Which cheap receiver that do powerVu ,Biss

V8 NOVA / V8 HONOR / V8 PRO2/V8 UHD / V8X

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

mrel

Which cheap receiver that do powerVu ,Biss

Post by mrel »

Hi
Have super v8 receiver ,since no support for super v8 need buy another receiver with support.
Looking for cheap price receiver , no use paid high price for receiver when support on gt- media is not support forever on their receiver.
GT-Media has to many different receiver, which model is cheapest to pick,one that does powerVu,Biss.
mrel

Marantz

Re: Which cheap receiver that do powerVu ,Biss

Post by Marantz »

Hi

The V8 super still works well with power-view and does do biss with the right codes but i think you will need a new receiver for auto-biss.

i have a V8 super ,V7 max and a V7shd ,i too was kinda wondering what would be the cheapest model that would do auto- biss

I have C and KU systems and don't even know if the auto-biss would even get/gain me all that much more in the way of channels (in North America)

i see a few posts that say there are still a few problems but since i dont have it i cant comment

good luck

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

Depends on what part of the world you are, what satellites you can receive, what channels you wish the receiver to decode.
You could try the new models V8X / V8UHD / V7PRO, a couple of older models which have good support V8 NOVA ORANGE/BLUE.
Give us members more info, plus have a read around the forum

Den

mrel

Post by mrel »

In north america

iq180
网站管理员

Post by iq180 »

JMHO, the new V8-X is the best receiver at this time.

Marantz

Post by Marantz »

Hi

My last post was taken down , I don't know why but anyways i looked at the V8X and i don't need the scart output ,what other GTMedia receiver is cheap and has the auto-biss feature .

Maybe the post was removed because i asked what other receivers are cheap with Auto-biss and they thought i meant other brands sorry but i should have said Freesat/GT media since that is what i been using over the years ,I have a V7 max ,V7shd and a V8super

I have C and KU dishes in N.America ,would i gain many more channels with auto-biss?

Thanks

iq180
网站管理员

Post by iq180 »

Marantz wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:14 pm
Hi

My last post was taken down , I don't know why but anyways i looked at the V8X and i don't need the scart output ,what other GTMedia receiver is cheap and has the auto-biss feature .

Maybe the post was removed because i asked what other receivers are cheap with Auto-biss and they thought i meant other brands sorry but i should have said Freesat/GT media since that is what i been using over the years ,I have a V7 max ,V7shd and a V8super

I have C and KU dishes in N.America ,would i gain many more channels with auto-biss?

Thanks
As I said, the new V8-X is the best working receiver at this time, same good working menu as the V8-Super, it has HDMI port, just buy the scart plug for RCA-red-yellow-white-cables, you can get the scart plug for 3 or 4 USD on ebay, I don't like the V8X remote but the V8 super remote works with it.

mrel

Post by mrel »

Hi
Since the V8-X use the same remote as the super V8,so what is the different between Super V8 and the V8-X?
Please explain the difference between the Super V8 and V8-X.
mrel

iq180
网站管理员

Post by iq180 »

mrel wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:10 pm
Hi
Since the V8-X use the same remote as the super V8,so what is the different between Super V8 and the V8-X?
mrel
It has auto BISS, it opens the music chs on 125.0w, it auto rolls the 3720 TP on 58.0w, it gets updates that the old v8 Super don't get, it's just a better receiver than the old v8 Super in many ways.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

The V8X also has the newer types of satellite services in it, like multistream.
Older units like the V8 Super are left behind as they do not have the extra base firmware for these newer types of satellite services.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

bh62549

Post by bh62549 »

100.5E, GTMEDIA, that model may support Auto-biss.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

bh62549 wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:18 pm
100.5E, GTMEDIA, that model may support Auto-biss.
Replied to your other post.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

frank79

Post by frank79 »

iq180 wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:52 pm
mrel wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:10 pm
Hi
mrel
It has auto BISS, it opens the music chs on 125.0w, it auto rolls the 3720 TP on 58.0w, it gets updates that the old v8 Super don't get, it's just a better receiver than the old v8 Super in many ways.
music channells are free on gal 14 125w

mrel

Post by mrel »

Purchase a gtmedia receiver v8x from ebay company located in california.
Is there away to find out if this receiver not a counterfeit receiver?

I am in the united state all satellites listed in the receiver are Europe.
Is there a list to download for north america satellites for this receiver?
mrel

iq180
网站管理员

Post by iq180 »

mrel wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:35 am
Purchase a gtmedia receiver v8x from ebay company located in california.
Is there away to find out if this receiver not a counterfeit receiver?

I am in the united state all satellites listed in the receiver are Europe.
Is there a list to download for north america satellites for this receiver?
mrel
I think there is a list but I think it is best to add your own satellites 1 at a time and scan them,JMHO.

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”