Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Re: GTMEDIA_V8 Series Bug Tracking System

Post by Feralkiwi »

ixi3 wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 3:36 pm
I use 5/8 multiswich.
I tried to perform a full scan and the receiver found the transponders with which there was a problem.
He was picking up their signal correctly.
Unfortunately, it stopped receiving the signal correctly from others.
After restarting the receiver, the situation returned to the initial state.
I turned on diseqc 1.0. The receiver is working properly.
He finds everything.
Is it the fault of the software?
Diseqc is used to change satellites.
I use one.
That's why I have Diseqc turned off in every receiver and everything works as it should.
I guess I don't understand something?
Those 5x8 switches use separate inputs for V and H for two satellites.
Sat 1 V in, Sat 1 H input, Sat 2 V input 22kHz "oN", Sat 2 H input 22kHz "ON", UHF input.
Normally sat 2 is accessed by having 22kHz "ON", so if you are trying to use the upper band on a Universal LNB you will need to have that connected to the 22kHz on inputs
You need two cables to the LNB and a LNB that has two outputs.
Some LNB's have separate outputs for H and V, while others have two outputs that do both H and V, needing 13 / 18v to switch.
Some 5x8 multi switches only send out 13v, so if you are using a LNB that needs 18 v to use H polarity it will not work.
Some multi switches do not pass the 22kHz to the LNB.

Some "Quatro" LNB's have separate outputs for each option like, 0Hz v, 0Hz h, 22kHz v, 22kHz h.
Others are just normal outputs that then need 18 v or 22kHz sent to them to switch to you option.

Maybe some of that is your issue?

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

shami1400

Post by shami1400 »

I want the latest update of the satellite finder freesat v8 finder v-71..

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

shami1400 wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 1:09 am
I want the latest update of the satellite finder freesat v8 finder v-71..
On the download page.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Stone

Post by Stone »

V8x Las líneas Cccam se me desconectan con excesiva frecuencia. Son nuevas y el deco también.Cuando el deco lleva tiempo encendido el servidor se desconecta.Pone: Don't resolve server adresses. No se como solucionarlo. Agradecería algún tipo de ayuda. Gracias.
Last edited by Stone on Mon May 03, 2021 4:42 pm, edited 4 times in total.

ixi3

Post by ixi3 »

Feralkiwi wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 10:21 pm
ixi3 wrote:
I use 5/8 multiswich.
I tried to perform a full scan and the receiver found the transponders with which there was a problem.
He was picking up their signal correctly.
Unfortunately, it stopped receiving the signal correctly from others.
After restarting the receiver, the situation returned to the initial state.
He finds everything.
I use one.
That's why I have Diseqc turned off in every receiver and everything works as it should.
I guess I don't understand something?
Those 5x8 switches use separate inputs for V and H for two satellites.
Sat 1 V in, Sat 1 H input, Sat 2 V input 22kHz "oN", Sat 2 H input 22kHz "ON", UHF input.
Normally sat 2 is accessed by having 22kHz "ON", so if you are trying to use the upper band on a Universal LNB you will need to have that connected to the 22kHz on inputs
You need two cables to the LNB and a LNB that has two outputs.
Some LNB's have separate outputs for H and V, while others have two outputs that do both H and V, needing 13 / 18v to switch.
Some 5x8 multi switches only send out 13v, so if you are using a LNB that needs 18 v to use H polarity it will not work.
Some multi switches do not pass the 22kHz to the LNB.

Some "Quatro" LNB's have separate outputs for each option like, 0Hz v, 0Hz h, 22kHz v, 22kHz h.
Others are just normal outputs that then need 18 v or 22kHz sent to them to switch to you option.

Maybe some of that is your issue?

Owen
The receiver's manufacturer should know which installations his product works with and what problems it has. It is difficult to change the antenna installation, which most work without problems (this one is the first one to have problems) due to one receiver. The more that the manufacturer does not specify what he works with and what he does not

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

ixi3 wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 5:53 pm
The receiver's manufacturer should know which installations his product works with and what problems it has. It is difficult to change the antenna installation, which most work without problems (this one is the first one to have problems) due to one receiver. The more that the manufacturer does not specify what he works with and what he does not
You said
When you scan are you using "full or auto scan" or "blind scan"?
Full scan (also called auto scan) uses the TP information that is in the unit for that satellite.
A blind scan looks at the satellite and creates TP on the TP list for what it finds.

