Gtshare out of house

V8 NOVA / V8 HONOR / V8 PRO2/V8 UHD / V8X

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

toranzo84

Gtshare out of house

Post by toranzo84 »

Hello. I want use gtshare out of my home, but i don't know what ports must i open, because i have a ddns on my router, and i do before with a qviart combo and vlc. Thanks

Bellman
网站管理员

Re: Gtshare out of house

Post by Bellman »

You need to forward port 81.
Scanning the arc 43w to 139 w c/ku 11 foot dish. gt media v7hd v8 nova orange/blue v8 pro 2 v8x v8 uhd

RGG1

Post by RGG1 »

Bellman wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:18 pm
Could you please put a procedure on how to connect from outside the local network with the new Gtshare apk?

Bellman
网站管理员

Post by Bellman »

RGG1 wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:40 pm
Bellman wrote:
Could you please put a procedure on how to connect from outside the local network with the new Gtshare apk?
Fist step you need to log into your router and find your port forwarding rules and have your router forward port 81 for your V8x IP address.
Step 2 you need to find out what your public IP address is.
Step 3 go to the GT share app on your phone type in your public IP address example 15.134.12.11:81 where :81 is the port you are telling the GT share app what port to request to connect to your v8x on. IF you have a dynamic IP address if it changes you have to change that when it does change to reconnect to the v8x every time it changes. A static IP address is much better option because your IP address will stay the same. There is work arounds for a dynamic IP address but lots more configurations that you have to do in your router. If you do some goggle searching on the internet you will find lots of info on port forwarding and how to make a outside connection in your router. there is also youtube videos on how to port forward and make outside the home connection.
Scanning the arc 43w to 139 w c/ku 11 foot dish. gt media v7hd v8 nova orange/blue v8 pro 2 v8x v8 uhd

RGG1

Post by RGG1 »

Bellman wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 1:17 pm
RGG1 wrote:
Bellman wrote:
Fist step you need to log into your router and find your port forwarding rules and have your router forward port 81 for your V8x IP address.
Step 3 go to the GT share app on your phone type in your public IP address example 15.134.12.11:81 where :81 is the port you are telling the GT share app what port to request to connect to your v8x on. IF you have a dynamic IP address if it changes you have to change that when it does change to reconnect to the v8x every time it changes. A static IP address is much better option because your IP address will stay the same. There is work arounds for a dynamic IP address but lots more configurations that you have to do in your router. If you do some goggle searching on the internet you will find lots of info on port forwarding and how to make a outside connection in your router. there is also youtube videos on how to port forward and make outside the home connection.
Thank you very much very kind. I understand that the public ip (or non-ip type ddnns server) and the port: 81 are entered in the option "+" of the apk that says add server ip. In the previous V8 in the Satip option I know how to do it through the creation of a m3u list or the VLC apk but with the new apk I was not sure.
Do you know if the transmission is stable? assuming the upload speed is good from the V8X's local network.
BR.

Bellman
网站管理员

Post by Bellman »

RGG1 wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:43 pm
Bellman wrote:
RGG1 wrote:
Bellman wrote:
Thank you very much very kind. I understand that the public ip (or non-ip type ddnns server) and the port: 81 are entered in the option "+" of the apk that says add server ip. In the previous V8 in the Satip option I know how to do it through the creation of a m3u list or the VLC apk but with the new apk I was not sure.
Do you know if the transmission is stable? assuming the upload speed is good from the V8X's local network.
BR.
Yes its stable if you have very good upload speed that is what is very important if you are out of home your upload speed has to be very good or you will get buffering or even time out on the connection.

yoga10

Post by yoga10 »

Bellman wrote:
RGG1 wrote:
Bellman wrote:

First of all, sorry for my English, I have used a translator.

I have tried to do it but I have not succeeded, I am going to explain what I have done, if you will help me find out where I have failed.

First, find out the IP of the deco, very easy, I only had to enter the deco and go to the networks part. Something like that will come out
direccion deco.jpg[/attachmen Segundo hacer un reenvio de puerto en mi router al puerto 81. Aqui me surge alguna duda de si esta hecho bien. [attachment=1]direccion deco.jpg
Third, find out the external IP, it is easy, I only have to enter one of the pages to measure the speed of my router or one that tells you what IP you have. We will call it X.X.X.X

Fourth step go to GTShare has to enter the data. Here there are already more problems, at the top where it says List of wanted boxes it says get IP error. Even so, I continue, I give the + button and enter the external IP address with the port X.X.X.X: 81 but it gives me an error. Any ideas? Does anyone see where I am wrong?

Thank you very much in advance
Attachments
puertos deco.jpg
puertos deco.jpg (3.62 MiB) Viewed 3279 times
direccion deco.jpg
direccion deco.jpg (1.06 MiB) Viewed 3279 times

juan_vale
网站管理员

Post by juan_vale »

You need to do the "port forwarding" in your modem. There are a lot of different modems and they all use different setups, but basically you need for the port 81 to "jump" your modem and appear on the WAN(external IP) side. If you don't do this then port 81 will never appear on the internet side of your modem. To help you use Google and put "port forwarding *****) where *****=model of your modem.

I use this site to check my ports, just put the port number in the box and click on check... it will tell you if the port is open. >>

Code: Select all

https://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/
No live links (Rule #18) highlight the URL and use the Code tag option "</>"
V7HD, V8SUPER, V8X, V7PRO, GTC, FORMULER F4(TURBO)

yoga10

Post by yoga10 »

juan_vale wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 6:12 pm
You need to do the "port forwarding" in your modem. There are a lot of different modems and they all use different setups, but basically you need for the port 81 to "jump" your modem and appear on the WAN(external IP) side. If you don't do this then port 81 will never appear on the internet side of your modem. To help you use Google and put "port forwarding *****) where *****=model of your modem.

I use this site to check my ports, just put the port number in the box and click on check... it will tell you if the port is open. >>

Code: Select all

https://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/
Thanks for answering, I have had problems with the forum.
After much research I think the failure is due to my connection.
I use an internet connection from a local company. It is a connection that uses an outdoor antenna that connects to my router. I think the problem is that I open the port on my router, but I receive the air connection that does not have the port open, so even if I have port 81 open on my router, it is useless because of the air network that I receive it has it closed. Could that be?

juan_vale
网站管理员

Post by juan_vale »

yoga10 wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:00 am
Thanks for answering, I have had problems with the forum.
After much research I think the failure is due to my connection.
I use an internet connection from a local company. It is a connection that uses an outdoor antenna that connects to my router. I think the problem is that I open the port on my router, but I receive the air connection that does not have the port open, so even if I have port 81 open on my router, it is useless because of the air network that I receive it has it closed. Could that be?
If your internet is as you described, then that is your problem. I have a similar problem at one of my houses, and there is no easy solution. If you google "double NAT" you will read about the problem. You can ask your internet company for a "public IP", and see if they will give you one, and they may charge extra for the service. I believe the internet companies are doing this to limit streaming from home, as it uses a lot of bandwidth . Good luck in trying to get it fixed.
No live links (Rule #18) highlight the URL and use the Code tag option "</>"
V7HD, V8SUPER, V8X, V7PRO, GTC, FORMULER F4(TURBO)

yoga10

Post by yoga10 »

Muchísimas gracias por tu ayuda, aunque no haya podido arreglarlo

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”