GTMEDIA_V8 Series Bug Tracking System

V8 NOVA / V8 HONOR / V8 PRO2/V8 UHD / V8X

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

asmo2000

Re: GTMEDIA_V8 Series Bug Tracking System

Post by asmo2000 »

Hi guys,

my V8 Orange freezes, even when watching non encrypted "free" channels and runs for few minutes after reboot. I use latest Firmware from 4.12.20. Does anyone know how to solve that or is the box "broken".

thanks in advance

best regards,

Asmo

romfnc

Post by romfnc »

I think the new firmware for the V8 UHD should be fix the scanning and channel storing way, avoiding of creating double channel names occupying memory size. It s a real nightmare to organize the channel after doing a simple satellite scanning.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Re: UHD: Encryption Type not showing in Info Banner

Post by Feralkiwi »

Hi all

The issue of the UHD not showing the encryption type in the info banner after you did a second scan of the satellite was fixed with V209.

After the A F N channel went FTA a few a days ago as they updated the TP's, I had scanned in the channels for the first time on that satellite as FTA.
Now that the channels are $$$ again the info banner does not show the encryption type, and the second info screen has a blank space for the CAID.

The UHD software bug this time is if the channel is first scanned as FTA, when it goes to $$$ no encryption type is shown in the info banner or full info screen CAID.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

kquijada

Post by kquijada »

Good morning, I would like to report that with the new firmware of the v8x it does not open YouTube videos, the screen remains black when it should start loading the video and then the receiver must be turned off by the rear switch since it does not respond to the commands of control.

------

Buenos dias, quisiera reportar que con el nuevo firmware del v8x no abre los videos de YouTube, se queda la pantalla en negro cuando deberia empezar a cargar el video y hay entonces que apagar el receptor por el interruptor trasero ya que no responde a los comandos del control.
--------------------
Gtmedia V8X 8-) Diseqc 4*1, Amazonas 61° W, Star One C2 70° W, Túpac Katari 87.2° W

VN1600

Re: V8UHD 4K Heritage channel on Thor Sat 0,8W

Post by VN1600 »

Hello everybody and best whishes from Italy! My first msg on this forum.
I would like to help to solve this annoying bug in decoding the 4K Heritage channel (FTA) on Thor satellite. From what I understood on an Italian forum on which I participate from many years ( that is a comprehensive forum, ranging on all aspects of digital technology ), the channel uses an MPEG4 codec on a 4K transmission, so only the left part of the screen is correctly decoded, whilst the right part is continuously pixelated and unwatchable (this when directly watching throughout the V8UHD on a 4K tvSet)! I also understood that only 1 other decoder is actually able to decode correctly on the fly this channel ( and it is a German one ), so this could be a game changer and a big success for GTMEDIA to be able to decode Heritage 4K correctly!
I have registered some seconds of transmission and I am ready to upload it on wetransfer. Just let me know.
Regards
Alessandro
Stab HH90 Usals dish 80x75cm, Wavefrontier T90 16Lnb,V8UHD, V8TURBO, X8 Combo

cpr43
网站管理员

Re: V8UHD 4K Heritage channel on Thor Sat 0,8W

Post by cpr43 »

VN1600 wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:37 pm
Hello everybody and best whishes from Italy! My first msg on this forum.
I would like to help to solve this annoying bug in decoding the 4K Heritage channel (FTA) on Thor satellite. From what I understood on an Italian forum on which I participate from many years ( that is a comprehensive forum, ranging on all aspects of digital technology ), the channel uses an MPEG4 codec on a 4K transmission, so only the left part of the screen is correctly decoded, whilst the right part is continuously pixelated and unwatchable (this when directly watching throughout the V8UHD on a 4K tvSet)! I also understood that only 1 other decoder is actually able to decode correctly on the fly this channel ( and it is a German one ), so this could be a game changer and a big success for GTMEDIA to be able to decode Heritage 4K correctly!
I have registered some seconds of transmission and I am ready to upload it on wetransfer. Just let me know.
Regards
Alessandro
Yes, you can do that. Upload the file to wetransfer and send the link code to

alex.c

Tom.w

send by private message

evarese

Post by evarese »