The TP information may have change the SR for those frequencies that you are having issues with.
The old TP frequency and SR may be in the unit's TP list for that satellite.

Try this:
Create a new satellite on the satellite list.
Set up the LNB settings etc in the antenna settings menu.
Do a "blind scan" of that satellite.

If that works you can delete the TP's in the normal satellite and do a blind scan of that satellite to refresh the TP list.

The very odd thing is this that you said
ixi3 wrote:
He finds everything.
You are correct. You should not need DiSEqC 1.0 set for a single quatro LNB through a 5x8 switch. (I assume the input ports are labeled 13V 0Hz, 18V 0Hz, 13V 22kHz and 18V 22kHz.)
I assume the cable from the V8X is direct from the V8X to the switch port, and not through any other switch or splitter.
If you have the correct LNB frequency set in the antenna menu, 9750 / 10600, the option for 22kHz should be greyed out so you can not change it from "auto".

Question:
Is your 5x8 switch powered or does it use power from the set top boxes?
If it is powered only by the set top boxes, like the switch I pictured above, it may be that the V8X is not providing enough power to run it.

You could also set up two satellites on the list and use one set on LNB frequency of 9750 and 22kHz "OFF" and the other on 10600 and 22kHz "ON".

Owen

ixi3

Post by ixi3 »

I did a full scan.
The receiver is connected directly to the multiswich. Multiswich has its own power supply.
I put diseqc 1.0 on port 4. I don't know if it got all the transponders. But it catches all I need correctly.
I ordered a second piece. Maybe there will be tomorrow. If there is a similar problem, I will try to enter new satellite data.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

ixi3 wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 5:51 pm
I did a full scan.
The receiver is connected directly to the multiswich. Multiswich has its own power supply.
I put diseqc 1.0 on port 4. I don't know if it got all the transponders. But it catches all I need correctly.
I ordered a second piece. Maybe there will be tomorrow. If there is a similar problem, I will try to enter new satellite data.
Try a "Blind" scan.
That will correct any changes in the TP info.

full scan uses the TP info in the unit.

Owen

ixi3

Post by ixi3 »

Feralkiwi wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 8:48 pm
ixi3 wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 5:51 pm
I did a full scan.
Try a "Blind" scan.
That will correct any changes in the TP info.

full scan uses the TP info in the unit.

Owen
The new receiver is the same problem.
Blind scan changes nothing.
The only thing that helps is to switch diseqc 1.0 to port 4.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Please could you tell me the brand and model of 5x8 switch and the same for your quatro LNB?

With the new unit you got, did you USB load your channel list or did you start fresh and set up the satellite / antenna menu and then blind scan? If not try doing a factory reset and then setup and scan from fresh with your normal settings.
Sometimes the format of user data files on GT Media units has changed and loading old files into new formatted units causes problems.

I can test with my V8X and one of two 5x8 switches I have to see if I get problems.
I do not have a quatro LNB, but I can set up with other LNB's.

So confirm:
LNB Frequency: 9750/10600
22kHz: greyed out and "Auto"due to universal LNB setting above.
DiSEqC: 1.0 Disabled
DiSEqC: 1.1 disabled
Polarity :Auto
Some TP's do not work

One change: DiSEqC 1.0 set to Port4 and all TP's work
I cannot search some transpoders from the Hot Bird 6/8/9 satellite.
Transponder 10719 is ok.
Transponder 11411 and 11449 no quality signal (signal strength 92%).
I see from lyngsat dot com that these TP's that do not work are H polarity and the one that does work is V polarity.
Luckily I have one local satellite that transmits on low band Ku H that I can test with.
I assume that your scans show these TP's on H polarity?
Do you scan in and see any of the high band H polarity TP's (Frequencies over 11700Mhz) on this satellite?

What I think is happening is that the full 18V for H polarity is not reaching your multi switch.
That DiSEqC 1.0 port 4 fixes this is odd, so I think more toward a user file problem.

It may take me a day or two to find time to set up a multi switch and dishes to test with.

Owen

ixi3

Post by ixi3 »

Feralkiwi wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 8:36 pm
Please could you tell me the brand and model of 5x8 switch and the same for your quatro LNB?

With the new unit you got, did you USB load your channel list or did you start fresh and set up the satellite / antenna menu and then blind scan? If not try doing a factory reset and then setup and scan from fresh with your normal settings.
Sometimes the format of user data files on GT Media units has changed and loading old files into new formatted units causes problems.

I can test with my V8X and one of two 5x8 switches I have to see if I get problems.
I do not have a quatro LNB, but I can set up with other LNB's.

