Problema Gtmedia V8 Uhd con Hdmi Arc

V8 NOVA / V8 HONOR / V8 PRO2/V8 UHD / V8X

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

amatilve

Problema Gtmedia V8 Uhd con Hdmi Arc

Post by amatilve »

Hola el problema que tengo es que el Gtmedia V8 Uhd al estar conectado por hdmi a la tv y tener un home cinema Yamaha con Arc conectado a la tv este no enciende y no puedo escucharlo por el home cinema. No se como puedo solucionarlo, haber si a alguien se le ocurre algo. Gracias

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Re: Problema Gtmedia V8 Uhd con Hdmi Arc

Post by Feralkiwi »

Another user has reported this too.

I think it is HDMI 5 protocol that is looking at what is connected and refusing to turn on the out going HDMI port.
My local SkyTV boxes will not turn on the HDMI port for anything other that a TV, ie no DVB-T senders etc.

If you have one, try using a HDMI splitter before the GT Media box to your audio amp.
There are also HDMI splitters that clean the output so the next device thinks there is a TV.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

amatilve

Post by amatilve »

Gracias. Lo intentaré

cientista27

Post by cientista27 »

Hi, I am the first person to complain about this problem, at the moment we are 3 people with this problem. I think it is not a protocol at all, it is some fault in Gtmedia v8 UHD. I've tried stray hdmi splitters and it doesn't solve anything. I have a Gtmedia v8 pro2 and it works perfectly with my ARC soud bar. Please Gtmedia solve this problem I have the Gtmedia V8 UHD stopped unused because of this problem, so I will have a lot of doubts when I buy the next generation from Gtmedia. Or don't buy more GTmedia

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

cientista27 wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:19 am
Hi, I am the first person to complain about this problem, at the moment we are 3 people with this problem. I think it is not a protocol at all, it is some fault in Gtmedia v8 UHD. I've tried stray hdmi splitters and it doesn't solve anything. I have a Gtmedia v8 pro2 and it works perfectly with my ARC soud bar. Please Gtmedia solve this problem I have the Gtmedia V8 UHD stopped unused because of this problem, so I will have a lot of doubts when I buy the next generation from Gtmedia. Or don't buy more GTmedia
I have posted this in the bug tracking system and alerted GT Media to look at this.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

rafbir

Post by rafbir »

helllo
GTmedia v8 uhd not workingo whit ARC hdmi samsung sounbar..whyyyyyy
Gtmedia v7s hd working very good

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

rafbir wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:11 pm
helllo
GTmedia v8 uhd not workingo whit ARC hdmi samsung sounbar..whyyyyyy
Gtmedia v7s hd working very good
If you read the posts above you will see that I think this is the new HDMi 5 protocol.

Owen

amatilve

Post by amatilve »

Hola hay que anular el pin 13 del hdmi.

ariadnathalia

Posible solucion Problema audio Hdmi. V8UHD. Problem V8UHD Hdmi Audio, Solution

Post by ariadnathalia »

Hola que tal. Yo acabo de aquirir el v8UHD, y antes tuve el V7, y despues el v8x, y ninguno me ha dado problemas con el audio. Mi consejo es el siguiente: Yo conecto el receptor directo al Amplificador ( en mi caso un Sony), y tengo activada la funcion eARC,la cual consiste en hacer que el audio de la Tv regrese al amplificador por el mismo cable HDMI, que utilizo para enviarle la señal de video al TV. Algo muy importante es el cable HDMI, no todos aceptan la funcion de RETORNO DE AUDIO (eARC), ademas tiene que configurarse el amplificador con esta funcion activada, asi como la pantalla de tv. Tambien debes desactivar la funcion de paso de audio directo al tv, con el amplificador apagado, para evitar una retroalimentacion, comunmente llamada "feedback". Te repito, no conectes el GTmedia directo al tv, conectalo directo al amp, y para que te de el sonido con Dolby ( esto es Sonido envolvente), configura el GTmedia, en las funciones de ajuste AV, como salida BS, no PCM, asi te manda las señales de audio con sonido de teatro. La idea de esto, es convertir la pantalla de audio en MONITOR de VIDEO SOLAMENTE, si la tv tiene opcion de desactivar las bocinas internas, Desactivalas y permite que la salida de audio del tv, se vaya directo al amplificador, o sea que los canales DTH (locales) o el audio de aplicaciones como Netflix, Youtube, etc pase al amplificador como retorno por el cable HDMI. Si aun asi no te funciona, desactiva la funcion eARC, del amp y de la TV, y utiliza un cable de audio digital (TOSLINK) desde la salida del Tv, a la entrada del amplificador, pero recuerda esto, el GT media, conectalo directo al amplificador. si no vas a utilizar amplificador, conectalo al tv por hdmi, y desactiva la funcion (eARC), del tv. Recuerda esta es "retorno de audio, por el mismo cable Hdmi. Si tienes dudas estoy a tus ordenes. Suerte