Hi VN1600, welcome to this forum too.
I can confirm for the GTMedia technicians that the vision of 4K Heritage is divided in vertical aspect: left OK, right with a lot of continous artefacts.
The reason is due to a MPEG4 transmission, but, if used, could be decoded perfectly by a lot of decoders; otherwise, why to adopt it?
Unfortunately, the only 4K sat receiver owned by me is the V8 and so I am not able to make a comparison.
GTCombo - V8 UHD - V8 Finder - V8 Finder2 - 90 cm motorized dish

running

Post by running »

Hello
I have v8x
I wanted to program the remote control to turn off the TV
After that, the image goes black and back and there are lots of green pixels on the screen
how to fix it ?
It's already a 2 v8x with the same problem

the image shows and disappears all the time and it's full of green pixels

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

How are you connecting your receivers to your TV's, HDMI / SCART / AV.

Den

running

Post by running »

HDMI but this is the decoder problem
I have 6 pieces of v8x and on 2 there is the same problem regardless of to which the tv are connected the picture turns off every few seconds and returns and green pixels and crackles sound
only what I noticed that in 2 it happened as I wanted to program the remote control to turn on and off the TV
the first time I thought it was just a defective exemplary
but now I know it's a software bug

running

Post by running »

Image Image Image Image[/img]

running

Post by running »

Code: Select all

https://youtu.be/bYsAkJeAMOo
not tv turns off and on only the screen and the pixels but on the video ids not visibel on the foto yes
two decoders have the same problem

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

This sounds like your TV is sensing the active HDMI cable and turning on again.
To test this idea, turn off the GT Media box first and then the TV.

You may need to deactivate this function in the TV.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

taohongs

Post by taohongs »

ameenjuz wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:29 pm
Box hungs when disconnecting WIFI on V8 Nova Blue too and do not disconnect the wifi
I found a very serious problem.That is, when the length of the recording program is relatively long, the recording will fail.
For example.
I record a TV show for five and a half hours.But I found that he could only record no more than 5 TS clips.
Eventually, the whole program will fail because the recording time is not enough.
A very serious problem.I spent so much time recording the program, and finally I failed.This is a very annoying problem.

taohongs

Post by taohongs »

Feralkiwi wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:43 pm
alex.c wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:08 am
Exactly, this is what I meant.
If anybody did this, the only way is to do the force upgrade to the latest firmware.
Are you saying that this service screen is coming up as a result of users trying to load too old a version of software?
No user has reported this as a cause.

Owen
I found a very serious problem.That is, when the length of the recording program is relatively long, the recording will fail.
For example.
I record a TV show for five and a half hours.But I found that he could only record no more than 5 TS clips.
Eventually, the whole program will fail because the recording time is not enough.
A very serious problem.I spent so much time recording the program, and finally I failed.This is a very annoying problem.

running

Post by running »

Feralkiwi wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:09 pm
This sounds like your TV is sensing the active HDMI cable and turning on again.
To test this idea, turn off the GT Media box first and then the TV.

You may need to deactivate this function in the TV.

Owen
its old plazma tv no like funktion like that

running

Post by running »

Summing up, from 6 pieces, 2 are both damaged, both to which tv they are not connected, they behave the same (image loss and green pixels)

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

running wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 5:33 am
Summing up, from 6 pieces, 2 are both damaged, both to which tv they are not connected, they behave the same (image loss and green pixels)
Have you tried this.

USB Backup your user file ssd version from a good working unit and USB Upgrade it into the units that are not working as well.
After that check that you have the exact same menu setting for AV output etc.

Owen

aorfe2003

V8X No graba más de 3.99Gb

Post by aorfe2003 »

Hola a todos! Abro este hilo aunque por lo que he visto se ha abierto en muchas ocasiones y el equipo de desarrolladores de GT Media, de momento no veo que se pongan con ello. Esto es un quebradero de cabeza para los clientes el poder conseguir grabar mas de 3.99Gb, a base de grabaciones separadas y cortando a medias por ejemplo la grabación de una película. Por favor, señores de GTMedia, empiecen a tomar nota de las quejas de los clientes porque igual que se compra el producto, se devuelve sin más. Debería al menos de hacer particiones de 3.99Gb pero tampoco lo hace. La única manera de poder grabar es de forma manual pero imposible con temporizador de programación de grabación. Ojalá valga para algo estas palabras y alguien de una vez por todas lo solucione. Alguien ha podido hacer algo? Un saludo

ameenjuz

Waiting firmware for V8 Nova blue

Post by ameenjuz »