So confirm:
LNB Frequency: 9750/10600
22kHz: greyed out and "Auto"due to universal LNB setting above.
DiSEqC: 1.0 Disabled
DiSEqC: 1.1 disabled
Polarity :Auto
Some TP's do not work

One change: DiSEqC 1.0 set to Port4 and all TP's work
I cannot search some transpoders from the Hot Bird 6/8/9 satellite.
Transponder 10719 is ok.
Transponder 11411 and 11449 no quality signal (signal strength 92%).
I see from lyngsat dot com that these TP's that do not work are H polarity and the one that does work is V polarity.
Luckily I have one local satellite that transmits on low band Ku H that I can test with.
I assume that your scans show these TP's on H polarity?
Do you scan in and see any of the high band H polarity TP's (Frequencies over 11700Mhz) on this satellite?

What I think is happening is that the full 18V for H polarity is not reaching your multi switch.
That DiSEqC 1.0 port 4 fixes this is odd, so I think more toward a user file problem.

It may take me a day or two to find time to set up a multi switch and dishes to test with.

Owen
TP 11116 H 27499, TP 11240 H 27499, TP 11584 H 27499, TP 11623 H 27499, TP 11723 H 27499, TP 11925 H 30000, TP 12015 H 27499, TP12130 H 27499 are received correctly.
The receiver supplies 13V and 18V to the antenna input in accordance with the V and H polarization.
I am not sure if switching to DiseqC 1.0 completely fixes the problem.
I get a signal from all the necessary TPs.
I only use the manufacturer's files.
The second receiver I picked up yesterday has the same problem.
LBN- INVERTO Premium Quattro Universal 40mm PLL
Multiswitch TT 5/8 FT (Telekom Telmor)

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

ixi3 wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 5:43 pm
TP 11116 H 27499, TP 11240 H 27499, TP 11584 H 27499, TP 11623 H 27499, TP 11723 H 27499, TP 11925 H 30000, TP 12015 H 27499, TP12130 H 27499 are received correctly.
The receiver supplies 13V and 18V to the antenna input in accordance with the V and H polarization.
I am not sure if switching to DiseqC 1.0 completely fixes the problem.
I get a signal from all the necessary TPs.
I only use the manufacturer's files.
The second receiver I picked up yesterday has the same problem.
LBN- INVERTO Premium Quattro Universal 40mm PLL
Multiswitch TT 5/8 FT (Telekom Telmor)
Thanks.

I see the spec's for that switch say it does "DiSEqC 2.0 (+ 13V / + 18V, 0 / 22kHz, Tone)"
DiSEqC 2.0 is a bi directional version of DiSEqC 1.0
There must be some DiSEqC function, but what?

Different GT Media units have different receiver sensitivities.
The V8X may be down a bit.

I should get time tomorrow to test on a 5x8 multi switch.
I will test to see if I can get port control using DiSEqC rather than 22kHz.
Some how I doubt it.

Owen

vanjapanco

Post by vanjapanco »

please how can I add new transponder into satellite transponder list. Transponder is on satellite but it is not scanned when I scan the satellite
Thanks in advance

Tom.w
网站管理员

Post by Tom.w »

vanjapanco wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 7:44 am
please how can I add new transponder into satellite transponder list. Transponder is on satellite but it is not scanned when I scan the satellite
Thanks in advance
on the transponder list menu, you can press Red key, add the tp you need,then select this tp,press blue key, do tp scan

vanjapanco

Post by vanjapanco »

Thanks, I will check later

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

vanjapanco wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 7:44 am
Thanks in advance
Check that your TV is showing all the picture.
The color button allocations are along the bottom of the screen. Red for add etc.
If you are not seeing these color allocations, it may be your output AV setting, or you have a NTSC TV and are sending it PAL.

Owen

zildan

Post by zildan »

There is an older problem with V8UHD, which is that DVB subtitles remain on the screen until the next one.
I tested on all software versions.

Tom.w
网站管理员

Post by Tom.w »

zildan wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 8:34 am
There is an older problem with V8UHD, which is that DVB subtitles remain on the screen until the next one.
I tested on all software versions.
hello.
we will check this issue.