Hi, how are you? I just got the v8UHD, and before I had the V7, and then the v8x, and neither has given me problems with the audio. My advice is as follows: I connect the receiver directly to the Amplifier (in my case a Sony), and I have activated the eARC function, which consists of making the audio from the TV return to the amplifier through the same HDMI cable, which I use to send the video signal to the TV. Something very important is the HDMI cable, not all of them accept the AUDIO RETURN function (eARC), also the amplifier has to be configured with this function activated, as well as the TV screen. You should also deactivate the direct audio pass-through function to the TV, with the amplifier off, to avoid feedback, commonly called "feedback". I repeat, do not connect the GTmedia directly to the TV, connect it directly to the amp, and so that it gives you the sound with Dolby (this is Surround Sound), configure the GTmedia, in the AV adjustment functions, as BS output, not PCM, This is how it sends you the audio signals with theater sound. The idea of ​​this is to convert the audio screen into a VIDEO MONITOR ONLY, if the TV has the option of deactivating the internal speakers, Deactivate them and allow the audio output of the TV to go directly to the amplifier, that is, the channels DTH (local) or the audio from applications such as Netflix, Youtube, etc. pass to the amplifier as a return through the HDMI cable. If it still doesn't work for you, deactivate the eARC function, the amp and the TV, and use a digital audio cable (TOSLINK) from the TV output, to the amplifier input, but remember this, the GT media, connect it direct to the amplifier. If you are not going to use an amplifier, connect it to the tv via hdmi, and deactivate the function (eARC) of the tv. Remember this is "audio return, by the same HDMI cable. If you have doubts, I am at your service. Good luck

alex.c
网站管理员

Re: Posible solucion Problema audio Hdmi. V8UHD. Problem V8UHD Hdmi Audio, Solution

Post by alex.c »

ariadnathalia wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:38 pm
Hola que tal. Yo acabo de aquirir el v8UHD, y antes tuve el V7, y despues el v8x, y ninguno me ha dado problemas con el audio. Mi consejo es el siguiente: Yo conecto el receptor directo al Amplificador ( en mi caso un Sony), y tengo activada la funcion eARC,la cual consiste en hacer que el audio de la Tv regrese al amplificador por el mismo cable HDMI, que utilizo para enviarle la señal de video al TV. Algo muy importante es el cable HDMI, no todos aceptan la funcion de RETORNO DE AUDIO (eARC), ademas tiene que configurarse el amplificador con esta funcion activada, asi como la pantalla de tv. Tambien debes desactivar la funcion de paso de audio directo al tv, con el amplificador apagado, para evitar una retroalimentacion, comunmente llamada "feedback". Te repito, no conectes el GTmedia directo al tv, conectalo directo al amp, y para que te de el sonido con Dolby ( esto es Sonido envolvente), configura el GTmedia, en las funciones de ajuste AV, como salida BS, no PCM, asi te manda las señales de audio con sonido de teatro. La idea de esto, es convertir la pantalla de audio en MONITOR de VIDEO SOLAMENTE, si la tv tiene opcion de desactivar las bocinas internas, Desactivalas y permite que la salida de audio del tv, se vaya directo al amplificador, o sea que los canales DTH (locales) o el audio de aplicaciones como Netflix, Youtube, etc pase al amplificador como retorno por el cable HDMI. Si aun asi no te funciona, desactiva la funcion eARC, del amp y de la TV, y utiliza un cable de audio digital (TOSLINK) desde la salida del Tv, a la entrada del amplificador, pero recuerda esto, el GT media, conectalo directo al amplificador. si no vas a utilizar amplificador, conectalo al tv por hdmi, y desactiva la funcion (eARC), del tv. Recuerda esta es "retorno de audio, por el mismo cable Hdmi. Si tienes dudas estoy a tus ordenes. Suerte

