Horrible remote control V8, V8X, V9

V8 NOVA / V8 HONOR / V8 PRO2/V8 UHD / V8X

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

matesaak

Horrible remote control V8, V8X, V9

Post by matesaak »

Hi again,
as one of test users, I must say - V8X is almost perfect receiver. But although all positives, since first receivers - V7S to V9, V8X there is still one (very) annoying think.
:arrow: :arrow: That was remote control usability. :!:
V8X got new remote controller, that's nice... But need to aim precisely to receiver every time when I wish to change prog/volume is pretty frustrating.(distance from couch and receiver is max. 2 meters).
:idea: Why Can I use my S*ms*** TV remote controller aim to every direction of my room and work's is without problem even from 3-4meters and GT-Media have still almost unusable remote controllers? :( Please, improve it in future products.

BTW: One knowledge - when I use universal remote controller, situation is little better, but not good.
Thanks.

STRETCH

Re: Horrible remote control V8, V8X, V9

Post by STRETCH »

It depends on the user, I find that the new remote with the V8x is to bulky, I use the remote from my V8 NOVA ORANGE because I can hold it between my thumb and run my fore finger over the keys, this is a nice slim remote.

Den

Ivn101

Post by Ivn101 »

LOLOL,
I use my OpenBox S9 remote.
Exactly the same functioning buttons, and very similar software layout.

I get the sense they were the same family of receivers in the past.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Yes I too use the Skybox remote, the same thing as your OpenBox S9 remote.
The DVR info button still brings up the "Zoom" option, even on the new UHD.
By chance the right arrow button turns my heater on / off.
I use the unused FF ReW Stop etc buttons for a AV switch that learns from your remote.

I have ordered some learning remotes that allow for 3 sets of commands.
I hope to get the learning remote electronics into one of my Skybox remotes as the case and layout works very well.

alec_c has said they hope to make a menu option to choose what remote you use, V7 V8 V8X etc, so you can have more than one GT Media unit running.

Yes I too think the V8 models started from openbox / skybox and remember the early Freesat unit was "Freesat openbox V8"

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

David61622

Post by David61622 »

Hola, la verdad que depende del gusto de cada persona, yo particularmente como estetica me gusta pero como usabilidad me gusta más el mando del V8 nova.
Saludos.

lupe2265

Post by lupe2265 »

matesaak wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:50 am
Hi again,
as one of test users, I must say - V8X is almost perfect receiver. But although all positives, since first receivers - V7S to V9, V8X there is still one (very) annoying think.
V8X got new remote controller, that's nice... But need to aim precisely to receiver every time when I wish to change prog/volume is pretty frustrating.(distance from couch and receiver is max. 2 meters).
:idea: Why Can I use my S*ms*** TV remote controller aim to every direction of my room and work's is without problem even from 3-4meters and GT-Media have still almost unusable remote controllers? :( Please, improve it in future products.

BTW: One knowledge - when I use universal remote controller, situation is little better, but not good.
Thanks.

the remote is fine the problem with these recievers is the internal remote sensor ic change thisto a better ic in the receiver and it will work like it should be I did this with 2 of my receiver even aiming it at the walls it works

Lorax

Post by Lorax »

lupe2265 wrote:
Sun Aug 30, 2020 1:32 pm
matesaak wrote:
Hi again,

Thanks.

the remote is fine the problem with these recievers is the internal remote sensor ic change thisto a better ic in the receiver and it will work like it should be I did this with 2 of my receiver even aiming it at the walls it works
Could you tell the part number and where you got them? I am frustrated with the performance of this too.
Thank You!

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

lupe2265 wrote:
Sun Aug 30, 2020 1:32 pm
matesaak wrote:
Hi again,

Thanks.

With the V8Pro2 unit I and other user took the case off and drilled a hole in front of the sensor.
This improved the remote a greatly.
I think the problem is the dark plastic case is too dark for the IR signal to pass freely.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

lupe2265

Post by lupe2265 »

lorax hi check these on ebay or amazon search ( " 38 kHz Remote TSOP4838 DIP-3 IR Receiver Infrared Radiation Modules) or just search TSOP4838 you'll find them I took mine from old receiver that I had laying around.

Lorax

Post by Lorax »

lupe2265 wrote:
Sun Aug 30, 2020 11:29 pm
lorax hi check these on ebay or amazon search ( " 38 kHz Remote TSOP4838 DIP-3 IR Receiver Infrared Radiation Modules) or just search TSOP4838 you'll find them I took mine from old receiver that I had laying around.
Thank you very much lupe2265!

Lining
网站管理员

Post by Lining »

matesaak wrote:
Hi again,

Thanks.
When the battery is OK, there is no obstruction, the linear distance of the remote control is 8 meters, and the bevel angle is 30 degrees
FREESAT brand change GT MEDlA

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”