GTMEDIA_V8 Series Bug Tracking System

V8 NOVA / V8 HONOR / V8 PRO2/V8 UHD / V8X

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

plumanegra

Re: GTMEDIA_V8 Series Bug Tracking System

Post by plumanegra »

V8 UHD

Some IPTV transmissions are not displayed and the message is displayed on the screen: "Video codec not supported".

Please implement the necessary codecs in the next firmware. Thank you.

For example:

https://service-stitcher.clusters.pluto ... eAds=false

Miky

Post by Miky »

Feralkiwi wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 8:49 pm
It may be a LNB over current protection thing.

The start up power for your 8 output LNB may be more than the unit is designed to provide, just the power spike at power on of the LNB power.

I had issues like this with the older V8 Golden.
After users reported using a 2A 12V power supply instead of the 1.5A supply that comes with these unit, I also tested my V8 Golden.
With the 2A power supply most of the LNB over current issues were gone.

I suggest you test with a 2A 12V power supply.

The start up power for the unit is high. The CPU is running full time booting, any wifi is being tested, any USB is also powered up.
You may also test powering on with no USB plugged in, as that may drop the power load enough to stop the voltage drop on the LNB causing an over current.

Owen
Salve ho trovato un alimentatore di un altro decoder 12v 3A e il problema sembra risolto.
Per curiosità ho provato con un tester l'alimentatore originale e rilevo 11,5v ho due decoder v8x e l'altro alimentatore del secondo decoder misuro 12,11-12,14

Hi I found a power supply from another 12v 3A decoder and the problem seems solved.
Out of curiosity I tested the original power supply with a tester and I detect 11.5v I have two v8x decoders and the other power supply of the second decoder I measure 12.11-12.14

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Miky wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 6:07 pm
Salve ho trovato un alimentatore di un altro decoder 12v 3A e il problema sembra risolto.
Per curiosità ho provato con un tester l'alimentatore originale e rilevo 11,5v ho due decoder v8x e l'altro alimentatore del secondo decoder misuro 12,11-12,14

Hi I found a power supply from another 12v 3A decoder and the problem seems solved.
Out of curiosity I tested the original power supply with a tester and I detect 11.5v I have two v8x decoders and the other power supply of the second decoder I measure 12.11-12.14
Yes that low voltage may have been the issue.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

brandnews

Post by brandnews »

good morning to you too, the remote control of the v8uhd is struggling to take?
sometimes I have to try again a few times to command it

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

brandnews wrote:
Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:42 pm
Check that you are not pointing the remote "Up" from below the UHD box, like the UHD is high on a shelf. If the UHD is high, tilt it forward.
Also check that the UHD is facing out, not on an angle.
Check that there is not another source of IR in the room. Micro floro light bulbs on warm up can emit IR. Another remote with a stuck button transmitting in the room.
Low batteries will still show the IR LED blinking when looked at through a digital camera. Good new batteries will show a brighter flash in the camera.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

brandnews

Post by brandnews »

Feralkiwi wrote:
Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:57 pm
brandnews wrote:
Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:42 pm
Check that you are not pointing the remote "Up" from below the UHD box, like the UHD is high on a shelf. If the UHD is high, tilt it forward.
Also check that the UHD is facing out, not on an angle.
Check that there is not another source of IR in the room. Micro floro light bulbs on warm up can emit IR. Another remote with a stuck button transmitting in the room.
Low batteries will still show the IR LED blinking when looked at through a digital camera. Good new batteries will show a brighter flash in the camera.

Owen
the uhd is located under the tv together with other equipment that receive their remote control without problems.

the problem of the uhd refers to the need to point it exactly and not like other equipment that even if not pointing perfectly they receive without problems

and as if the receiving or transmitting sensor has poor reception or transmission angles

nakooo

Post by nakooo »

Hi, there is a bug with the sound volume in V8X, compared with my old V8 Nova, the volume is too low, even if I rise the volume to the maximum

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

nakooo wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 7:12 pm
Hi, there is a bug with the sound volume in V8X, compared with my old V8 Nova, the volume is too low, even if I rise the volume to the maximum
There are two formats of audio output in the menu options, try the other one.

Owen

nakooo

Post by nakooo »

Feralkiwi wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 9:30 pm
nakooo wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 7:12 pm
There are two formats of audio output in the menu options, try the other one.

Owen
Could you tell me what is the exact route to get to that setting? I cant find it

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Normally it is in the AV settings.

I will power up my unit and check.