Hi, how are you? I just got the v8UHD, and before I had the V7, and then the v8x, and neither has given me problems with the audio. My advice is as follows: I connect the receiver directly to the Amplifier (in my case a Sony), and I have activated the eARC function, which consists of making the audio from the TV return to the amplifier through the same HDMI cable, which I use to send the video signal to the TV. Something very important is the HDMI cable, not all of them accept the AUDIO RETURN function (eARC), also the amplifier has to be configured with this function activated, as well as the TV screen. You should also deactivate the direct audio pass-through function to the TV, with the amplifier off, to avoid feedback, commonly called "feedback". I repeat, do not connect the GTmedia directly to the TV, connect it directly to the amp, and so that it gives you the sound with Dolby (this is Surround Sound), configure the GTmedia, in the AV adjustment functions, as BS output, not PCM, This is how it sends you the audio signals with theater sound. The idea of ​​this is to convert the audio screen into a VIDEO MONITOR ONLY, if the TV has the option of deactivating the internal speakers, Deactivate them and allow the audio output of the TV to go directly to the amplifier, that is, the channels DTH (local) or the audio from applications such as Netflix, Youtube, etc. pass to the amplifier as a return through the HDMI cable. If it still doesn't work for you, deactivate the eARC function, the amp and the TV, and use a digital audio cable (TOSLINK) from the TV output, to the amplifier input, but remember this, the GT media, connect it direct to the amplifier. If you are not going to use an amplifier, connect it to the tv via hdmi, and deactivate the function (eARC) of the tv. Remember this is "audio return, by the same HDMI cable. If you have doubts, I am at your service. Good luck
Hello,
You mean you connect GTMedia output->Amplifier input->Amplifier output->TV input->TV eARC output->Amplifier input?
I am using Amplifier too.
But I just need to connect GTMedia output->Amplifier input->Amplifier output->TV input,
and then amplifier can play the audio and TV play the video.

evarese

Post by evarese »

Also I have the same problem, noted as soon as I connected my V8UHD to the existing system and from the beginning working with a lot of other sat decoders.
I connect the V8 to the Sony TV and this is linked with a Yamaha soundbar, very simply. After about 20 seconds from the V8's HDMI linking, the audio switches to the TV's internal speakers; if I disconnect the V8, after few seconds, an automatic switch to external audio system occurs!
Also I tried to change the audio output of the V8 to BS, as suggested by ariadnathalia, but no change at all: it's unuseful.
I am firmly convinced that it's only an hardware V8's problem, to be fixed asap, if possible!
GTCombo - V8 UHD - V8 Finder - V8 Finder2 - 90 cm motorized dish

evarese

Post by evarese »

I can add to my post above that if I connect to the same HDMI cable (of the V8 UHD) an other GTMedia product - the V8 Finder up-dated to the last firmware - my soundbar continues to work perfectly. So, in other words, it's confirmed that the problem is due to a particular setting/hardware problem of the V8 that MUST be fixed asap, thanks!

ariadnathalia

Post by ariadnathalia »

Hello everyone. I have made more tests of the hdmi audio system of the v8UHD, and indeed I found a problem with the compatibility of the receiver with other equipment (TVs and Amplifiers), since it makes hidden changes in the configuration of the same, and I think that if it is a Gtmedia v8Uhd Hardware problem, and if so, I think it can not be fixed by software update. In my opinion, the receiver is sending a voltage signal to the HDMI receptacle (either TV or Amp) that blocks the entry of other incoming signals, that is why the sound bars stop working, and cancels the TV's internal speakers, as they are receiving an internal change command, generated by Gtmedia. I hope the company takes into consideration the flaws that V8 UHD users are finding. Merry Christmas to all...

Hola a todos. he realizado mas pruebas de el sistema de audio hdmi del v8UHD, y efectivamente encontre un problema con la compatibilidad del receptor con otros equipos (TVs y Amplificadores), ya que reliza cambios ocultos en la configuracion de los mismos, y creo que si es un problema de Hardware del Gtmedia v8Uhd, y si es asi, no creo que pueda ser reparado mediante actualizacion del software. a mi parecer el receptor esta enviando una señal de voltage al receptaculo Hdmi ( ya sea TV o Amp) que bloquea el ingreso de otras señales entrantes, por eso dejan de funcionar las barras de sonido , y cancela las bocinas internas del TV, pues estan recibiendo un comando de cambio interno, generado por el Gtmedia. Espero que la compañia tome en consideracion las fallas que estamos encontrando los usuarios del V8 UHD. Feliz Navidad a Todos...

Tom.w
网站管理员

Post by Tom.w »

hello everyone

We have noticed this problem and are analyzing it.
Thank you very much.

alex.c
网站管理员

Post by alex.c »

ariadnathalia wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:43 pm
Hello everyone. I have made more tests of the hdmi audio system of the v8UHD, and indeed I found a problem with the compatibility of the receiver with other equipment (TVs and Amplifiers), since it makes hidden changes in the configuration of the same, and I think that if it is a Gtmedia v8Uhd Hardware problem, and if so, I think it can not be fixed by software update. In my opinion, the receiver is sending a voltage signal to the HDMI receptacle (either TV or Amp) that blocks the entry of other incoming signals, that is why the sound bars stop working, and cancels the TV's internal speakers, as they are receiving an internal change command, generated by Gtmedia. I hope the company takes into consideration the flaws that V8 UHD users are finding. Merry Christmas to all...

