
I click on the motor setting and go to the motor menu.
Position number is already "Null" and was saved in the last test.
Now I can move the dish with no return or stop of continuous move.
There is no DiSEqC command to be seen on the tone type finder now, only the move commands when I press the button.
When the satellite positionj is found I can then change the position number and press save, OR press menu to return to the antenna settings menu, move up once to move away from the motor control line so the option for "Blue" for scan comes up and scan to see what sat I am on.
Note as you start this scan the DiSEqC switch command is restored to what it was, there is a message box asking to save changes, tick "No". Changes there are only save as you exit from the right side of the antenna menu, starting a scan does this.

Conclusion:
The resending of DiSEqC switch commands on "No Signal" needs to be stopped from being sent while in the antenna settings menu, more so in the motor control menu.
As this resent command set is sent the 22kHz is on off on off, so any signal being viewed is interrupted badly.
It would also be good if the motor command is not sent as you move down the list of satellites in the antenna settings menu too.
Currently as a user moves down the list of satellite the full set of DiSEqC commands, both switch and motor position for each satellite passed is sent.
It would be better if commands were only sent when a user moves to the right part of the menu, and then still no resend on "No Signal.

GT Media:
This is a major issue and makes using the motor controls imposable.
Note this only occurs if the user has a DiSEqC switch port set.

Owen

Listing at the start of GTMEDIA_V8 Series Bug Tracking System posted

117jnp

Post by 117jnp »

Happy New Year to all members here.

GTMedia_V8UHD

Having installed the latest firmware:- GTMedia_V8UHD_V235_20211220

I find that BISS autoroll no longer appears........¿have I done something wrong with my install update or have others found the same?

Your help would be appreciated.

Best wishes and stay safe.
Attachments
how to install update.JPG
how to install update.JPG (40.84 KiB) Viewed 20430 times

leehrat

Post by leehrat »

You will need to make sure you internet is connected again.

117jnp

Post by 117jnp »

Thanks for your rapid reply and problem solved, another lesson learned. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Be safe. :)

matesaak

Post by matesaak »

alex.c wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:30 am
Please moderator edit this post to collect the issues
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
template:
<Unit> <Priority> <Status> <Name> <Description>

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Folowing problem is on V8 Honor too :( Pls fix it in new firmware release. Thanks 8-)

<V8X> <P1><Repair > <WiFi disconnection> Box hungs when disconnecting WIFI

kquijada

Post by kquijada »

Good evening group.

My v8x stopped playing the IPTV lists from the update GTMEDIA_V8X_Release_V298_20211125.zip where it indicates:
11/25/2021
Change log:
1. Solve the problem of missing programs at 30W
2. Update IPTV function
GTMEDIA_V8X_Release_V298_20211125.zip

Then they released the other update:

12/14/2021
Change log:
1. Update 30W frequency table
2. AV settings, switch resolution, add prompt box
GTMEDIA_V8X_Release_V302_20211214.zip

Both versions have problems, they do not play the iptv lists. The last one that I remember having the iptv reproduction fully functional was in the version:

10/28/2021
Change log:
1.Fix LED brightness adjustment
GTMEDIA_V8X_Release_V293_20211028.zip

Will I have to go back to that version? Any other solution?
--------------------
Gtmedia V8X 8-) Diseqc 4*1, Amazonas 61° W, Star One C2 70° W, Túpac Katari 87.2° W

adam.ap

Post by adam.ap »

I have a request to the developers because there is a problem with downloading the EPG. Perhaps it would be possible to add to the firmware the ability to download EPG information from a file or from

Code: Select all

https://epg.ovh/
or similar. The problem with EPG and programming recordings one week in advance would disappear

ignus627

Post by ignus627 »

Will there be a V8 UHD firmware update soon that will provide newly updated softcam keys, not getting any encrypted channels at all, running the 237 from March 9

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

What satellite / channels are not been decoded by your receiver.

Den

przeeemek1

Post by przeeemek1 »

Which v8x firmware version has the wifi bug fixed? the latest from 02/16/2022 has problems with connecting via wifi. With a cable, no problem. (Cccam)

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”