Owen

rarachch

Post by rarachch »

I also pointed out this problem a few months ago. Switching the audio format on my V8X has no effect on the volume.
The second problem is the very poor performance of the remote. I have to aim really precisely at the sensor.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

rarachch wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 3:57 pm
I also pointed out this problem a few months ago. Switching the audio format on my V8X has no effect on the volume.
The second problem is the very poor performance of the remote. I have to aim really precisely at the sensor.
With the remote, if your set top box is higher than the remote try tilting the box so it looks down.

Owen

corona-extra

Post by corona-extra »

Hi all,
I have a strange problem with the decoder V8UHD,
with vlc channels streaming (channels saved on the decoder and exported with the .m3u file) after a few seconds of correct playback the system freezes with messages of LAN disconnected (see video).
on the other hand, with wifi everything works fine.
do you have any ideas?

https://files.fm/f/pemctgt4j

thank you

kquijada

Post by kquijada »

The latest update available in the forum, for the v8x it has bugs with the YouTube application and with the private iks service in KU band it freezes or freezes all the time, please correct that.
--------------------
Gtmedia V8X 8-) Diseqc 4*1, Amazonas 61° W, Star One C2 70° W, Túpac Katari 87.2° W

Tom.w
网站管理员

Post by Tom.w »

kquijada wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:44 am
The latest update available in the forum, for the v8x it has bugs with the YouTube application and with the private iks service in KU band it freezes or freezes all the time, please correct that.
hello
about the youtube,which channel can not be played or all of channels can not be played?

kquijada

Post by kquijada »

Tom.w wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:33 am
kquijada wrote:
hello
about the youtube,which channel can not be played or all of channels can not be played?
On YouTube, any video that I try to play freezes the equipment and I must disconnect it from the electrical outlet. With the IKS it has faults as if the internet connection is lost, the image freezes and after a while it settles down.
--------------------
Gtmedia V8X 8-) Diseqc 4*1, Amazonas 61° W, Star One C2 70° W, Túpac Katari 87.2° W

Tom.w
网站管理员

Post by Tom.w »

kquijada wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:48 pm
Tom.w wrote:
kquijada wrote:
hello
On YouTube, any video that I try to play freezes the equipment and I must disconnect it from the electrical outlet. With the IKS it has faults as if the internet connection is lost, the image freezes and after a while it settles down.
where are you from?
i will check the youtube with your country code.
about the IKS,i think it may be the cline server issue.

kquijada

Post by kquijada »

Tom.w wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:09 am
kquijada wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:48 pm
Tom.w wrote:
kquijada wrote:
hello
where are you from?
i will check the youtube with your country code.
about the IKS,i think it may be the cline server issue.
I have reinstalled the latest firmware version of my v8x and the problem with YouTube has been solved. I will try again the iks with this reinstallation to see how it goes.

I write from Venezuela.
--------------------

Asmo2010

Post by Asmo2010 »

Hi, as no one reacted on my post I share the issue here. The German Sky channels on Astra 19 do not work properly, most of them stay dark since few days, before everything was fine, any solutions for that?

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

How are you viewing the said channels, you may have to contact your supplier.

Den

Asmo2010

Post by Asmo2010 »

I use nova orange, resettled to factory settings but same problem, supplier doesn’t react…

Asmo2010

Post by Asmo2010 »

:roll:
Asmo2010 wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:32 pm
I use nova orange, resettled to factory settings but same problem, supplier doesn’t react…
Found the reason: crypting system changed to 3DES / AES (before DES). Can’t be encrypted anymore, at least for now

nakooo

Post by nakooo »

V8X

El sonido en comparación con mi antiguo V8Nova es muy bajo, lo subo del todo con el mando a distancia, pero aún así es muy bajo, comparado con n la TDT, en el V8 nova podíamos subir el volumen mucho más, creo que debería haber una actualización de firmware que lo solucione.

yayadie

Post by yayadie »

all problems found by now on the v8 uhd receiver

gtmedia v8 uhd issues:

microfreeze images in combo channels and on some satellite channels too

sometimes remote control delay reaction

subtitles center-middle position, they are not posicionated center down

the function epg doesn´t work in 95% channels (61w, 70w, 81w), in v7 plus works perfectly

when you remane (change the name) of a favourite list, then you can´t use it in sat>ip app in that category of favourite you make

when you play an usb video you can´t fast or rewand visually the image (you dont know in witch part of the movie you are)

legend speed when you plug usb device "device speed too low to record"

sometimes legend volume stays on screen and you must buttom exit to close

I hope you can fix most of these notorious issues in the upcoming firmware, thank you very much!

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

You may find that your post may be deleted, or get a warning, you are using (caps) through out.

Den

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”