Miky

Post by Miky »

Hi I have a problem with a v8x.
When I turn it off then turn it on, nothing is visible and the message "no signal" remains. If I disconnect and reconnect the antenna cable, it will work normally again
my system consists of an illuminator with eight universal lnb separate outputs
I just upgraded to version 268 and used the lcn italy scan all to default option :(

ricardorpla

Post by ricardorpla »

Buenas noches.
He comprado recientemente un decodificado GT Media v8 uhd, y le he instalado la última versión de software del 14/04/2021(viewtopic.php?f=40&t=19117).
Tengo instalación de antena comunitaria apuntando al satélite Astra 19,2 E recién instalado por el técnico y verificada la señal con medidor de campo.
He creado la configuración del nuevo satélite, y sin meter lista de transpondedores, pero con señal de la antena, he realizado una búsqueda a ciegas de los canales y sus respectivos transpondedores que emite el Astra 19,3 E, pero el decodificador es incapaz de detectar los transpondedores de frecuencias por debajo de 11038 , y en astra hay mucho contenido en HD que se emite por estas frecuencias y que no puedo ver(https://satchanneltv.com/frecuencias-astra-19-2e/), Movistar Liga1 HD, Dazn1 HD, Movistar deportes. etc. ¿Pueden solucionarme este problema, o tendré que devolver el decodificador para comprar uno que si que sintonice estos canales?

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

ricardorpla wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 8:10 pm
Buenas noches.
He comprado recientemente un decodificado GT Media v8 uhd, y le he instalado la última versión de software del 14/04/2021(viewtopic.php?f=40&t=19117).
Tengo instalación de antena comunitaria apuntando al satélite Astra 19,2 E recién instalado por el técnico y verificada la señal con medidor de campo.
He creado la configuración del nuevo satélite, y sin meter lista de transpondedores, pero con señal de la antena, he realizado una búsqueda a ciegas de los canales y sus respectivos transpondedores que emite el Astra 19,3 E, pero el decodificador es incapaz de detectar los transpondedores de frecuencias por debajo de 11038 , y en astra hay mucho contenido en HD que se emite por estas frecuencias y que no puedo ver(https://satchanneltv.com/frecuencias-astra-19-2e/), Movistar Liga1 HD, Dazn1 HD, Movistar deportes. etc. ¿Pueden solucionarme este problema, o tendré que devolver el decodificador para comprar uno que si que sintonice estos canales?
In the antenna menu for that satellite , do you have the LNB frequency set to 9750/10600?

This is the universal LNB setting.
With that set, the 22kHz menu option is set to automatic.

Owen

ricardorpla

Post by ricardorpla »

Feralkiwi wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 12:31 am
ricardorpla wrote:
Buenas noches.
In the antenna menu for that satellite , do you have the LNB frequency set to 9750/10600?

Owen
yes, this is my configuration.Attached screenshot of the configuration.
Attachments
16212736639213252489110966766294.jpg
16212736639213252489110966766294.jpg (3.65 MiB) Viewed 25897 times

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

ricardorpla wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 5:51 pm
Feralkiwi wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 12:31 am
ricardorpla wrote:
Buenas noches.

Owen
yes, this is my configuration.Attached screenshot of the configuration.
You said
I have a community antenna installation pointing to the Astra 19.2 E satellite, recently installed by the technician and verified with a field meter.
With the field meter did you see those channels?
A community antenna will not allow for switching by 22Khz. Your community antenna may be set for high band only.
Check with others in your community if they get these other channels, and if so how.

Owen

Miky

Post by Miky »

Nessuno per il mio problema? v8x ripeto funziona tutto normalmente finche non lo spengo, dopo alla riaccenzione mi da nessun segnale. Se stacco e riattacco il cavo antenna torna a funzionare normalmente. Impianto mono feed lnb universale. un solo lnb cono otto uscite.

Anyone for my problem? v8x I repeat everything works normally until I turn it off, after the restart it gives me no signal. If I unplug and reattach the antenna cable, it will work normally again.
Universal mono feed lnb system. a single lnb with eight outputs.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

It may be a LNB over current protection thing.

The start up power for your 8 output LNB may be more than the unit is designed to provide, just the power spike at power on of the LNB power.

I had issues like this with the older V8 Golden.
After users reported using a 2A 12V power supply instead of the 1.5A supply that comes with these unit, I also tested my V8 Golden.
With the 2A power supply most of the LNB over current issues were gone.

I suggest you test with a 2A 12V power supply.

The start up power for the unit is high. The CPU is running full time booting, any wifi is being tested, any USB is also powered up.
You may also test powering on with no USB plugged in, as that may drop the power load enough to stop the voltage drop on the LNB causing an over current.

Owen

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”