GTMEDIA v8x loses antenna signal when turned off

V8 NOVA / V8 HONOR / V8 PRO2/V8 UHD / V8X

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

akse

Re: GTMEDIA v8x loses antenna signal when turned off

Post by akse »

STRETCH wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:53 pm
Has any one in this thread said, (Have you tried another lnb to see if you get the same issue.

Den

I replaced the lnb with a new one and no changes either. There was also a test on two different lnb.

akse

Post by akse »

STRETCH wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:53 pm
Has any one in this thread said, (Have you tried another lnb to see if you get the same issue.
Also how are you decoding the said channels.

Den

So I tried another lnb. Ccam decoding

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

akse wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:32 pm
1. If I turn off and then turn on with the power switch and not the remote control, the signal is also lost. The signal returns only after disconnecting and connecting the antenna cable.

2. The problem appears, no matter if I am watching a frequency with H or V polarization.

3. When a problem occurs and I switch to another frequency channel, the signal does not return.
This may be the LNB power being turned off with a power surge as the LNB is powered on.
The LNB over current protection is reset by unplugging the cable.

Try this instead to confirm.
Power on.
Not working.
Go to the menu and change the LNB power to "OFF'.
Exit and menu and LNB power "ON".

Does the unit now work?

Also please: What DiSEqC switch settings are you using?
Unplugging the LNB cable will reset any switch to port 1.
4 port switches use DiSEqC 1.0 and 8 port switches use DiSEqC 1.1

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

cpr43
网站管理员

Post by cpr43 »

I move recently to my 10 footer using a 4X4 diseqc switch. I used the non 22K section for C band and the 22k ON section for the Ku band. I have noticed my V8X goes to NO signal at all several times after sometime, signal 0% and Quality 0% while others models works fine. I disconnected the V8x from power for some time and it begins to work fine when plug back. Something is no right with the diseqc on the V8x.

Also, please fix the boot to NTSC for AMerica or add the short keys as previous models.

Added fast key to switch video output mode or format.
we try to support some old TV or some signal mode TV
Press menu key to main menu.(Panel show "----")
press Green key to switch NTSC/PAL, the panel will show "PAL " or "NTSC"
Press Stop key to switch the video format
PAL mode : the panel will show "576I" -- "576P" -- "720P"(50HZ) --"1080I"(50HZ) --"1080P"(50HZ)
NTSC mode : the panel will show "480I" -- "480P" -- "720P"(60HZ) --"1080I"(60HZ) --"1080P"(60HZ)

Tom.w
网站管理员

Post by Tom.w »

cpr43 wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:56 am
I move recently to my 10 footer using a 4X4 diseqc switch. I used the non 22K section for C band and the 22k ON section for the Ku band. I have noticed my V8X goes to NO signal at all several times after sometime, signal 0% and Quality 0% while others models works fine. I disconnected the V8x from power for some time and it begins to work fine when plug back. Something is no right with the diseqc on the V8x.

Also, please fix the boot to NTSC for AMerica or add the short keys as previous models.

Added fast key to switch video output mode or format.
we try to support some old TV or some signal mode TV
Press menu key to main menu.(Panel show "----")
press Green key to switch NTSC/PAL, the panel will show "PAL " or "NTSC"
Press Stop key to switch the video format
PAL mode : the panel will show "576I" -- "576P" -- "720P"(50HZ) --"1080I"(50HZ) --"1080P"(50HZ)
NTSC mode : the panel will show "480I" -- "480P" -- "720P"(60HZ) --"1080I"(60HZ) --"1080P"(60HZ)
hello
about the signal,can you please show me some photos,tell me how about the connection?
I will follow your settings,then check it.

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

The user says that he has a single dish set onto 13e, NO switching used, decoded by cccam.

Den

mrgibss

Post by mrgibss »

Hi,

Regarding all mentionded above soultions for "no signal" issue.To be have a clear status, I'm not disconnecting antenna cable, just switching power on/off (at the back of tuner) and after few times signal is comming back. It takes about 3 to 5 times and its comming back. I had previous GT Media V8 Nova Orange and I didn't had such a problem, so this is 100% bug in software.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

cpr43 wrote:
You can not use a 22kHz switch first as it will switch with each "bit" of a DiSEqC command.
Some DiSEqC 1.0 switches still save enough power to read the DiSEqC command through a 22kHz switch.
It may be that the V8X uses a slightly longer pulse width that makes the second switch loose power and not read the DiSEqC command through a 22kHz switch.
I have seen other users also report this.

Main rule is that you do not use a 22kHz switch before a DiSEqC switch.

You may have to get a DiSEqC 1.1 uncommitted 8 port switch for your first switch.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

cpr43
网站管理员

Post by cpr43 »

Feralkiwi wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:45 pm
cpr43 wrote:
You can not use a 22kHz switch first as it will switch with each "bit" of a DiSEqC command.
Some DiSEqC 1.0 switches still save enough power to read the DiSEqC command through a 22kHz switch.
It may be that the V8X uses a slightly longer pulse width that makes the second switch loose power and not read the DiSEqC command through a 22kHz switch.

You may have to get a DiSEqC 1.1 uncommitted 8 port switch for your first switch.

