GTMEDIA v8x loses antenna signal when turned off

V8 NOVA / V8 HONOR / V8 PRO2/V8 UHD / V8X

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

akse

GTMEDIA v8x loses antenna signal when turned off

Post by akse »

GTMEDIA v8x loses antenna signal when turned off. I have to disconnect the antenna cable and connect it again. Please help.

STRETCH

Re: GTMEDIA v8x loses antenna signal when turned off

Post by STRETCH »

Why would you have to switch off, i leave my V8x on all the time.

Den

cpr43
网站管理员

Post by cpr43 »

akse wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:02 pm
GTMEDIA v8x loses antenna signal when turned off. I have to disconnect the antenna cable and connect it again. Please help.
latest file did some correction on loosing signal. Have you updated to the latest file??:

viewtopic.php?f=40&t=18373

akse

Post by akse »

cpr43 wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:51 pm
akse wrote:
latest file did some correction on loosing signal. Have you updated to the latest file??:

Yes I have updated. Unfortunately, nothing helped. Signal still loses.

Tom.w
网站管理员

Post by Tom.w »

akse wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:03 pm
cpr43 wrote:
akse wrote:

hello
can you please update the newest firmware from viewtopic.php?f=40&t=18373(GTMEDIA_V8X_ ... 01117.zip)
Thank you very much

akse

Post by akse »

Tom.w wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:27 am
akse wrote:
cpr43 wrote:
akse wrote:

hello
can you please update the newest firmware from viewtopic.php?f=40&t=18373(GTMEDIA_V8X_ ... 01117.zip)
Thank you very much

I have an update (17/11/2020), signal still loses..

Tom.w
网站管理员

Post by Tom.w »

akse wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:13 am
Tom.w wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:27 am
akse wrote:
cpr43 wrote:
akse wrote:

hello
Thank you very much

I have an update (17/11/2020), signal still loses..
thank you very much
I will check the firmware solution

mrgibss

Post by mrgibss »

Hi,

I'm also confirming this problem, even after newest firmware update from 17/11/2020.
Please check it, its annoying.

akse

Post by akse »

When will you fix the firmware?

juan_vale
网站管理员

Post by juan_vale »

I have two V8x's with the latest firmware on both. I do NOT get this problem with either, I can turn the boxes off with the R/C or with the power switch on the back, and as soon as I turn them back on again I get signal. Both of my boxes are connected to a 1x8 DISEqC switch, a seperate switch for each box.
You must have a problem with your antenna, you have not mentioned what type of antenna you are using or if you go through some type of switch. Also please clarify if this problem is only when you turn off with the switch or when you use the R/C. All this information helps to figure out the problem.
No live links (Rule #18) highlight the URL and use the Code tag option "</>"
V7HD, V8SUPER, V8X, V7PRO, GTC, FORMULER F4(TURBO)

akse

Post by akse »

juan_vale wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:07 am
I have two V8x's with the latest firmware on both. I do NOT get this problem with either, I can turn the boxes off with the R/C or with the power switch on the back, and as soon as I turn them back on again I get signal. Both of my boxes are connected to a 1x8 DISEqC switch, a seperate switch for each box.
You must have a problem with your antenna, you have not mentioned what type of antenna you are using or if you go through some type of switch. Also please clarify if this problem is only when you turn off with the switch or when you use the R/C. All this information helps to figure out the problem.
It doesn't matter if I turn it off with the remote control or the power switch on the back, the signal disappears. I don't have DISEqC, I don't have a separate switch.
I have no problem with the antenna, I checked on another nova v8 decoder, the connected one works fine.

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

When ever you switch off the receiver, then switch it back on, how long does it take for the signal to return if just left.
If you have not tried this, can you let us members know how long it takes.

Den

akse

Post by akse »

STRETCH wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:16 am
When ever you switch off the receiver, then switch it back on, how long does it take for the signal to return if just left.

Den

THE SIGNAL WILL NOT COME BACK UNTIL I DISCONNECT AND RECONNECT THE ANTENNA CABLE

akse

Post by akse »

This is my converter

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

Have you had this issue right from the start you receiving this receiver or after you updated the receiver.
After you have reconnected the lnb and the receiver is working, could you not leave the receiver switched on, and not have to turn it off.
I leave my receivers on all the time.

