Problems connecting gtmedia v8 nova orange to the internet

V8 NOVA / V8 HONOR / V8 PRO2/V8 UHD / V8X

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

micaalves99

Problems connecting gtmedia v8 nova orange to the internet

Post by micaalves99 »

I bought a GTmedia v8 nova orange recently. I have already updated to the latest version found here on the site.

It happens that I can't connect the device to the internet through cables, at the rj45 input, I press connect and it seems that the device does not respond. It is only working through the wireless connection, which also has several bugs. I am disappointed with the device.

I would like to know if there is a solution to the problems or if there will be an update to correct them.

alex.c
网站管理员

Re: Problems connecting gtmedia v8 nova orange to the internet

Post by alex.c »

micaalves99 wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:17 pm
I bought a GTmedia v8 nova orange recently. I have already updated to the latest version found here on the site.

It happens that I can't connect the device to the internet through cables, at the rj45 input, I press connect and it seems that the device does not respond. It is only working through the wireless connection, which also has several bugs. I am disappointed with the device.

I would like to know if there is a solution to the problems or if there will be an update to correct them.
It should be a hardware issue.
Please check if the lights of RJ45 are flickering when you cconnect the cables.

micaalves99

Post by micaalves99 »

Yes, they the lights are flickering when I connect the cable. I believe that is a firmware issue, because the first connection I made with the device was cable, and connected. However, after I connected via wi-fi to test the operation, a cable connection didn't work anymore.

micaalves99

Post by micaalves99 »

Would you have links to the old updates to give me? I would like to downgrade, since when the device arrived, before I upgraded to the latest version, in September, the lan cable was working normally.

micaalves99

Post by micaalves99 »

I made a video showing what is going on. The latest firmware is buggy.

Here is the video link: https://youtu.be/_XrbLPJsa2g
Attachments
WhatsApp Image 2020-09-22 at 21.07.36.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2020-09-22 at 21.07.36.jpeg (44.96 KiB) Viewed 1452 times

Tom.w
网站管理员

Post by Tom.w »

micaalves99 wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:15 pm
Yes, they the lights are flickering when I connect the cable. I believe that is a firmware issue, because the first connection I made with the device was cable, and connected. However, after I connected via wi-fi to test the operation, a cable connection didn't work anymore.
If maybe firmware issue,please try to reset factory setting,then test.

micaalves99

Post by micaalves99 »

I already tested factory reset.

I imagine that the error appeared after the last update, because before updating the receiver was working well through wired lan.

Tom.w
网站管理员

Post by Tom.w »

micaalves99 wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:58 am
I already tested factory reset.

I imagine that the error appeared after the last update, because before updating the receiver was working well through wired lan.
hello,do you have any previous firmware,then confirm lan is ok?

micaalves99

Post by micaalves99 »

Hi, i tried to update to a 2019 firmware that i found, but the device did not accept an update (downgrade actually).

The lan is ok, because I am using the device via wi-fi, but the cable does not work at all, despite the lights flashing normally, as shown in the link that you provide above.

The staff could verify this and launch an update to fix this firmware bug.

cpr43
网站管理员

Post by cpr43 »

micaalves99 wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:00 pm
Hi, i tried to update to a 2019 firmware that i found, but the device did not accept an update (downgrade actually).

The lan is ok, because I am using the device via wi-fi, but the cable does not work at all, despite the lights flashing normally, as shown in the link that you provide above.

The staff could verify this and launch an update to fix this firmware bug.
Download using the flash.bin process using a USB. Do some search around.

micaalves99

Post by micaalves99 »

Nothing I did solve the problem. I would like to know when the company will position itself and resolve the defect through a firmware update. I am prevented from using gtshare, since it only works through a wired internet connection and my receiver is only working through wi-fi.

Tom.w
网站管理员

Post by Tom.w »

micaalves99 wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:12 pm
Nothing I did solve the problem. I would like to know when the company will position itself and resolve the defect through a firmware update. I am prevented from using gtshare, since it only works through a wired internet connection and my receiver is only working through wi-fi.
hello
did you try to update any previous firmware?
do you remember the firmware version which it is work ok?

micaalves99

Post by micaalves99 »

Hi. I was unable to upgrade to an earlier version. I just found a very old one, from 2019, that the receiver did not accept. I don't remember which update came on the receiver, because as soon as it arrived, I tested it quickly and already searched for the most recent update.

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”