Owen
Maybe you didnt understand right, the 4X4 does not used any additional 22khz switch or either any additional diseqc. As explained I used 2 connectors of the 4x4 for my dual C band and 2 connectors on the 22khz side for my dual lineal Ku band. Being using this setup for almost a decade w/out problems. I tried to remove the power supply from power and the top cover of it came out. So I throw it away and used another one and since the box is working fine. Probably the PS was getting bad.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

cpr43 wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:38 pm
Feralkiwi wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:45 pm
cpr43 wrote:

Owen
Maybe you didn't understand right, the 4X4 does not used any additional 22khz switch or either any additional diseqc. As explained I used 2 connectors of the 4x4 for my dual C band and 2 connectors on the 22khz side for my dual lineal Ku band. Being using this setup for almost a decade w/out problems. I tried to remove the power supply from power and the top cover of it came out. So I throw it away and used another one and since the box is working fine. Probably the PS was getting bad.
Sorry I now know what switch you have.

The sort with H and V with NO 22kHz and H and V with 22kHz ON.
This is not a DiSEqC switch as you said. That's why I was confused about what you had.

I hope the power supply change fixed this.

Maybe the issue with the V8X is the 22kHz frequency or level?
I will do some tests.

Owen

Lalinda

Post by Lalinda »

akse wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:02 pm
GTMEDIA v8x loses antenna signal when turned off. I have to disconnect the antenna cable and connect it again. Please help.
I have the same problem on my v8x still 2020/12/23 firmware too same problem
GtmediaV8X>>>>>105e,95e,91.5e,76.5e,68.5e,66e,52e,45e,36e

Coyote

Post by Coyote »

A mí también me ocurre con un V8 x que pierde la señal de antena pongo el V8 Nova y no pasa. Tengo el satélite Astra con antena individual y solamente me pasa en el aparato V8 x el V8 Nova funciona correctamente y no pierde la señal de antena y el V8 honor tampoco pierde la señal de antena en el mismo sitio

Tom.w
网站管理员

Post by Tom.w »

Coyote wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:20 pm
A mí también me ocurre con un V8 x que pierde la señal de antena pongo el V8 Nova y no pasa. Tengo el satélite Astra con antena individual y solamente me pasa en el aparato V8 x el V8 Nova funciona correctamente y no pierde la señal de antena y el V8 honor tampoco pierde la señal de antena en el mismo sitio
hello
please show me the firmware version about your v8nova and v8honor.
I will check their difference

Mikie4uk

Post by Mikie4uk »

Yes, I have the same problem with my new GT MEDIA Turbo[/b] losing the signal every time I switch it offand was told different causes such as it being my LNB, cable, and network. This does not happen when connecting my old receiver so am sure it's a firmware issue. Would be nice if the company could resolve it rather than blame it on other problems such as above.
I like this receiver when it's working and am sure that GT MEDIA will sort it out soon?

Coyote

Post by Coyote »

En el V8 Nova y V8 honor tengo en la última actualización igual que en el v8x

Coyote

Post by Coyote »

Todos los aparatos están actualizados siempre a la última actualización que me descargo de su página

Thapia

Post by Thapia »

Tengo el mismo problema. Deben actualizar el firmware que solucione este problema cuanto antes.

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

My question is (Why do users switch off their receivers.) i know you have to switch off the receiver when you are working on the receiver like change lnb etc.

Den

Thapia

Post by Thapia »

Yo siempre apago el deco cuando no lo estoy usando, más que nada por ahorrar electricidad, ¿para que lo quiero encendido? Lo que no es normal es que cada vez que se apaga pierda la señal de la antena. Y eso habrá que solucionarlo.

Coyote

Post by Coyote »

Yo también siempre apago por la noche el decodificador pero el V8 Nova no pierde la señal al apagarlo ni el V8 honor tampoco la pierde solamente es el v8x en el mismo sitio. Y lo apago por ahorrar electricidad y porque todos los aparatos deben de estar apagado por la noche . Así se ahorra electricidad y se evitan problemas .

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

STRETCH wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 1:32 pm
My question is (Why do users switch off their receivers.) i know you have to switch off the receiver when you are working on the receiver like change lnb etc.

Den
I too turn off all my stuff at the wall. TV's STB etc.
This allows them to cool down and saves power.
Many users have reported heat related issues with GT Media units.

I once tested a STB for power use. In standby it used 10% less power than when it was active.
Only the AV outputs and LNB were powered off in standby.
Some STB's do not power off the LNB when in standby, GT Media do.

A friend set up a remote controlled power switch to power off all the media center stuff when not being used.
This cut $NZ50 ($US36) a month from his power bill.

Over heating is still my main reason.

Owen

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Thapia wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 12:52 pm
Tengo el mismo problema. Deben actualizar el firmware que solucione este problema cuanto antes.
You said by PM that you have a single dish. No motor.

Are you watching a free to air channel or Ccam?

Do you have any DiSEqC switches in you cable or have any DiSEqC setting in the menu?

Does this happen if you use the remote to power off and then on the unit with the wall power still ON?

Check you LNB cable for water damage etc. It may be the LNB over current protection tripping in on power on that is causing this.
Dirty cable connections etc can use more current on power on.

What type of single dish LNB do you have?

Owen

Tom.w
网站管理员

Post by Tom.w »

hello

Can anyone help me test this issue?
Please PM your mail address to me.
I will send a test firmware to you.
Thank you very much for your cooperation.

cpr43
网站管理员

Post by cpr43 »

Tom.w wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:12 am
hello

PM sent

Delirium

Post by Delirium »

Tom.w wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:12 am
hello

This problem was present on the V8 PRO 2 and you have solved it.
I myself tried the firmware you prepared as a test
GTX Combo - V8 UHD - GT combo - V8 Finder Pro - V7 Pro - V8X - V8 Turbo - X8 - X8 combo - V8 Pro 2 - D2 DAB+

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”