Den

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

akse wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:34 am
STRETCH wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:16 am

Den

THE SIGNAL WILL NOT COME BACK UNTIL I DISCONNECT AND RECONNECT THE ANTENNA CABLE
This now sounds like the over current protection is triggered on power on if the LNB power is set to "OFF"

Please confirm three things for me.

1. This happens on power on if you have the menu setting for LNB power set to "OFF"?
2. Does this happen if you power off in both FTA and encrypted channels?
3. Are these channels "Multistream"?

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Edited Frealkiwi:
Solved with 07 Dec 20202 software.

Confirmed!!

I first tested this using my normal local channels and all worked well.

Correction. Multistream is not the issue!

After this comment by akse I remembered this same thing with the early V8Pro2 software on MULTISTREAM channels.
My local multistream channels would work if I unplugged the LNB cable for a moment.
This was fixed by software version V8Pro2 software of May 2020.

So I tested again with LNB power supplied by another unit through a splitter, and the V8X with LNB power "OFF".
Yes after power off / on the channel shows good signal and quality, but no picture, until you change the setting for LNB power back to "ON".

This shows this is an issue with multistream channels or similar referencing of the video stream.
Multistream TP's show a number like "M162" or "M2" in the TP list, while normal channels do not.

I realised that the only channels that were affected on many satellites are always Vertical polarity.
I tested this by swapping the polarity of the TP's on one satellite from H to V and V to H.
I then twisted the LNB 90 degrees. This swaps the signal from H to V and V to H.
After that the channels that would not open after power Off / On when they were a vertical channel now open as a Horrizontal channel and the ones that were H and did open now do not.

The fault is now defined as:
V8X LNB menu setting set to LNB power "OFF".
Power then unit off and then on.
All vertical polarity channels will now not open video, but still show good signal and quality.

Tom.w
Please note this.

Owen

Added to V8 Bug tracking list.

Edited Frealkiwi:
V8 bug tracking updated, Solved with 07 Dec 20202 software.
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

A temporary fix for those on a community antennas (those with one satellite on Vertical only) is to change the TP's in the TP list from V to H.

After that this issue should stop.

Owen

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Tom.w reports they have found the issue and will fix it.

Owen

samrad41

Post by samrad41 »

Hi everyone, I just bought v8x but it has a lot of problems, the first one there is no signal every time I turn on the signal and the quality is 0% and after trying to turn off and on many times the signal is returned but the image freezes and the remote stops working no He could do nothing and enter the menu and he will turn it off if there is a solution please

Tom.w
网站管理员

Post by Tom.w »

samrad41 wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 7:45 pm
Hi everyone, I just bought v8x but it has a lot of problems, the first one there is no signal every time I turn on the signal and the quality is 0% and after trying to turn off and on many times the signal is returned but the image freezes and the remote stops working no He could do nothing and enter the menu and he will turn it off if there is a solution please
hello
what satellite,what frequency do you watch?
do you use diseqc or motor device?
Can you please take a video for these issues with https://wetransfer.com/ send it to me

samrad41

Post by samrad41 »

Hello, I tried more than two satellite astra 19 and hotbird 13, nothing has functioned, I have motor , and removed, it. I but the cable derict is still the same and more, the control is blocked and could not do anything

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

samrad41 wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:15 pm
Hello, I tried more than two satellite astra 19 and hotbird 13, nothing has functioned, I have motor , and removed, it. I but the cable derict is still the same and more, the control is blocked and could not do anything
Are you doing a blind scan?
Have you got the correct LNB setting for your LNB?
Check your cables for shorts etc.

When you had you USALS motor in the cable did the light on it show, or could you make it move by pressing the motor move button on the mover?

Owen

samrad41

Post by samrad41 »

Hello, all the installation is fine, the lnb, the cables, everything is well installed, I have two more docs that work very well and it is not the first time that I install satillet, I work on that and I already know that the problem is not lnb or cables or programming OK

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”