GTMEDIA_V8 Series Bug Tracking System

V8 NOVA / V8 HONOR / V8 PRO2/V8 UHD / V8X

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

geal77

Re: GTMEDIA_V8 Series Bug Tracking System

Post by geal77 »

Hi. I upgraded my V8 Uhd series to last version. After that, I put a channel to watch, but after 10 - 15 minutes, the system freezes (image frozen, no audio, no response to remote control). I need to use the power switch to reboot. It works again, but this behavior repeats. Thanks fot your help.

evarese

Post by evarese »

Please add other data: satellite, frequency, channel in order to better understand the problem.
Before, with the previous firmware, no problem at all?
GTCombo - V8 UHD - V8 Finder - V8 Finder2 - 90 cm motorized dish

Joe007Hun

Post by Joe007Hun »

I can't able to rename in DLNA app the device name!
I update FW today to v224.
When i change the device name and type the correct new one from "GTMedia_2021xxxxx" to "GTMedia_V8UHD" and push the blue button to save it.
But step the menu in main DLNA menu and see the name is not change and stay default!

reneige

Post by reneige »

Hi,

I'm a new V8 UHD owner. I updated my box to the latest firmware : GTMedia_V8UHD_20210226_V224 but I have encountered strange issues which I would like to document here.

I set several favourites channels. When I am viewing a channel on the FAV view it seems to affect m3u viewing list exports. For example, I create a list of news channels in favourites. If I then backup the m3u list on to USB, the list only contains the 15 news channels from my favourties. I have to switch the box back onto "All / Combo" channels and then export it to USB to get an m3u list of all channels. Maybe this is design and not a bug, but it seems to be strange behaviour.

More importantly, I have set it up to view channels via LAN and WAN using VLC on my PC and on my iPhone. This works but is VERY unstable. Sometimes channels load and sometimes they do not, and it seems arbitrary (for example, channel 1 does not load, so I load channel 2 and then try channel 1 again and it suddenly works.) Worse still, sometimes I try to load a channel via VLC and it crashes the V8 UHD box which then will not work until I reboot it (My TV shows no signal from HDMI until I reboot box). Also, Sometimes when I switch channels on VLC via LAN they also change simultaneously on the TV, and sometimes they do not and I can view separate channels at the same time. This behaviour also seems arbitrary.

Also, when PVR is activated and recording, I cannot view any channels via LAN/VLC except for the one that is currently recording/playing on TV.

Overall it seems very unstable.

Separately, All of my remote viewing has been done With VLC and m3u playlists because I could not get the GTPlayer app to work on my android device. It never seems to find the server.

betnar93

Post by betnar93 »

geal77 wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:40 pm
Hi. I upgraded my V8 Uhd series to last version. After that, I put a channel to watch, but after 10 - 15 minutes, the system freezes (image frozen, no audio, no response to remote control). I need to use the power switch to reboot. It works again, but this behavior repeats. Thanks fot your help.
I have a similar experience. Mine usually will work for several hours but today I had to reboot the receiver 2 times in 10 minutes. I haven't had this problem until v224

jorgecata

Post by jorgecata »

Buenas , a mi me sucede lo mismo desde la ultima actualizacion... :?:

chipsy

Post by chipsy »

Hi

With the V8X receiver the channel names don't appear complete. On the other receiver Nova8, v7Plus and V9 Super, I can see the hole program name of all channels

How can I fixed it.

tronkitruti

Problemas con grabación en V8X

Post by tronkitruti »

Compré el V8X en noviembre de 2020 y todavía no lo puedo usar ya que sigue con los problemas de grabación.

No puedo estar más decepcionado con este producto.

He probado diferentes discos duros USB, he probado diferentes formatos, NTFS, FAT. No consigo que me grabe el tiempo que le pido.. siempre se para a la hora y media o dos.

¿Esto lo vais a arreglar algún día por favor?

----------------------

I bought the V8X in November 2020 and still can't use it as it still has recording problems.

I cannot be more disappointed with this product.

I have tried different USB hard drives, I have tried different formats, NTFS, FAT. I can't get him to record the time I ask him ... he always stops at an hour and a half or two.

Are you going to fix this one day please?

chipsy

Re: Problemas con grabación en V8X

Post by chipsy »

tronkitruti wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:27 am

He probado diferentes discos duros USB, he probado diferentes formatos, NTFS, FAT. No consigo que me grabe el tiempo que le pido.. siempre se para a la hora y media o dos.

Cuando programas la grabacion pon una hora mas, así lo tendrás todo seguro. La grabacion ni con otros GT Media funcionan exactamente como el EPG.

Espero que fue una ayuda.

tronkitruti

Re: Problemas con grabación en V8X

Post by tronkitruti »

chipsy wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:25 am
tronkitruti wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:27 am

Cuando programas la grabacion pon una hora mas, así lo tendrás todo seguro. La grabacion ni con otros GT Media funcionan exactamente como el EPG.

