Still no software fix?
we will release a new firmware this week

Angel Luis

Re: GTMEDIA v8x loses antenna signal when turned off

Post by Angel Luis »

Feralkiwi wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:03 pm
Confirmed!!

I first tested this using my normal local channels and all worked well.
THE SIGNAL WILL NOT COME BACK UNTIL I DISCONNECT AND RECONNECT THE ANTENNA CABLE

Correction. Multistream is not the issue!

After this comment by akse I remembered this same thing with the early V8Pro2 software on MULTISTREAM channels.
My local multistream channels would work if I unplugged the LNB cable for a moment.
This was fixed by software version V8Pro2 software of May 2020.

So I tested again with LNB power supplied by another unit through a splitter, and the V8X with LNB power "OFF".
Yes after power off / on the channel shows good signal and quality, but no picture, until you change the setting for LNB power back to "ON".

This shows this is an issue with multistream channels or similar referencing of the video stream.
Multistream TP's show a number like "M162" or "M2" in the TP list, while normal channels do not.

I realised that the only channels that were affected on many satellites are always Vertical polarity.
I tested this by swapping the polarity of the TP's on one satellite from H to V and V to H.
I then twisted the LNB 90 degrees. This swaps the signal from H to V and V to H.
After that the channels that would not open after power Off / On when they were a vertical channel now open as a Horrizontal channel and the ones that were H and did open now do not.

The fault is now defined as:
V8X LNB menu setting set to LNB power "OFF".
Power then unit off and then on.
All vertical polarity channels will now not open video, but still show good signal and quality.

Tom.w
Please note this.

Owen

Added to V8 Bug tracking list.

Hello,

Is this problem solved in the firmware update from 7-12-2020?

In the changelog is not mentioned.

Thanks.

Edited Frealkiwi:
V8 bug tracking updated, Solved with 07 Dec 20202 software.

akse

Post by akse »

We waited 3 weeks and nothing was corrected with the signal in the new firmware 07/12/2020. It was the most important thing to do !!! :(

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

I cannot see what the issue is, the (lnb power) has to be (on), so that a signal is received.
With the latest software, with the said receiver, i carried out the following.
Have the receiver on a motor, sent on a "V" channel, switched the receiver "OFF" with the remote, which means it is in "stand-by", switched the receiver back on, signal came back at once, picture on the screen.
Did the same on a "H" channel, all as it should.
I then switched the receiver "OFF" by the remote, then at the back of the receiver, i left it "OFF" for at least 5min's, "SWITCHED" the receiver back on, booted back-up, signal came back at once , picture on the screen.

Den

akse

Post by akse »

Unfortunately, it does not work for me. I can record the movie- LNB is in ON position, signal will be lost.

iq180
网站管理员

Post by iq180 »

STRETCH wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:17 pm
I cannot see what the issue is, the (lnb power) has to be (on), so that a signal is received.
Have the receiver on a motor, sent on a "V" channel, switched the receiver "OFF" with the remote, which means it is in "stand-by", switched the receiver back on, signal came back at once, picture on the screen.
I then switched the receiver "OFF" by the remote, then at the back of the receiver, i left it "OFF" for at least 5min's, "SWITCHED" the receiver back on, booted back-up, signal came back at once , picture on the screen.

Den
No, LNB power does not have to be on if there is another receiver hooked to the LNB with power on, the problem is that other receiver would need to be set to V or H, the receiver with the LNB power off will only work on what ever the other receiver is set to, H or V.

Tom.w
网站管理员

Post by Tom.w »

iq180 wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:23 pm
STRETCH wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:17 pm

Den
No, LNB power does not have to be on if there is another receiver hooked to the LNB with power on, the problem is that other receiver would need to be set to V or H, the receiver with the LNB power off will only work on what ever the other receiver is set to, H or V.
Yes
it was a bug on the v8x platform.we have fixed it on the newest firmware.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Angel Luis wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 2:17 pm
Re LNB power off Vertical only not working after powering the unit off on.

Hello,

Thanks.
I will test to confirm this soon and report back.

Tom.w says they have fixed this.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Angel Luis

Post by Angel Luis »

Feralkiwi wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 5:24 am
Angel Luis wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 2:17 pm
Re LNB power off Vertical only not working after powering the unit off on.

Hello,

Thanks.
I will test to confirm this soon and report back.

Tom.w says they have fixed this.

Owen
Thanks for the answer.

I will test asap.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

I tested the new software 7 Dec 2020 and this power of on Vertical with LNB power set to OFF is fixed.