Hola a todos. he realizado mas pruebas de el sistema de audio hdmi del v8UHD, y efectivamente encontre un problema con la compatibilidad del receptor con otros equipos (TVs y Amplificadores), ya que reliza cambios ocultos en la configuracion de los mismos, y creo que si es un problema de Hardware del Gtmedia v8Uhd, y si es asi, no creo que pueda ser reparado mediante actualizacion del software. a mi parecer el receptor esta enviando una señal de voltage al receptaculo Hdmi ( ya sea TV o Amp) que bloquea el ingreso de otras señales entrantes, por eso dejan de funcionar las barras de sonido , y cancela las bocinas internas del TV, pues estan recibiendo un comando de cambio interno, generado por el Gtmedia. Espero que la compañia tome en consideracion las fallas que estamos encontrando los usuarios del V8 UHD. Feliz Navidad a Todos...
Hello, probably it is caused by HDMI CEC.
Another customer told me that he fixed this problem by cancelling the pin 13 of HDMI.
If you can turn off the CEC control of your Amplifier and TV, maybe it could work.

amatilve

Post by amatilve »

Hola totalmente de acuerdo con Ariadnathalia y yo la solución se la encontré anulando el pin 13 y así consigo que todos los equipos y el gtmedia estén conectados por Arc sin ningún problema.
Un saludo

evarese

Post by evarese »

Sincerely speaking, I don't agree to modify a working cable for getting the V8 UHD on.
I prefer that GT Media could change the firmware bringing its model to the standard!

Tom.w
网站管理员

Post by Tom.w »

evarese wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 2:37 pm
Sincerely speaking, I don't agree to modify a working cable for getting the V8 UHD on.
I prefer that GT Media could change the firmware bringing its model to the standard!
yes
I have sent you a test firmware for this issue.
please test it,then tell me the result.
Thank you very much

evarese

Post by evarese »

Tested the new firmware: no change, sorry!
I sent you a mail with more details, bye.

amatilve

Post by amatilve »

Hola yo también he probado el nuevo firmware y no cambio nada. Gracias

ariadnathalia

Post by ariadnathalia »

Hello everyone, the V8UHD problem, I don't think it can be corrected
With software update, it is a Hardware problem, that is in the connections of the HDMI port output of the receiver motherboard, and therefore the receivers would have to be replaced for all users. I hope GTmedia gives us a solution in this regard.

Hola a todos, el problema del V8UHD, creo que no se puede corregir
con actualizacion del software, es problema del Hardware, o sea que esta en las conexiones de la salida del puerto HDMI de la placa madre del receptor, y pues tendrian que reemplazarnos los receptores a todos los usuarios. Espero que GTmedia nos de una solucion al respecto.

Tom.w
网站管理员

Post by Tom.w »

ariadnathalia wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:21 pm
Hello everyone, the V8UHD problem, I don't think it can be corrected
With software update, it is a Hardware problem, that is in the connections of the HDMI port output of the receiver motherboard, and therefore the receivers would have to be replaced for all users. I hope GTmedia gives us a solution in this regard.

Hola a todos, el problema del V8UHD, creo que no se puede corregir
con actualizacion del software, es problema del Hardware, o sea que esta en las conexiones de la salida del puerto HDMI de la placa madre del receptor, y pues tendrian que reemplazarnos los receptores a todos los usuarios. Espero que GTmedia nos de una solucion al respecto.
hello
we are trying to fix this issue,please waiting and help us testing new firmware.
Thank you very much.

evarese

Post by evarese »

Unlucky, no good news...
I sent a mail with more details.

Tom.w
网站管理员

Post by Tom.w »

evarese wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:11 am
Unlucky, no good news...
I sent a mail with more details.
thank you very much for your cooperation.
we need your help.

Tom.w
网站管理员

Post by Tom.w »

hello
About the v8uhd hdmi Arc issue, We found that this may be a problem with Sony TV.
please see https://www.reddit.com/r/bravia/comment ... rc_issues/

and on the Sony official website, they have given a solution for this issue.
please see https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/supp ... s/00223423

So can you please try to update your Sony TV firmware, then test the V8uhd is working ok or not?
If the TV firmware is updated, but the problem still exists, we need to continue to solve the problem wth V8uhd.

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”