Espero que fue una ayuda.
Gracias por la ayuda pero ya he probado y no graba más de una hora y media o dos. No puedo por ejemplo grabar un partido de futbol o una pelicula larga.. me parece una chapuza el pvr de este decodificador

-------------------------

Thanks for the help but I've already tried and it doesn't record more than an hour and a half or two. I can't, for example, record a soccer game or a long movie ... the pvr of this decoder seems a slob

atdbbvas01

Post by atdbbvas01 »

I have V8X, during boot process it goes to black screen / no signal error on my TV screen via HDMI interface, the same problem observed in V7 S2X and fixed with latest firmware.
Please fix it in V8X too.
Attachments
Screenshot_20210331-090825__01.jpg
Screenshot_20210331-090825__01.jpg (54.28 KiB) Viewed 10598 times

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

atdbbvas01 wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:41 am
I have V8X, during boot process it goes to black screen / no signal error on my TV screen via HDMI interface, the same problem observed in V7 S2X and fixed with latest firmware.
Please fix it in V8X too.
Try the V mode button on the remote.
That will change the AV output from PAL to NTSC and also the resolution.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

atdbbvas01

Post by atdbbvas01 »

there is TV.MODE button instead V Mode button on remote, I tried it but still problem is there.
While booting it shows GTMedia Logo on screen and after LO 20....95 (loading) it screen goes blank with no single detection.
Pl help to fix this.
*I tested same with my PC LED monitor and it works fine.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

This sounds like the unit has crashed.

You need to do a flash.bin recovery.

Yes sorry TV Mode button, a typing error.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

ncansan

Post by ncansan »

Hello. I recently bought a V8 UHD for a friend and updated it to V224. After some hours the V8 UHD locks up/freezes. Image fixed and no response to any button.
I have read there are more V224 users with this issue.
However, I have another V8 UHD with V224 and no lockup problems so far. The differences is my V8UHD is old and connected with Ethernet cable and the V8UHD with lockup issue is new and connected with Wifi.

Is there any solution to this issue? A new SW release?
Also, is it possible to downgrade to V220 to avoid the issue? If yes, how to do the downgrade?

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

The unit with WIFI may be over heating.
Locate it so it has more air around it or place a metal plate behind it ( about 50mm away) so the wifi is reflected towards your house wifi.
I placed metal behind one of my units and the wifi signal was improved, so less power is needed to transmit the wifi.

You could also place it so the UHD is further way from other things like cables, your wifi modem and your TV.
Having a USB stick in the unit will also increase power use and heat.

Owen

Killgt

Post by Killgt »

Tengo el V8X y no me funciona el SatIp y con la última actualización no se ven los canales de Abertis en Hispasat

skewer

Post by skewer »

Hello GTMedia Team

V8X

Satellite search (full scan)

If various symbol rates are mixed, it will not search correctly.
please investigate

Thank you
skewer

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

skewer wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:09 am
Hello GTMedia Team

V8X

Satellite search (full scan)

If various symbol rates are mixed, it will not search correctly.
please investigate

Thank you
skewer
Please explain more regarding the "If various symbol rates are mixed"?
Give examples of the TP and satellite info.

Owen

skewer

Post by skewer »

Hello Feralkiwi

V8X

S/M Satellite search (full scan)

Superbird B3

11707 search x

Thank you
skewer

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

skewer wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:30 am
Hello Feralkiwi

V8X

S/M Satellite search (full scan)

Superbird B3

11707 search x

Thank you
skewer
A "full scan" uses the TP info that is in the unit.
If you go to the TP menu you will see the list.
Try a blind scan.

You can also get multipule TP's scanned if you have set the LNB frequency to 9750/10600 and you have a standard single frequency LNB like a 11300.
The extra scans can come up as the unit scans H and low band, V and low, H and high band and V high, so four times.

Owen

skewer

Post by skewer »

Hello Feralkiwi

add to

On the same frequency and plane of polarization, if only the symbol rate is different, the phenomenon of not searching appears.

12400V 12222
12400V 11707 X

Thank you
skewer

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

If any of the transponders which are near to the transponder that you wish to insert, has no signal, delete these, then you will be able to insert your new transponder.

Den

ncansan

Post by ncansan »

Feralkiwi wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:15 pm
Locate it so it has more air around it or place a metal plate behind it ( about 50mm away) so the wifi is reflected towards your house wifi.
I placed metal behind one of my units and the wifi signal was improved, so less power is needed to transmit the wifi.

You could also place it so the UHD is further way from other things like cables, your wifi modem and your TV.

Owen
Thanks Owen.
The router is placed 3 meters away from the V8 UHD in the same room. No signals of over heat in the V8 UHD. I commented about Wifi connection to try to set a pattern for these lock ups with the other users.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

ncansan wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:57 am
Feralkiwi wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:15 pm

Owen
Thanks Owen.
The router is placed 3 meters away from the V8 UHD in the same room. No signals of over heat in the V8 UHD. I commented about Wifi connection to try to set a pattern for these lock ups with the other users.
As another user said, try a 2A power supply. Using USB plug devices adds more power use to the unit and at peak power use times crashes can happen. Remember that the wifi inside the UHD is just a USB board and antenna, like a plug in wifi unit and using it uses more power and heats inside the UHD.

Yes the vertical design of the UHD helps with heat.

Owen

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”