V8 bug tracking updated, solved with 07 Dec 20202 software.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

mrgibss

Post by mrgibss »

Hi,

I have put newest firmware and I struggling with the same problem "no signal" - so bug still exist.

akse

Post by akse »

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. The new firmware (07-12-2020) did not fix the problem.

Angel Luis

Post by Angel Luis »

Feralkiwi wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 7:31 pm
I tested the new software 7 Dec 2020 and this power of on Vertical with LNB power set to OFF is fixed.

V8 bug tracking updated, solved with 07 Dec 20202 software.

Owen
Hello.

Just test yesterday and mi problem is fixed and working ok.

With community antenna. My problem was, having the LNB off, when turning the deco off and on, the image was black. This is fixed, at least for me.

I have not had problems of loss of signal when turning on.

Thank you

akse

Post by akse »

This is probably a faulty batch of decoders, since some have this problem with the signal and others do not. For my part, I also bought a new converter to check it and it did not eliminate the problem with signal loss.

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

A new thread may have to be started to get a list of serial numbers which may still have this issue with the V8X model, in trying to pin point if a component may have failed / set up issue.
Hope i have not over stepped the mark.

Den

akse

Post by akse »

STRETCH wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 4:42 pm
A new thread may have to be started to get a list of serial numbers which may still have this issue with the V8X model, in trying to pin point if a component may have failed / set up issue.

Den

Very good idea :)

Tom.w
网站管理员

Post by Tom.w »

akse wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 6:35 pm
STRETCH wrote:

Den

hello
can you please give me more information about your issue?
what is yout lnb type,how do you connect to the v8x?

akse

Post by akse »

Tom.w wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:13 am
akse wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 6:35 pm
STRETCH wrote:

Den

hello
can you please give me more information about your issue?
what is yout lnb type,how do you connect to the v8x?
I have single LNB, one receiver, one satellite Hotbird 13.0E, no DiSEqC.
Good quality coaxial cable connected directly to the set-top box.

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

What satellite are you viewing, are your channels in the (C Band) or (KU Band), does this issue happen every time you switch off the receiver.
Is there a reason why you have to switch the receiver off, because i leave my V8x on all the time, and have not got a issue.
The more information that can be supplied, will get to the bottom of the issue.

Den

akse

Post by akse »

STRETCH wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:13 pm
What satellite are you viewing, are your channels in the (C Band) or (KU Band), does this issue happen every time you switch off the receiver.
Is there a reason why you have to switch the receiver off, because i leave my V8x on all the time, and have not got a issue.

Den
Satellite Hotbird 13E, pakiet nc+ (Cyfra+ Poland)

No live links

The signal is lost usually if the decoder is turned off with the remote control for a longer time. I have to disconnect the antenna cable and reconnect it for the signal to return. I also tested on two different converters and the same problem.

Tom.w
网站管理员

Post by Tom.w »

akse wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:50 pm
STRETCH wrote:

Den

No live links

The signal is lost usually if the decoder is turned off with the remote control for a longer time. I have to disconnect the antenna cable and reconnect it for the signal to return. I also tested on two different converters and the same problem.
hello
i want to confirm some detail information about your issue:
first:if do power off then power on with the power switch,not remote control,the signal is ok or not?
second:when the issue happened,what the frequency do you watch,what the polarity H or V?
third:when the issue happened,please try to switch another frequency channel, the signal is ok or not?

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

I know that you now have to switch the receiver off and on to get your signal back.
My question is (Why do have to switch the receiver off, i keep my receiver on all the time.)
This info may help towards solving this issue.

Den

akse

Post by akse »

Tom.w wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 4:03 am
akse wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:50 pm
STRETCH wrote:

Den

No live links

hello
i want to confirm some detail information about your issue:
first:if do power off then power on with the power switch,not remote control,the signal is ok or not?
second:when the issue happened,what the frequency do you watch,what the polarity H or V?
third:when the issue happened,please try to switch another frequency channel, the signal is ok or not?

1. If I turn off and then turn on with the power switch and not the remote control, the signal is also lost. The signal returns only after disconnecting and connecting the antenna cable.

2. The problem appears, no matter if I am watching a frequency with H or V polarization.

3. When a problem occurs and I switch to another frequency channel, the signal does not return.

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

Has any one in this thread said, (Have you tried another lnb to see if you get the same issue.
Also how are you decoding the said channels.

Den
Last edited by STRETCH on Tue Dec 15, 2020 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”