We have tired to waiting for this option
<V8Nova, V8X> <P2><Confirmed> <Add delete multiple/ all or deselect channels option.>viewtopic.php?f=33&p=88035#p88035
Everyday we check download section to firmware for v8 nova
The team is not being added this option since 4 months
This is a question on team's qualification

Tom.w
网站管理员

Re: Waiting firmware for V8 Nova blue

Post by Tom.w »

ameenjuz wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:42 am
<V8Nova, V8X> <P2><Confirmed> <Add delete multiple/ all or deselect channels option.>viewtopic.php?f=33&p=88035#p88035
Everyday we check download section to firmware for v8 nova
The team is not being added this option since 4 months
This is a question on team's qualification
hello
we will fix it ASAP.
Thank you very much

VN1600

Re:Re: V8UHD 4K Heritage channel on INTELSAT 10-2 Sat 0,8W

Post by VN1600 »

Re, my msg dtd 02.08 in this same page (I also correct here an error in the title: correct satellite is Intelsat and not Thor), thanks to cpr43 for taking time to reply to my msg!
I want to inform you that the responsible for the channel emission has been advised of the problems in decoding their signal and has since corrected the issue. I can now receive and view perfectly the said channel, now identified only as "4K" in my V8 UHD!
Regards
Alessandro
Stab HH90 Usals dish 80x75cm, Wavefrontier T90 16Lnb,V8UHD, V8TURBO, X8 Combo

ncansan

Post by ncansan »

Tom.w wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:02 am
ncansan wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:47 am
Tom.w wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 3:01 am
ncansan wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 1:01 am
Tom.w wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 3:51 am
ncansan wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 11:51 am
belmonte wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:23 am
Hello,

1.- In the last firmware (a some previous also) I have to turn on cccam lines every time a power on the box, by default the cccam lines are off when a power on the box, despite I have save the cccam lines correctly.

2.- I don't know when and from time to time but some times the image turns green, I have to restart the box or change the display to PAL, Auto or NTSC to watch the image with normal colors

Regards.
Similar issue with my V8 UHD with latest firmware. Everytime I switch on, cccam lines are in idle state. I have to stop the cccam line and start again and then it works ok. And when I said 'switch on', it means from standby state, I don't remove power supply.
ok,we will check and fix it.
Hello. Any update about this issue?
I have found out more information. If DHCP is off, when I turn on the V8 UHD, I have to turn off the cccam lines and then on, in order to open the channels. But if DHCP is on, then I can see properly the channels without turning off-on the cccam lines. So it seems it is a bug only if DHCP is off.
However I need DHCP off to choose different DNS servers for the iptv service. Please check if the bug can be fixed.
hello
thank you very much for your detail information.
we will fix it.
Hello. New V220 firmware did not fix this issue. Will it be fixed in the next firmware release? Thank you.
Yes
we have fixed this issue. it will release in the next firmware.
Hello.
I have been waiting for more than 2 months, but the latest V240 firmware did not fix this issue. What happened? Was it a mistake?
Is it possible to release a new firmware with this patch very soon?

PCBtea

Post by PCBtea »

kquijada wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 3:03 pm
Good morning, I would like to report that with the new firmware of the v8x it does not open YouTube videos, the screen remains black when it should start loading the video and then the receiver must be turned off by the rear switch since it does not respond to the commands of control.

------

Buenos dias, quisiera reportar que con el nuevo firmware del v8x no abre los videos de YouTube, se queda la pantalla en negro cuando deberia empezar a cargar el video y hay entonces que apagar el receptor por el interruptor trasero ya que no responde a los comandos del control.
Hi, do you have a USB Drive plugged in?

If so, try to remove it and see if it helps.

In my case it helped to format the USB Drive to FAT32.

Hope I could Help
PCBtea

kquijada

Post by kquijada »

PCBtea wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 7:23 pm
kquijada wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 3:03 pm

------

Hi, do you have a USB Drive plugged in?

If so, try to remove it and see if it helps.

In my case it helped to format the USB Drive to FAT32.

Hope I could Help
PCBtea
Disculpa, al abrir la aplicacion YouTube en mi V8x, los videos no cargan.
----------
Sorry, when I open the YouTube application on my V8x, the videos do not load.
--------------------
Gtmedia V8X 8-) Diseqc 4*1, Amazonas 61° W, Star One C2 70° W, Túpac Katari 87.2° W

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”